Upgrading ReCaptcha to v2

Nabeel

• Administrators
8 minutes ago, mboddicker said:

Nabeel,

I have followed all of those instructions, but I still get a broken registration page.

What exactly is broken? I need more information than that. Any errors? Logs? Try editing the local.config.php and remove the E_WARNING from the error_reporting clause. There might have been an inadvertent error while editing

Ok, I found part of my problem.  I was changing the registration_mainform.tpl file in the Templates folder but I actually needed to modify it in the Skins\CCV1 folder.  Turning on the errors display helped there, however, I now get the following error on the registration page:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function recaptcha_get_html() in /home3/vdelta/public_html/lib/skins/CCV1/registration_mainform.tpl on line 110

Line 110 is the "echo recaptcha_get_html(Config::Get('RECAPTCHA_PUBLIC_KEY'), $captcha_error);" line.

• Nabeel pinned this topic
On 5/14/2018 at 11:05 PM, Nabeel said:

These instructions should work

https://gist.github.com/nabeelio/6380e05dbb8ce8c53765f0068f6515e3

Note: Make sure to make the changes in the skin you're currently using.

HI! 

the program Adobe Dreamweaver shows an error in this line -  $recaptcha = new \ReCaptcha\ReCaptcha(Config::Get('RECAPTCHA_PRIVATE_KEY'));

here is my entry:

protected function VerifyData()
    {
        $error = false;

$recaptcha = new \ReCaptcha\ReCaptcha(Config::Get('RECAPTCHA_PRIVATE_KEY'));
        $resp = $recaptcha->verify($_POST['g-recaptcha-response'], $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR']);
        if(!$resp->isSuccess())
         {
            $error = true;
            $this->set('captcha_error', $resp->error);
        } else {
          $this->set('captcha_error', '');
        }

Edited by coldpll

• Administrators
11 hours ago, coldpll said:

HI! 

the program Adobe Dreamweaver shows an error in this line -  $recaptcha = new \ReCaptcha\ReCaptcha(Config::Get('RECAPTCHA_PRIVATE_KEY'));

But does it work? I wouldn't trust Dreamweaver, it's super old, and if it's giving you an error on that line, it means it doesn't know how to interpret namespaces. Use something like Atom or Visual Studio Code with PHP plugins.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Nabeel said:

But does it work? I wouldn't trust Dreamweaver, it's super old, and if it's giving you an error on that line, it means it doesn't know how to interpret namespaces. Use something like Atom or Visual Studio Code with PHP plugins.

Thanks, but in any case does not work, even if I keep so. After the registration of errors does not issue - but registration does not pass!

I do everything according to the instructions.

in files (recaptcha-1.1.3\src....) nothing needs to be changed?

Edited by coldpll

• Administrators
10 hours ago, coldpll said:

Thanks, but in any case does not work, even if I keep so. After the registration of errors does not issue - but registration does not pass!

I do everything according to the instructions.

in files (recaptcha-1.1.3\src....) nothing needs to be changed?

Nothing needs to be changed in there. Did you copy the files that are in src to the core/lib/recaptcha directory, or did you put the src directory in there? Does the recaptcha show up on the page? Did you remember to add the require_once in the core/bootstrap.inc.php file?

And did you register on the recaptcha site and get your key/secret and enter those into your local.config.php file?

10 hours ago, Nabeel said:

Nothing needs to be changed in there. Did you copy the files that are in src to the core/lib/recaptcha directory, or did you put the src directory in there? Does the recaptcha show up on the page? Did you remember to add the require_once in the core/bootstrap.inc.php file?

And did you register on the recaptcha site and get your key/secret and enter those into your local.config.php file?

Thank you! yes of course I did everything according to the instructions. But there is the question - .gitignore? I found only a text (.txt) file with this name - it's not at all clear what it is for.

reCAPTCHA can be seen on the site and it works, but the registration after does not work. Simply throws and offers again to register

Edited by coldpll

• Administrators
16 hours ago, coldpll said:

Thank you! yes of course I did everything according to the instructions. But there is the question - .gitignore? I found only a text (.txt) file with this name - it's not at all clear what it is for.

reCAPTCHA can be seen on the site and it works, but the registration after does not work. Simply throws and offers again to register

Don't worry about the gitignore file. Can you change your local/app.config.php files, the error reporting lines... change them to remove E_WARNING from them. Maybe there's some other kind of error. If that doesn't show anything, PM me.

On 5/26/2018 at 1:10 AM, Nabeel said:

Don't worry about the gitignore file. Can you change your local/app.config.php files, the error reporting lines... change them to remove E_WARNING from them. Maybe there's some other kind of error. If that doesn't show anything, PM me.

ok. Thank you! 

On 5/14/2018 at 1:05 PM, Nabeel said:

These instructions should work

https://gist.github.com/nabeelio/6380e05dbb8ce8c53765f0068f6515e3

Note: Make sure to make the changes in the skin you're currently using.

Hello, Nabeel!

Thank you so much for this information. Anyway, is there anything like this for the Contact form as well?

Regards!

Edited by Felipe

• Administrators
4 minutes ago, Felipe said:

Hello, Nabeel!

Thank you so much for this information. Anyway, is there anything like this for the Contact form as well?

Regards!

Just make the same changes but on those pages/forms instead

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators
On 7/5/2018 at 1:39 PM, joeri said:

hello all i thried this to my website and the form just resets itself but nor registration is passed.

anny help would be nice

Hey Joeri, long time! Any errors anywhere?

• 1 month later...

I get this:

Warning: require_once(/home3/woodsdom/public_html/CPC/core/lib/recaptcha/autoload.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home3/woodsdom/public_html/CPC/core/bootstrap.inc.php on line 20

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home3/woodsdom/public_html/CPC/core/lib/recaptcha/autoload.php' (include_path='.:/opt/alt/php53/usr/share/pear:/opt/alt/php53/usr/share/php') in /home3/woodsdom/public_html/CPC/core/bootstrap.inc.php on line 20

Would this have anything to do with the fact that my site has the http://www.canadianclassicairlines.com/CPC/ whereas, the my main hosting site is: http://www.canadianclassicairlines.com

I know that had caused issues with a couple modules, ages ago?!

And should there be an "autoload.php" file in the /core/lib/recaptcha/ directory, because I don`t have one!?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So does the recaptcha update work here, or not? I've tried installing it and quite frankly, the knowledge needed to install it is way above my pay grade. So for most of this year we haven't had a single new member because of it.

If it does work, would anyone like to try doing the update for us?

• 3 months later...