EVENTBooking BETA 1.3

simpilot

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

hi i have problem adding new event on my site www.vpia.org/virtualairblue/ i am trying to add events from admin panel after adding event it was showing nothing to me on events page and also in admin panel i tried it many times but no luck could any body assist me please on this.......

Regards

• Administrators

hi i have problem adding new event on my site www.vpia.org/virtualairblue/ i am trying to add events from admin panel after adding event it was showing nothing to me on events page and also in admin panel i tried it many times but no luck could any body assist me please on this.......

Regards

Sounds like you did not install the database tables for the module. Have you run the sql file in phpmyAdmin to create the tables? If so, are they there or are they corrupted?

• 2 weeks later...

Why are the tables showing up way too low?

Screenshot attached.

I had the same problem, too. It is caused because the sidebar of the ObseesBlu template is a little oversized. To fix it, go into the events_event.tpl and change the width to 70%.

EDIT: It should be on line 15 in events_event.tpl. Here are the first 18 lines of that with the changed number on line 15:

1.<?php
2.//simpilotgroup addon module for phpVMS virtual airline system
3.//
4.//simpilotgroup addon modules are licenced under the following license:
5.//Creative Commons Attribution Non-commercial Share Alike (by-nc-sa)
6.//To view full icense text visit http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/3.0/
7.//
8.//@author David Clark (simpilot)
9.//@copyright Copyright (c) 2009-2010, David Clark
10.//@license http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/3.0/
11.?>
13.<h3><?php echo SITE_NAME; ?> Event</h3>
14.<center>
15.         <table border="1px" width="70%" cellpadding="3px">
16.        <?php
17.        if($event->image !='none') { ?>
18.        <tr>

• 1 month later...

you can use -

<?php MainController::Run('Events', 'index'); ?>

Hi Dave,

Quick questions on this is it possible to have it so only the latest event and not past events shows up? and aslo is there a way to limit the amount of events that show up? Reason I'm asking is want to put this in the main page in a tabs panel and would like to limit it to just the current events and there would this enough panel real estate for about 5 events

Thanks

• Administrators

Hi Dave,

Quick questions on this is it possible to have it so only the latest event and not past events shows up? and aslo is there a way to limit the amount of events that show up? Reason I'm asking is want to put this in the main page in a tabs panel and would like to limit it to just the current events and there would this enough panel real estate for about 5 events

Thanks

You can take the past event section out of the index template, actually you can edit that template to whatever you would like it to be. As far as limiting the number of event call backs you could change the database requests and add some parameters to you function within the module

Module index function could be changed to

public function index($howmany)
   {
       $this->set('events', EventsData::get_upcoming_events($howmany));
       $this->show('events/events_index.tpl');
   }

and in the data class you could change the get_upcoming events function to

public function get_upcoming_events($howmany)
   {
       $query = "SELECT * FROM events
               WHERE date >= NOW()
               ORDER BY date ASC
               LIMIT $howmany";

return DB::get_results($query);
   }

Then you should be able to call

MainController::Run('events', 'index(how many you want)')

and get the numkber of returns you want. I removed the past events past out of the datacall for the index so if you do not remove it from the template you will get an undefined variable error. You canmak the same type of modifications to the past events portion as well.

Untested so you may have to adjust the code some.

Hello,

I tried installing it but I'm having a doubt, when I create a table in an error like this :huh: :

#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'SET SQL_MODE="NO_AUTO_VALUE_ON_ZERO"'

-- --------------------------------------------------------' at line 10 

SimPilot can help me, thanks for listening.

Kairon

• 4 weeks later...

You know fellas, I installed this long ago and got it working but never used it. Tonight I started messing with it and it works great.

However, I still think it would be cool for the event image to show up on the news page either via the front page on the website or on the popup news module. Could this be an option? I know someone before said they didn't like the idea of it doing that, but I think it would be cool for advertising promos and such by each hub manager. Something along those lines. As many other said, some things are left to be an option and maybe this could be an option?

OR if anyone knows a hack to add the image to the news post, let me know. I got a good idea of what to do, I just am being lazy tonight and have not searched the files yet. :blink:

Also, when I put my description in and hit enter to add a break in a paragraph, I get no break in the paragraph and end up with a rnrn between the period and the start of a new sentence.

What I take from your post tav1702, is when you post an event it posts a news item. It already does that. 1.3 does anyway. Maybe the older version didn't. But when you create an event there is a check box that says post to news, and it will make a post in the news for you.

• Administrators

I will put it on the hit list for the next version. It would just be a matter of adding an image tag with the address to the news post, the info is already there. I just need to try and remember why I did not do it...... guess I am getting old.

I will put it on the hit list for the next version. It would just be a matter of adding an image tag with the address to the news post, the info is already there. I just need to try and remember why I did not do it...... guess I am getting old.

I have installed the events mod but when i creat a new event it never shows up in the list?

And where do the pilot book their flights when they do the event?

Thanks,

James

• Administrators

I have installed the events mod but when i creat a new event it never shows up in the list?

And where do the pilot book their flights when they do the event?

Thanks,

James

Have you imported the sql tables? If so, after you create an event does the data show up in the tables? When pilots go to the events link and are logged in they will have the option to signup for a time slot for the event unless they are already signed up, then they will have an option to remove their signup.

Have you imported the sql tables? If so, after you create an event does the data show up in the tables? When pilots go to the events link and are logged in they will have the option to signup for a time slot for the event unless they are already signed up, then they will have an option to remove their signup.

I know this is a stupid question, but what do i upload to the sql database? :S

thanks, james

What I take from your post tav1702, is when you post an event it posts a news item. It already does that. 1.3 does anyway. Maybe the older version didn't. But when you create an event there is a check box that says post to news, and it will make a post in the news for you. It does not post an image.

You are correct it does add a news item to the home page. I was thinking maybe if an image is an option that would be cool, maybe not. I would probably change my opinion if I had loads of hub managers and atc posting events. Then the home page might look a bit crappy with tons of thumbnails upon further review. Sometimes ideas look better on paper than in action. ;)

If that be the case, maybe a more info link from the news post that would take a person directly to the event listing? Would that be easier then adding an option to add an image to a news post? That would do away with extra admin side crap as well I believe.

• Moderators

hey dave just installed the events module run all the sql files

but when adding an event its not creating the event i fill in all the data hit the create event then it goes bach to the main events page and its empty and nothing is showing in the database

• Administrators

I know you have multiple va's running, do you have the sql tables in the right database maybe? Are there any errors in the error log from phpvms? If the error is specific to the event admin module there will an error log in that folder as well.

There is a sql file included in the download that needs to be imported to your database using phpmyadmin or similar.

When i try to upload the .sql file to the the sql tables? when I upload the sql tables, it says something lie this: 1046 - No database selected, How to I select a database?

• Administrators

You need to pick your phpvms database from the column on the left, when you click on it a listing of all the tables in that database will come up in the main screen. From there you need to use the import option from the menu across the top of that listing.