Upgrading ReCaptcha to v2

Nabeel

• Administrators
5 hours ago, Taran22 said:

I followed the steps, but the recaptcha box just disappears.  http://skykingvirtualalliance.net/index.php/Registration

It appears you are using an invalid site key. Go to Google and get a Public and Private key - here's a guide: Google ReCaptcha Keys

Edited by ProAvia

• 2 weeks later...

so far, so good, recaptcha works
But now I get above the header area, these messages

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /var/www/web144317/html/core/app.config.php:1) in /var/www/web144317/html/index.php on line 74

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /var/www/web144317/html/core/app.config.php:1) in /var/www/web144317/html/index.php on line 76

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /var/www/web144317/html/core/app.config.php:1) in /var/www/web144317/html/index.php on line 78

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/5/2018 at 2:39 PM, joeri said:

hello all i thried this to my website and the form just resets itself but nor registration is passed.

anny help would be nice

We are having this exact issue. Followed all the steps, but filling out the form and clicking submit just reloads the contact form.

• 10 months later...

Good Morning guys. 
Having a problem, getting a fatal error. phpvms5. I have followed all of the instructions in this forum and the one below.

Using the instructions in the above linked forum...
I added the file recaptcha-master file to core/lib 

I replaced  -  require_once CORE_LIB_PATH.'/recaptcha/recaptchalib.php';
with - require_once CORE_LIB_PATH.'/recaptcha-master/src/autoload.php';
in core/modules/registration/registration.php

I copied and pasted the VerifyData information into the same file, removing what was originally there for recaptcha

I copied and pasted the information to registration_mainform.php in both:
/crew/lib/skins/crewcenter/registration_mainform.php (because im using a skin)
And
crew/core/templates/registration_mainform.php

This was not in the instructions, but I also added my recaptcha public and private keys in /public_html/crew/core/local.config.php and /public_html/crew/core/app.config.php for good measure.

I am getting this error:recaptchaerror.JPG

That error is referencing:

<?php
            echo recaptcha_get_html(Config::Get('RECAPTCHA_PUBLIC_KEY'), $captcha_error);
        ?>

I don't know what to do from this point. 

Edit - After checking... this DID work for the default registration form but not for the CrazyCreatives Crew test registration form. Don't know if anyone has experience with that.
Thanks

Edited by djtiger76

• Administrators

There is no phpVMS 5.There is 2.1.x, 5.5.2 and 5.5.2.72. Look in the lower right of the main admin page to see which you are using.

Both phpVMS 5.5.2 and phpVMS 5.5.2.72 are already recaptcha v2 compliant. No need to update them. But you will need to acquire a public and a private key from Google to use recaptcha. 

After you get the keys from Google, you need to place them in local.config.php

Also, don't add anything to app.config.php. Only add to local.config.php. the local.config.php file takes precidence over the app.config.php file. So if the same line is in both files, local.config.php line will be used.

Since the CC Crew Test is payware, you will need to ask them for help or check out their forums.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • Administrators

Since you are using phpVMS 5.5.2 and just starting out, I'd recommemd a completely new installation. Don't attempt to use this thread to "update" reCaptcha as 5.5.2 already has reRaptcha v2.

Don't edit any core files. Just add a theme/skin and a few basic modules. Any module edits should be done to the files in the module only.

Get used to the program before editing any core files. If you can't get something to work in the base program that works for everyone else, it's not an issue with the core files.