Schedules not adding

Sebastian1995

• 1 month later...

No, the problem is that when we try to import a schedules.csv file that works in another phpVMS setup (I changed all the airline codes/registration numbers to match), or we even try to manually add a schedule in and make all the checkboxes, it says that the schedule has successfully added, however the schedule that was supposedly added doesnt show up in the schedules database in the admin panel...it also doesnt show up at all in phpMyAdmin which is strange. I imported a few thousand schedules and it all says "Imported/Added XXX### (XXXX to XXXX)" for all of the schedules as if they were all successfully added to the system. But, when I go to the actual schedules database to confirm that they were added, no schedules show up in the tables.

What happens:

http://prntscr.com/jhavho   ->   http://prntscr.com/jhavr1   ;   http://prntscr.com/jhawh4

Edited by Dragonix12

• Administrators

Can you manually add a single schedule from the admin panel?

Are airports and aircraft already added - prior to schedule import?

phpVMS version? PHP version?

Have you tried adding a smaller number of schedules at one time? Trying to add 10,000 schedules at once might be an issue. Try adding 100 schedules to see if they import.

Edited by ProAvia

Tipster for schedules,

If you are running phpvms version 5.3.xx or higher, and have over roughly 5000 airports, this will instantly have a major effect on not only the speed (cut in half of site), but the Airport Table that is living in your phpvms install on your server. This is a small tweak that I think someone forgot to mention years ago. MySqL / database, or MySqLite etc., has for some reason, a hard time in one table with this. This can be avoided by copying in phpMyAdmin on the Server , the airport database to another table, by renaming of course the table. WARNING ! WARNING ! If you don't fully understand how tables work in that area, I HIGHLY recommend you don't mess with it, as you may find your self re-installing your whole system again, Adding another table removes the first table from bogging, you must set a limit also on the first table through the primary index, before you copy another table. Again, I can't stress enough that if you don't know or understand my above statements, please don't mess with it. Don't say I didn't warn you. 

On an easier note, try through phpmyadmin, optimizing your airport SQL tables first through the server, do this TWICE, there is a reason for 2 times. Exit phpmyadmin completely after doing so, restart your Browser completely, (another reason for this), go back into the ACP of your phpvms site, and try uploading only 10 schedules , make sure you have the airports already in your database of course, and let me know what happens here. Re-Optimizing in the ACP of your phpvms install only works to a point, this should always be done directly from your Server if you have access to it. Airports/Schedules again as mentioned, being linked to each other, (best I can do in English,lol), hiccup a lot with a LARGE Airport database structure, hench is why I run 3 tables a piece for schedules, and airports.

Hope this helps

Jimbo

I did try adding a single schedule in phpVMS. That was the 3rd screenshot. I tried adding a schedule list of 10 and it didn't work. All the airports and airlines have been added in prior to importing. Even if the airport wasn't added in, it would say that I need to manually add it in later so thats not the problem. I do have a semi-large airport database structures however I have worked on about 10 other phpVMS VA sites in the past year or two and have never ran into a problem like this with importing schedules and I've been using the same airports.csv file the whole time. I have messed around with some php.ini settings but to no avail. I will try optimizing my airport SQL tables and report back shortly.