Admin Dashboard Error

ProAvia

• Administrators

Starting this morning, we show the following error in the Admin Panel:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 30033 bytes) in /home/xxxxx/public_html/va_name/phpvms/core/classes/ezdb/ezdb_mysqli.class.php on line 287

Line 287: $result->close();

phpVMS 5.5.2 - default admin skin - no files changed for several weeks

Sidepanel shows fine and can navigate within sidepanel menus

php 5.6.18 - been on this version for a while

Anyone have any ideas on what to check for?

TIA!

Database  looks like is looking for the Older version of your php.ini file, for some strange reason. Ahhhhhh.......thats why I stick with php version 5.3.xx no headaches. Works great with all of the old modules to, sadly , I know its outdated. Oh well. For giggles, try looking or switching only if your SURE !! back to an older version of php on your Server, NOTE:::: ONLY IF YOU KNOW EXACTLY WHAT YOUR DOING BUDDY, I take NO responsibility for that what so ever!! ( just trying to help ya out ). Have you Optimized on the Server side your Database Tables  also ? check that, do each table individual.

Can't think of much more  at the moment, will keep looking around for ya for sure, keep me posted , Not knowing much about what exactly your server specs., are, for now best I can do.

Jimbo

• Administrators

Thanks Jimbo - the option to roll back to an earlier php version has been removed from our CPanel a few years back.

I went into the maintenamce options in phpVMS and ran the last 4 items.... Reset cached shedule routes, Reset cached PIREP routes, Clear cache and Optimize tables. That cleared the error and dashboard now loads correctly. Hopefully the next time this happens, I'll remember what to do.....

Glad things worked out, I figured the tables were a little cluttered, Server Optimization usually works well, glad for ya buddy !

I dread the day I have to upgrade, arrrghhh, everything will change on my NICELY running phpvms, LOL, oh well. Can't understand why, if works, then why "MESS WITH IT" lol.

Laterzzzz.,,,,, Jimbo

• 4 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Update on this topic..... While I thought I had fixed the issue by running maintenance in the admin panel, the issue resurfaced a few days later.

I was able to increase the "memory_limit" in the php.ini file and also needed to add an entry in .htaccess as we are on shared hosting. Our hosting company actually had an info page explaining what needed to be done.

Of course, this created another issue. The time function on our site was messed up and several modules through an error. Adding "date.timezone="UTC" to php.ini rectified this. Timezone can be set for any desired timezone - see the PHP manual for list of supposed timezones.