What PHP Version Do I Have?

SportPilot

Hello Everyone,

I would like to thank you in advance for reading my post. I am trying to figure out how I find out where to look for my PHP version?

I have an issue where my VA website works great using ipage as a host but recently went to move it to hostblast and everything worked great except the live flight board, it showed no flights when in fact i was on acars and flying. I feel like my PHP is old and hence not fully up to date with today's coding. All has been working great so I did not want to mess with anything.

When I did move the website away from ipage i had errors saying PHP was deprecated on ACARS side and even when I was able to fix them from occuring I still could not get the live flights page to display.

I have since moved everything back to ipage and just waiting for propagation to finish.

Is it hard to update PHP versions? I just don't know where to start because I do not know what version I am currently running.

Thanks again for your time.

Ray

Create a file named "info.php", add the following lines, and save it:

<?php
phpinfo();
?>

Upload the file to your server and open the file in your browser, like http://www.example.com/info.php You should now get all information about your apache server.

The update process about php can be tricky, depends on your knowledge about linux or server environment.

On a quick note SportPilot,

I to am using iPage for hosting, and love them, First started with Heritage VA 11 years ago with them, now running Seairtransport VA. They are completely 100% unlimited if using the Essential Package through them, which I am using. The price is right, and the uptime is almost 100% with them. Moral of the story, you can change the PHP version through the Control Panel also. (file: php.ini).

I use a lot of the older Modules for my site, so I am running php version 5.3.xx. You made a very very good choice for a hosting company, good luck, and poke me if you want some help anytime.

Jim