Dedicated Freighters

thunder175

I'm very apprehensive about eventually moving from 5.5.2 to v7. Although after playing with the demo version I'm really enjoying the new features. I did have a concern however. At least in the current state, I don't see many cargo/freight specific options as most everything looks to more for a passenger airline. How would we set the fares for freighters? Would we have a single fare class for general freight to the max payload of the aircraft? I don't know if this would have any advantages, but I guess we could set multiple fare categories for main deck cargo and belly cargo for dedicated freighter aircraft. Any thoughts or guidance about cargo only VA's running phpvms v7?

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I agree TAV, I operate a Military Site, which is strictly Cargo for obvious reasons, lol....but it works well for us, Great thinking beyond the box thunder. Me, I love the old stuff, if it works then why mess with it is my motto , lol 

Jimbo

Edited by Heritage1
typo

• Administrators
On 11/6/2018 at 10:49 AM, thunder175 said:

I'm very apprehensive about eventually moving from 5.5.2 to v7. Although after playing with the demo version I'm really enjoying the new features. I did have a concern however. At least in the current state, I don't see many cargo/freight specific options as most everything looks to more for a passenger airline. How would we set the fares for freighters? Would we have a single fare class for general freight to the max payload of the aircraft? I don't know if this would have any advantages, but I guess we could set multiple fare categories for main deck cargo and belly cargo for dedicated freighter aircraft. Any thoughts or guidance about cargo only VA's running phpvms v7?

I've left it open-ended, so you can set the fares to every X unit costs Y. When you create a schedule, you have the option to select a flight type, so you can select Cargo there. It doesn't change the units or anything, but maybe if it's a cargo flight, it can change the terms used to be more cargo-specific for those flights. But that's sort of what I was envisioning, with the open-ended nature of how fares can be set on a subfleet... which would allow you to mix a subfleet that's dedicated for pax and another for cargo... if that makes sense.

Aside from unit cost, what other freight-specific options that are missing?

• 1 year later...