GDPR

jrobinson2006

• Administrators
23 hours ago, jrobinson2006 said:

How are people here tackling GDPR within PHPVMS?

From what I understand, it's just don't sell your user's data. Just make sure your terms and conditions and privacy policy are clear and up to date. This is a good guide:

Since it's just a name and email, and no other personal data, there's limited exposure. However, I'm not a lawyer and haven't run anything by a lawyer, so if you're concerned, I'd probably find an attorney to talk to. I'm looking at impact as well for the newer version of phpVMS.

Termsfeed has a privacy policy generator:

You probably should update your terms of service as well.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Moderators

No, it applies to ANY organisation that stores, deals with, or somehow processes/has possession of other people’s personal data that reside in the EU. It doesn't matter how big you are or whether you provide a paid service. If you store personal data of others, you need to be GDPR compliant.

My VA is now GDPR compliant and have sent out a GDPR notice to all our pilots and I suggest that everyone should at least send something out. 

It’s better to be safe than sorry. 

• Like 1

• Administrators
6 hours ago, shakamonkey88 said:

No, it applies to ANY organisation that stores, deals with, or somehow processes/has possession of other people’s personal data that reside in the EU. It doesn't matter how big you are or whether you provide a paid service. If you store personal data of others, you need to be GDPR compliant.

My VA is now GDPR compliant and have sent out a GDPR notice to all our pilots and I suggest that everyone should at least send something out. 

It’s better to be safe than sorry. 

And even if you're an American organization, if you have anyone who is signed up who lives in Europe, it applies to you as well

• Moderators
5 hours ago, Nabeel said:

And even if you're an American organization, if you have anyone who is signed up who lives in Europe, it applies to you as well

Exactly. That’s what I meant by stating that it applies to ANY organisation with personal data of people that reside in the EU. 

Basically, it applies to 99.999% of people! :lol:

• 4 weeks later...