Airports cachable (dropdown)?

bobbybossmann

Hi Folks,

I've got a question concerning the dropdown list of the airports. I've got about 20k airports in my database. It took a long time to load in the frontend and in the backend. Is there any way to cache them, that the user do not have to wait, until the complete list of airports are being loaded?

Sorry for my worse english and thanks a lot.

Greetings from Germany

bobbybossmann

System: phpvms 5.X with the crewcenter template

Edited by bobbybossmann

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/14/2018 at 2:03 PM, bobbybossmann said:

Hi Folks,

I've got a question concerning the dropdown list of the airports. I've got about 20k airports in my database. It took a long time to load in the frontend and in the backend. Is there any way to cache them, that the user do not have to wait, until the complete list of airports are being loaded?

Sorry for my worse english and thanks a lot.

Greetings from Germany

bobbybossmann

System: phpvms 5.X with the crewcenter template

Hi! 

The best way to fix this is to alter the input type in the schedules form. By default, it's a drop-down, so changing that into a input field might save you the loading time. 

Drawbacks : Pilots will not be able to see all the airports in the database. In my honest opinion, they're not going to even need to see those 20k airports, so you don't have to worry much. 

How to change

1. Take back up of the schedules_searchform.php 

2. In the schedules_searchform.php, remove the drop-down lists for the departure and arrival airports and change them with this

<input type="text" name="depicao" class="form- control" placeholder="Please Enter the ICAO code for your departure airport" /> 

* Repeat the same, alter the name to arricao and then save the file. 

Now you would have made a form where your pilots can manually enter their dep & arr icao codes. 

I know this is not exactly what you wanted, but let me know if it helps :)

Regards. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...