No access to Admin Panel

RVF147

• Administrators
39 minutes ago, RVF147 said:

yeah i just lowered it to 7.2 and the deprecated is gone. I have very little knowledge into php so ill just play around with it until i get it or someone throws up a 7.3 version of the modules and skin. Who knows we might get lucky and figure it out lol. I cant tell you how happy i am that you worked with me on this solution!!! 

You shouldn't hold your breath waiting for someone else to update your skin and your modules to work with PHP 7.3. You might see a Simpilot derived version of phpVMS 5.5.2 that will work in PHP 7.3 - but the skin and modules probably not.

It took me many hours to get the Simpilot version working with PHP 7.2 - and lots of searching on Google and a boat load of reading to find things to try to resolve the issues I was seeing. After I had the base program working, it took a lot more hours to adapt my skin and get all my modules working with it. There was a bunch of stumbling along the way too.

As for your admin issue - honestly, what worked was a WAG on my part. It made sense to me, but I really had NO idea if it would be successful. Glad it helped!

1 minute ago, ProAvia said:

You shouldn't hold your breath waiting for someone else to update your skin and your modules to work with PHP 7.3. You might see a Simpilot derived version of phpVMS 5.5.2 that will work in PHP 7.3 - but the skin and modules probably not.

It took me many hours to get the Simpilot version working with PHP 7.2 - and lots of searching on Google and a boat load of reading to find things to try to resolve the issues I was seeing. After I had the base program working, it took a lot more hours to adapt my skin and get all my modules working with it. There was a bunch of stumbling along the way too.

As for your admin issue - honestly, what worked was a WAG on my part. It made sense to me, but I really had NO idea if it would be successful. Glad it helped!

Yeah i just took the oceanblue v2 skin and changed the coloring...maybe added a few other easy lines of code from basic php knowledge....but who knows....maybe google might help me stumble across some fixes as well. Not knowing a whole lot about php really makes me want to dive deeper into it just to resolve these issues. Just gotta find the time to learn php then explore phpvms a little more as well. 

• Administrators
15 minutes ago, RVF147 said:

<td><font color="053077"><?php echo count(ACARSData::GetACARSData());?></td></font>

Not sure if this will work...

<td><font color="053077">
<?php
    if(is_array(ACARSData::GetACARSData()) || ACARSData::GetACARSData() instanceof Countable) {
        echo count(ACARSData::GetACARSData()
    }
?>
</font></td>

Revert what I initially posted..... yours started on line 194 I think

Edited by ProAvia

• Administrators
9 minutes ago, RVF147 said:

Yeah i just took the oceanblue v2 skin and changed the coloring...maybe added a few other easy lines of code from basic php knowledge....but who knows....maybe google might help me stumble across some fixes as well. Not knowing a whole lot about php really makes me want to dive deeper into it just to resolve these issues. Just gotta find the time to learn php then explore phpvms a little more as well. 

That's where I was back in March - now I know just enough to be dangerous. LOL

I found if I did a copy/paste of the base error, Google usually found something that worked... so, in the error

Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home2/ravnalas/public_html/Crew/lib/skins/ocean_blue/frontpage_main.php on line 112

I searched for

Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Good luck in your searching.... you will learn a lot

Edited by ProAvia