Page not showing correctly

bbuske

Hello,

thanks for the advice.

I have looked and this is what is coming up:

<head>
    <meta charset="utf-8"/>
    <meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=edge,chrome=1"/>
    <meta content='width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0, maximum-scale=1.0, user-scalable=0, shrink-to-fit=no' name='viewport'/>
    <link rel="shortcut icon" type="image/png" href="http://virtualairline.buske-it.com.ve/index.php/public/assets/frontend/img/favicon.png"/>

<title>not found - phpvms</title>

<link href="https://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Montserrat:400,700,200" rel="stylesheet"/>
    <link href="http://virtualairline.buske-it.com.ve/index.php/public/assets/frontend/css/bootstrap.min.css" rel="stylesheet"/>
    <link href="http://virtualairline.buske-it.com.ve/index.php/public/assets/frontend/css/now-ui-kit.css" rel="stylesheet"/>
    <link href="http://virtualairline.buske-it.com.ve/index.php/public/assets/frontend/css/styles.css" rel="stylesheet"/>

<link href="http://virtualairline.buske-it.com.ve/index.php/public/assets/system/css/vendor.css" rel="stylesheet"/>

<script>
    const PHPVMS_USER_API_KEY = false;
</script>
</head>

Obviously this is not looking right. The CSS should not be after the index.php.

However, this has been set up like this during installation. It is a brand new installation with nothing having been changed since.

Where do I change the CSS? I tried to look at the index.php files but they do not include any CSS.

Cheers

If you are using the NEW version of phpVMS v7, then it does not link like the other versions of phpVMS. Look at the default template in version 7, specifically the app.blade.php file where the links are usually,  and place your files in the same directories as the default template does. I don't think you have too, but that is the way I do it. It look's something like this:

<link href="{{ public_asset('/assets/frontend/rose/css/style.css') }}" rel="stylesheet" />

Notice the curly brackets being used in the NEW version 7 at the beginning and especially at the end of the link above! You don't link files in the same way as the older version(s)! I am pretty sure the link(s) are a Laravel thing, but not 100% sure at this time. I know I see them all the time in the code, and in the Laravel tutorials I am watching!

Good luck!

Also, it would be better if you posted in the phpVMS Version 7 forum area. But right now people seem to be confused as to where to post! I see v7 post in the Classic area and v5.x in the phpVMS v7 area, kind of confusing!

Also, does the default template work? You should not have to change anything in a NEW installation for phpVMS v7 to work! Also, you have to be running PHP 7.1 at this time! Only when you are making your OWN template do the links matter! The default should work in a new installation without any changes!

Is this what you are trying to get working? The NEW v7?

2018-10-20_1601

Edited by in2tech

Hi sorry for the confusion.

I am using Version 7. I don't know how it happened that I posted into the wrong forum though. Sorry about that.

I have installed the software and I am just trying to login and use it with the default template. But all I get is a pure HTML page with some colors and images but that's about it. If you click on the link above in my first post you can see it. The forum wont let me post images, only zip and tarballs. 

We are talking about the default theme here. Nothing special or extra. I have changed PHP from 7.2 to 7.1 but that does not fix the issue. Is there any extension in particular that needs to be running?

Cheers

For some reason that link is no longer working, but I did see the problem for just a second. Try deleting everything and try a NEW installation! Are you copying over all the files from the folder via FileZilla are something? That is how I do it and I grab the very last or most recent DEVELOPEMENT version not any of the alpha's as these usually have error's fixed, but CAN also break other thing's, but usually work for me! DELETE everything, create a BRAND NEW database ( you have to delete the database every time and start over fresh ) during development!

Try that and see if it work's, start all over again from scratch. I have had to do this many times! Make sure you delete the old database and create a brand NEW one!

Let me know! I'll be off and on here most of the day!

I use the Dev branch which is the latest development version(s). If you want to use phpMS during developement, join the Discord channel as it is easier ( for me anyway ) to get the latest version under the Development category. But that's just me, you can get it here too!

2018-10-20_1628

Should be the one on the bottom the dev branch version! But like I said I get it off phpVMS Discord as I know the latest one is posted there! DO NOT change any links, just upload the files, and go to the url and it should install and work after you fill out the setup info, it should! Right now I am working on template for v7, but one day I am planning on doing an installation video, one day! Although it should be fairly straight forward for most people, and should work. Of course it is still in development so ANY thing could and can go wrong :)

Edited by in2tech

Hey,

thanks!!!

That idea with the new install fixed the issue actually. I think the issue might have been that I placed the content of the phpvms installation into the main folder of the VA. Now I used a different approach: I unzipped the phpvms folder inside the VA folder as a sub folder and this worked just fine. I also deleted the db and made a new one.

Thanks for your help!

Cheers

14 minutes ago, bbuske said:

Hey,

thanks!!!

That idea with the new install fixed the issue actually. I think the issue might have been that I placed the content of the phpvms installation into the main folder of the VA. Now I used a different approach: I unzipped the phpvms folder inside the VA folder as a sub folder and this worked just fine. I also deleted the db and made a new one.

Thanks for your help!

Cheers

Your welcome, what's your NEW url to the v7 installation so I can take a look? And glad you got it working now!

51 minutes ago, bbuske said:

Hey,

sure thing. Take a look. It is here: http://va.buske-it.com.ve/phpvms/.

I have created it within a subdomain of my business url. Will update it later. For testing and first steps it is fine this way.

Thanks again!

Nice glad you got it working. Is this the first time you have installed v7? If so after looking at it awhile I think you will like it. Of course it is still in development, but a lot further then when I first started using it. I also have it running in a sub domain, but I need to test and see if it will work in a sub directory. Not sure if it will or not but I will test it at some point! A bunch of the NEW item's still have me a bit confused, like sub fleet's, etc... but it does work though. And lately since Nabeel added the import function on most pages in the admin area I have just neem importing the info from the Demo site :) I am mainly focused on learning the basic's of Laravel ( finally got it installed ), and the Blade Templating engine as that is my focus at this time.

Best of luck to you. Do you currently have a VA? Be sure and register on the Discord channel although it has been really quite lately there! Guess Nabeel is taking some time off from development. He was rocking and rolling on phpVMS development for awhile there! New version(s) were coming pretty fast, but not lately! The latest dev version seem's pretty stable for what I need and that is creating a template or theme, or I should say converting a theme to v7!

There you go:

2018-10-20_1859

Edited by in2tech

Well glad you like it. I fly with Qantas, which uses phpvms5 and it is already impressive. The new version 7 looks pretty good to me. I like what I have seen so far.

I am not yet owning a VA. I have been planning on setting one up for a while now, but I have not had the time to do so. I have been looking into VAM at first, since it looked good and the developer is Spanish, from here nearby. So that was something I liked too. However, I have found that the system has many bugs and is quite dead with regards to any development. Images wouldn't show up, issues with adding fleets and hubs, etc.

So yeah, I am trying to make my way with phpvms. As I said, Qantas uses it and it works fine so it is also something I know. It also works with ACARS and XACARS (very important for me, since I fly with XP11). Looking into how to get it installed on the server, will be the next big step for me. 

I don't know Lavarel too much heh. I do know web design and web development, so I know my way around HTML, PHP, JavaScript and stuff, but i have never bothered with Lavarel. I work mainly with Netbeans for programming and designing and I have quite a bit of scripts and libraries over the time. I have been interested by it some years ago, but time... time is always an issue.. lol especially if it is about learning something new, like this...

Anyway, thanks for your help. It is solved and it works. I knew it worked when I ran the installer, as it looked normal and fine, not like a simple HTML page. Just continued the first time, because I thought it might have been the server or maybe because of the alpha state of the software.

Cheers

2 hours ago, bbuske said:

Well glad you like it. I fly with Qantas, which uses phpvms5 and it is already impressive. The new version 7 looks pretty good to me. I like what I have seen so far.

I am not yet owning a VA. I have been planning on setting one up for a while now, but I have not had the time to do so. I have been looking into VAM at first, since it looked good and the developer is Spanish, from here nearby. So that was something I liked too. However, I have found that the system has many bugs and is quite dead with regards to any development. Images wouldn't show up, issues with adding fleets and hubs, etc.

So yeah, I am trying to make my way with phpvms. As I said, Qantas uses it and it works fine so it is also something I know. It also works with ACARS and XACARS (very important for me, since I fly with XP11). Looking into how to get it installed on the server, will be the next big step for me. 

I don't know Lavarel too much heh. I do know web design and web development, so I know my way around HTML, PHP, JavaScript and stuff, but i have never bothered with Lavarel. I work mainly with Netbeans for programming and designing and I have quite a bit of scripts and libraries over the time. I have been interested by it some years ago, but time... time is always an issue.. lol especially if it is about learning something new, like this...

Anyway, thanks for your help. It is solved and it works. I knew it worked when I ran the installer, as it looked normal and fine, not like a simple HTML page. Just continued the first time, because I thought it might have been the server or maybe because of the alpha state of the software.

Cheers

Yeah just remember phpVMS v7 is still in development and you will be fine. Not even finished yet, and add on's such as acars and such have a long way to go as far as I know! But if you start looking at v7 now you will at least know the basic's of it. That is what I am doing anyway. And I am just trying to learn the basic's of Laravel and programming only for v7 phpVMS so some of the code at least makes a little sense to me when trying to create or modify a template!

Best of luck and enjoy!

Edited by in2tech

Yeah I know.

That is why I wanted to get v5, but it said it was no longer supported and that it would be discouraged to download and instead go on using v7, which I did. But no worries. There is no rush anyway. I gonna spend some time getting used to it and all and until the VA starts flying, some weeks if not month will be passing by.

Thanks again for your help and keep up what you are doing. It is always good to learn something and you never know, when it comes in handy. Besides that it helps you improve your hobby. :)

I am mainly focused on the Blade Templating Engine of Laravel at the moment, and some very minor code. Although I may not being using it exactly as the developer planned I have been able to convert templates to phpVMS 7 in a very basic way. Don't completely understand it all yet, and may never, but at least they don't look like the original template and have some customization. I still have a lot to learn, but I am enjoying it at this point. Like you said this is just a hobby for me and I like trying to figure things out at times. I remember when Nabeel ( the developer of phpVMS ) first told me some things about the Blade Templating and I was so confused. It's starting to click a bit now! In a very basic way!

Enjoy, be sure and post any progress! I am planning on making a very basic YouTube video on converting a simple template to work with phpVMS v7! All of what I do may not be right, but it works for the most part. And we will all be able to help each other learn making a NEW theme for phpVMS 7! Which is the very first thing people want when they download phpVMS, any version, and after they learn the basic setup process, next thing they want is a Theme that is unique for their VA!

Later!

On 10/26/2018 at 6:25 AM, bbuske said:

Thanks I am getting used to it.

It is all working well so far! Really nice, thanks for your help man.

Your welcome and the customizing existing template to v7 theme tutorial is up now. At least the first two parts in the series. People should actually be able to get started at least now, the ones that know nothing at all, hopefully!

Have a great day, let us know about your progress in the future!

• 3 weeks later...