Cron job help

CanadaAirVirtual

How would I go about setting up the below cron job, or can anyone direct myself to any tutorials on how. Our VA runs phpVMS Version simpilot 5.5.2

If you have the ability, it's best to setup a cron-job to run the maintenance script. The command to add is:

php -f /home/canadaai/public_html/admin/maintenance.php

It's recommended to run this sometime between 2-6am (pick an artibrary time when you would least-likely have any flights). Also, remember to change in local.config.php, USE_CRON to true, so phpVMS doesn't try to automatically schedule these tasks to run.

Note: If you setup the cron to run, it's recommended to also run it by hand once to ensure data is populated, unless you want to wait for it to run automatically.

I think I figured it out. Would I not just navigate to /core/local.config.php, then replace the following script

Config::Set('USE_CRON', false);
with this
Config::Set('USE_CRON', true);

then add the following command to a cron job

php /home/canadaai/public_html/admin/maintenance.php

Any help/assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by CanadaAirVirtual

• Administrators

With my host, there is a menu item in CPanel under Advanced called Cron jobs. This is where you would set up the cron job. The command to enter there is the one in your first post --- php -f /home/canadaai/public_html/admin/maintenance.php

In local.config.php you have to have Config::Set('USE_CRON', true);

That should work - but you will have to find how to enter the cron job with your host if you don't have CPanel access