VAForum 2 Deprecated: Non-static method ForumData etc...

in2tech

I have completely removed the tables from the database and reinstalled and I still get this error since moving the site over. If I completely remove it how can this still be happening and not install correctly on a Fresh brand new installation of the VAForum 2 Module?

Deprecated: Non-static method ForumData::is_moderator() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in blah blah blah.....

Same thing for Screenshot Center but screen shot common file?

Deprecated: Non-static method ScreenshotsData::getpagnated() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/fswbreak/public_html/lib/skins/Be/Screenshots/screenshots_viewer.php on line 20

And thank you very much that fixed the forums :)

Yep worked like a champ. Fixed the screen shot one too. That was fast and you didn't even have to reply :)

Registration error. Any ideas on it while you are on a roll :)

Warning: imagecreatefromstring(): Empty string or invalid image in /home/fswbreak/public_html/core/common/PilotData.class.php on line 1016

• Administrators
44 minutes ago, jnascar said:

Yep worked like a champ. Fixed the screen shot one too. That was fast and you didn't even have to reply :)

Registration error. Any ideas on it while you are on a roll :)

Warning: imagecreatefromstring(): Empty string or invalid image in /home/fswbreak/public_html/core/common/PilotData.class.php on line 1016

I believe that error has to do with the rank image link in the ranks table being a relative link (/lib/images/ranks/rankimage.png) instead of an absolute link  (http://sitename.com/lib/images/ranks/rankimage.png). I encountered this issue when approving PIREPS and regenerating signatures. In your caae - as a registration error - I guess it's happening when it attempts to assign a rank image to a new pilot. Changing the link in the table from relative to absolute should resolve the issue.

36 minutes ago, ProAvia said:

I believe that error has to do with the rank image link in the ranks table being a relative link (/lib/images/ranks/rankimage.png) instead of an absolute link  (http://sitename.com/lib/images/ranks/rankimage.png). I encountered this issue when approving PIREPS and regenerating signatures. In your caae - as a registration error - I guess it's happening when it attempts to assign a rank image to a new pilot. Changing the link in the table from relative to absolute should resolve the issue.

I'll try that. Thank you. Let you know if it works!

• Administrators

You may have to change all the rank links.

Originally I had absolute links, but changed to relative when I changed from HTTP to HTTPS - because I was advised it would make things easier in the future. This is when the isssue surfaced when approving PIREPS. I investigated and found the issue when regenerating signatures also. I have not seen it in Registration - but we don't use the default phpVMS module for that. Anything that has to do with rank image in PirepDataClass seems to produce the error.

EDIT: try running the regenerate signatures from Admin, Site & Settings, Maintenance, Reset Signatures and see if the error shows for all pilots. If error shows for all pilots, then all rank links need to be absolute.

Edited by ProAvia

17 minutes ago, ProAvia said:

You may have to change all the rank links.

Originally I had absolute links, but changed to relative when I changed from HTTP to HTTPS - because I was advised it would make things easier in the future. This is when the isssue surfaced when approving PIREPS. I investigated and found the issue when regenerating signatures also. I have not seen it in Registration - but we don't use the default phpVMS module for that. Anything that has to do with rank image in PirepDataClass seems to produce the error.

EDIT: try running the regenerate signatures from Admin, Site & Settings, Maintenance, Reset Signatures and see if the error shows for all pilots. If error shows for all pilots, then all rank links need to be absolute.

Same error for every pilot and the absolute did not work either!

Still this:

Warning: imagecreatefromstring(): Data is not in a recognized format in

for every pilot when Resetting Signatures and during registration!

• Administrators

For the first one - on line 812 - change 'public function' to 'public static function'

For the second - post the full URL for the ranks from the ranks table in the database so we can see if there is a formatting error.

2 hours ago, ProAvia said:

For the first one - on line 812 - change 'public function' to 'public static function'

For the second - post the full URL for the ranks from the ranks table in the database so we can see if there is a formatting error.

k, I'll give it a try! The full url IS in the database structure!, so that's not it! I don't think!

2018-03-06_2108

Just a snip it of it they are all filled in with absolutely link!

Edited by jnascar

Anybody know how to get the VAForum 2 to show images like New post etc... like other forum boards? I am NOT gonna use another board. I like that they can use it with their pilot id sign on. I have seen it done before, but don't remember where the info is :)

2018-03-09_1324

I actually know which ones are NEW post now cause of some code I found on here ages ago. I was just wanting a image that showed me and others they are new! Not a big deal, but would like to have it if I can :) Of course I think this only does 5 post so if there were more it might get confusing!

Oops should have made another post as this is about the error stuff, my bad!

Thanks!

Edited by jnascar