EVENTBooking BETA 1.3

simpilot

• Administrators

EVENTBooking beta 1.0

phpVMS module to create and manage fly-in events for your phpVMS based virtual airline.

Developed by:

simpilot

www.simpilotgroup.com

Developed on:

phpVMS 2.1.921

php 5.2.11

mysql 5.0.51

apache 2.2.11

Install:

-Download the attached package.

-unzip the package and place the files as structured in your root phpVMS install.

-use the event.sql file to create the tables needed in your sql database using phpmyadmin or similar.

-create a link in your admin navigation panel

I put it on line 54 in admin/lib/layout/header.tpl

<li><a href="<?php echo SITE_URL?>/admin/index.php/events_admin">Events</a></li>

-create a link in your main site nav bar

<li><a href="<?php echo url('/events') ?>">Events</a></li>

This is a VERY BASIC BETA version of this module. It only includes basic functionality and is currently under further development. It is only being released in this BETA form for community input on further options.

The Slot Limit determines how many open slots are available to pilots for signing up beyond the slots that are already reserved. - I would suggest not editing this after you have created the event and have signups.

The Slot Interval is how many minutes are between each Slot Reservation. This is not editable once you set the number in the creation of the event.

Bug tracker and feature requests here - http://bugs.phpvms.net/browse/EVB

Released under the following license:

Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 Unported License

EVENTBooking beta 1.1 update

-removed datepicker calendar and added date dropdown to support all browsers

-added news post function during initial creation of event

-added function to delete an event and all signups associated with it

-changed sql field size for event description from 250 characters to 2000 characters

New Install

Same as 1.0 install above

Update

Overwrite existing files for EVENTBooking with the new 1.1 files

Run event_update.sql in your events table in your phpvms database

EVENTBooking beta 1.2 update - phpVMS ver 929

-fixed small date bug when editing event

-new function to automatically add the link in the admin panel for the events module. It should show up under addons->events. (only functional with build 929 and beyond) You no longer need to put the link in your header for the admin side and it will not get overwritten in updates.

New Install

Update

Overwrite existing files for EVENTBooking with the new 1.2 files

If you are updateing from 1.0 -> Run event_update.sql in your events table in your phpvms database

EVENTBooking beta 1.3 update - phpVMS ver 930

-added pilot rankings for number of events attended.

New Install

Update

Overwrite existing files for EVENTBooking with the new 1.3 files

If you are updating from 1.0 -> Run event_update_1.1.sql & event_update_1.3.sql in your events table in your phpvms database

If you are updating from 1.1 or 1.2 -> Run event_update_1.3.sql in your events table in your phpvms database

Code hosted on Github - Link In Signature.

• Like 12

• Moderators

Yeh i got the same :) just manually put it in yyyy-mm-dd is the format.

The other thing is any chance of increasing the description limit?

Another beauty from Dave :)

Thanks Simpilot

Yep, that's what i have.

Your work on this module is very much appreciated Simpilot, I would like to thank you B)

I have installed the add-on on my site, and will be skinning it up over the next few days, I had a look around the add-on and it's definitely a welcome addition! It will be a little diamond gem when I get around to using it live.

• Administrators

stuart, are you having the same date issue?

When you guys click, or tab, into the date selection box the jquery datepicker should pop up, like this -

eb9.jpg

if it doesn't, there are issues somewhere before that which we will have to figure out, but you should also be able to manually input the date in a yyyy-mm-dd format. It seems to be working for me on 921, what version are you guys on?

• Administrators

The other thing is any chance of increasing the description limit?

You can change the field to what you would like in the sql table, i just changed it to 2000 from 250 in my version so it will be exported that way for the next release. Not sure why I had 250 :unsure:

When you guys click, or tab, into the date selection box the jquery datepicker should pop up, like this -

if it doesn't, there are issues somewhere before that which we will have to figure out, but you should also be able to manually input the date in a yyyy-mm-dd format. It seems to be working for me on 921, what version are you guys on?

Sorry I missed that post. I'm on 922 and the date pickers working fine for me. B)

datepicker.JPG

• Moderators

eb9.jpg

Simpilot, when i create a new event, it was already popped out.

Hey Simpilot,

Wow what a great add on. Better than what I expected.

I also have the issue regarding the Calendar, Its already open when I load the page and it does not fill in any details.

Another request if possible? :blink: Would it be possible for the event to be added to the latest new at the same time. Not sure what the other guys think of this?

Awesome add-on!!!

Hey Simpilot,

Wow what a great add on. Better than what I expected.

I also have the issue regarding the Calendar, Its already open when I load the page and it does not fill in any details.

Another request if possible? :blink: Would it be possible for the event to be added to the latest new at the same time. Not sure what the other guys think of this?

Awesome add-on!!!

Wouldn't it be better to keep the news seperate from events, especially if you are going to be using banners advertising the events? That's how I am hoping to utilise the events add on. Each banner will link through to the event info page.

PS Simpilot: I have been testing the add on, and it's working fine on my site, just wanted to double check everything.

http://britair.net/index.php/events

• Administrators

Wow guys, I go out for the day and..... :P

Nabeel has set up a project for this module in the new bug tracker - http://bugs.phpvms.net/browse/EVB

You can use it to add bugs or request new features.

Support issues should remain in the forum thread. B)

Does anyone have the date-picker working correctly? If someone that is having an issue with it would be willing to let me use a login to their site so I can see it, that woudl be helpful, I can't seem to reproduce the problem here.

If you guys want a news post tied to the event I could make it an option that you would have to check off when you create the event.

Guests signing up for events - I have to think about this one a bit, probably would need some kind of temp table to hold guests info. What would you want to know about them? email, name, etc... I dont think I have ever seen guests flying in a VA event, that is definitly thinking outside the box.

Dave,

the news post tied to an event is a very helpful option, i suppose all VAs will use it

the guests (when welcome) should have an opportunity to book someway (imagine, you would like to participate in a VAs event once but you are not member, you would prefer to be able to book your slot). i think name and e-mail is enough for it.

Thanks!

• Administrators

gosox116, on 18 April 2010 - 01:23 PM, said:

Simpilot,

I have installed and tested it in my site. First off, the Beta is AWESOME!

I did find a few bugs:

--Calendar won't let you select dates, you have to type them in

--If you set the slot limit to 10, and 3 members sign up, it shows a total of 13 slots instead of 10

Thank,

Carl

Are you using firefox? - The calendar seems to be an issue for that browser, ie8 seems to display it fine. Still looking into it.

The slot limit probably should be worded better. It is currently set that that is how many open slots to have at any one time, so if it is 10 and you have 3 signups it would be 13 total. 3 reserved and 10 open. I needed something to set u the loop, or it would just go on to infinity and I did not want to make it a fixed number as some may have different ideas, maybe best to add a true slot limit as well. :unsure:

• Administrators

1 Question Can I put the admin/lib/layout/header.tpl into my Skins Folder so the the upgrades don't overwrite the event line in 54?

I have not tried but I am thinking you could create a new admin skin folder in the admin section then change the config::layout in the local file to use that skin but you will have to keep up with any admin side changes. It would probably be better at this point to just reset the link with each update.

I have not tried but I am thinking you could create a new admin skin folder in the admin section then change the config::layout in the local file to use that skin but you will have to keep up with any admin side changes. It would probably be better at this point to just reset the link with each update.

No Problem I just did the 2.1 ver 927 update and forget to try it so still had to re-add the Script :D:P

EVENTBooking updated to 1.2 - new package at beginning of thread B)

I updated and it looks great but I go one error. I use the Popupnews on my sidebar. It show the event in the popupnews but when I click on the new Item I get this.

Warning: call_user_func_array() [function.call-user-func-array]: First argument is expected to be a valid callback, 'PopUpNews::popupnewsitem' was given in /hermes/web06b/b338/pow.llju1/htdocs/core/classes/MainController.class.php  on line 218

any Ideas?

Nevermind I did the POPup news Update1.1 and fixed it lol :blink::huh:

• Administrators

I updated and it looks great but I go one error. I use the Popupnews on my sidebar. It show the event in the popupnews but when I click on the new Item I get this.

Warning: call_user_func_array() [function.call-user-func-array]: First argument is expected to be a valid callback, 'PopUpNews::popupnewsitem' was given in /hermes/web06b/b338/pow.llju1/htdocs/core/classes/MainController.class.php  on line 218

any Ideas?

http://forum.phpvms.net/topic/1062-popupnewsmodule/page__view__findpost__p__17155 B)