Google Maps Conversion

Nabeel

• Nabeel featured this topic

Man oh Man do I owe you big time for this one, I've been worried about Googles changes and our site. WOW, THANK YOU so so so much for this, will let ya know how it works on our site. I have been messing around with Great Circle and MapQuest trying to figure out a way to convert. Your a life save, I still can't believe what google pulled, wow. Thanks ! And if any donations are needed, please by all means let me know, This is what makes our community so Great ! 

Jim 

I finally got all of our maps converted and fixed to Leaflet maps. WOW is all I've got to say, what a pain in the butt that was. The only map I could NOT get to work and converted was the Module we bought from CrazyCreative, Connections map. Sadly the way its programmed after looking at it, its more work then I want to get involved with at this moment. However, that was the ONLY map we lost, thank goodness, I am also very very happy with the look and speed, and the short scripting with Leaflet. Thank You Leaflet, and Nabeel for the heads up with the scripting also. 

Its amazing how much money one can spend in Modules over the course of the years. I just wonder how many peeps are really mad right now that own a business system with their maps. Ouch !

In closing, we actually Love the new maps, far better for sure, its sad that everyone has to go through all of this, and I feel sad for those who know NOTHING about scripting and php, you've got your work cut out for you for sure. Here is the Link Locke to our site, poke around by all means, most everything is open, if you see something you can't get into, poke me via the web site, I'll set you up for a look around if you want, we are all brothers in phpvms, and I have no problem sharing anything I have for phpvms. 

http://searitransport.net/crewcenter

Jim

Edited by Heritage1
forgot something to add
  • Like 1

• Administrators
1 hour ago, flyalaska said:

Will this work in Simpilots v5?

I would like to know this as well.

The Google email I got stated that at present, we don't come close to exceeding the $200 monthly credit - but I don't want to give them my credit card number either.

• Administrators

I tried to implement this yesterday on my test site without success. All I get is a white background - no map, no nothing. Used my (non-crewcenter) skin and also tried with the Crystal skin. Version phpVMS 5.5.2 

I download the v2 repository and used the files from there to compare to mine. My acarsmap.php is slightly modified and I applied the edits there - but I also tried using the default file. My route_map.php is highly modified (for kACARSII) from the default, so I disn't try modifying it - used the defauly instead.

Later today I will try again - using my backed up original files as a starting point.

• Administrators
10 hours ago, ProAvia said:

Oh - it's entirely possible. I'll look again tomorrow.

Thanks!

You can also turn on error reporting in the config files and maybe that'll pop up some sort of error. It should work with IE AFAIK, there's nothing special going on there. But I don't use IE so I dunno. I would see if IE has a developer toolbar and see if that is throwing any errors.

• Administrators

Tried it again - still the IE issue. Even tried from a different computer thinking maybe IE on my computer is messed up. Reverted back to original Google Maps files for now. Will attempt again in a few days.

It's got to be an IE issue as I cannot see the acars map on Heritage1's site either using IE. http://seairtransport.net/crewcenter/index.php/acars

Same issue at flyalaska's site using IE: http://www.flyaka.com/index.php/acars

Must be a setting in my IE as flyalaska says it's working for him.

• Administrators
16 hours ago, ProAvia said:

Tried it again - still the IE issue. Even tried from a different computer thinking maybe IE on my computer is messed up. Reverted back to original Google Maps files for now. Will attempt again in a few days.

It's got to be an IE issue as I cannot see the acars map on Heritage1's site either using IE. http://seairtransport.net/crewcenter/index.php/acars

Same issue at flyalaska's site using IE: http://www.flyaka.com/index.php/acars

Must be a setting in my IE as flyalaska says it's working for him.

Does it work on Edge? Might be that IE just doesn't support the newer JS (ECMAScript 6) changes. I get a bunch of errors in IE11, but seems to be OK on Edge.

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/19/2018 at 12:21 AM, Relja12 said:

Anyone still have issues with white map on front page? I am using crewcenter and I do. Any ideas?

I have found the solution of this problem in own skin. In the layout.tpl (after line 30) there weren't enough references. Copy them from the defoult skin (from crystal). 

P.S. And step 2: change wrong data in local.config.php (line 66)  from G_PHYSICAL_MAP to OpenStreetMap.Mapnik

Edited by Oleg