Update problem.

CrashGordon

There may have been a coonectivity problem when I uploaded the new files. I ran the updater and didn't not see anything surprising, until I looked at the site. Now I'm seeing this:

Warning: file_get_contents(/*******/*******/public_html/phpvms/core/version) [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /*******/*******/public_html/phpvms/core/app.config.php on line 297

Help.

• Administrators

There may have been a coonectivity problem when I uploaded the new files. I ran the updater and didn't not see anything surprising, until I looked at the site. Now I'm seeing this:

Warning: file_get_contents(/*******/*******/public_html/phpvms/core/version) [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /*******/*******/public_html/phpvms/core/app.config.php on line 297

Help.

Does that file exist? public_html/phpvms/core/version

Make sure everything is uploaded

• Administrators

I found that it wasn't. That is cured, but now....

Fatal error: Call to undefined method CodonRewrite::AddRule() in /*****/*****/public_html/phpvms/core/modules/RouteMap/RouteMap.php on line 8

I guess I'm making progress. I've gone from a warning to a fatal error.biggrin.gif

Haha.. progress is good. Update the RouteMap module, or, that line there's an error on, remove that.

It isn't the only problem. From tha admin page, I can view the pilots and their pireps, but when I try to view the fleet, it says there are no aircraft. The same with schedules.

When I fry to view espense reports, I get:

Fatal error: Call to undefined method FinanceData::GetRangeBalanceData() in /*****/*****/public_html/phpvms/admin/modules/Finance/Finance.php on line 81

I suspect something didn't get uploaded and may have to do the whole thing again,

• Administrators

It isn't the only problem. From tha admin page, I can view the pilots and their pireps, but when I try to view the fleet, it says there are no aircraft. The same with schedules.

When I fry to view espense reports, I get:

Fatal error: Call to undefined method FinanceData::GetRangeBalanceData() in /*****/*****/public_html/phpvms/admin/modules/Finance/Finance.php on line 81

I suspect something didn't get uploaded and may have to do the whole thing again,

That's what it seems like, there's no getRangeBalanceData anymore. install/checkinstall.php is a place to start

Oh yes.ohmy.gifblink.gif

Checking PHP version

[OK] PHP version is 5.2.x

Checking connectivity...

[OK] Can contact outside servers

Checking for SimpleXML module...

[OK] SimpleXML module exists!

Checking file hashes for corrupt or mismatched files

[Checksum failed] /install/templates/s2_site_setup.tpl did not match, possibly corrupt or out of date

[Checksum failed] /install/update.sql did not match, possibly corrupt or out of date

[Checksum failed] /core/modules/Schedules/Schedules.php did not match, possibly corrupt or out of date

[Checksum failed] /core/modules/XML/XML.php did not match, possibly corrupt or out of date

[Checksum failed] /core/modules/Profile/Profile.php did not match, possibly corrupt or out of date

[Checksum failed] /core/modules/Downloads/Downloads.php did not match, possibly corrupt or out of date

[Checksum failed] /core/modules/kACARS_Free/kACARS_Free.php did not match, possibly corrupt or out of date

[Checksum failed] /core/modules/ACARS/fspax.php did not match, possibly corrupt or out of date

[Checksum failed] /core/modules/ACARS/xacars.php did not match, possibly corrupt or out of date

[Checksum failed] /core/modules/PIREPS/PIREPS.php did not match, possibly corrupt or out of date

[Checksum failed] /core/modules/Pages/Pages.php did not match, possibly corrupt or out of date

[Checksum failed] /core/modules/RouteMap/RouteMap.php did not match, possibly corrupt or out of date

[Error] ../admin/maintenance.php doesn't exist

[Checksum failed] /admin/templates/sidebar_dashboard.tpl did not match, possibly corrupt or out of date

[Checksum failed] /admin/templates/ops_airlineslist.tpl did not match, possibly corrupt or out of date

[Checksum failed] /admin/templates/export_form.tpl did not match, possibly corrupt or out of date

[Checksum failed] /admin/templates/pilots_detailtabs.tpl did not match, possibly corrupt or out of date

[Checksum failed] /admin/templates/groups_grouplist.tpl did not match, possibly corrupt or out of date

[Checksum failed] /admin/templates/downloads_overview.tpl did not match, possibly corrupt or out of date

[Checksum failed] /admin/templates/finance_expenseform.tpl did not match, possibly corrupt or out of date

[Checksum failed] /admin/templates/finance_header.tpl did not match, possibly corrupt or out of date

[Checksum failed] /admin/templates/ops_airlineform.tpl did not match, possibly corrupt or out of date

[Checksum failed] /admin/templates/logs_index.tpl did not match, possibly corrupt or out of date

[Checksum failed] /admin/templates/ops_aircraftlist.tpl did not match, possibly corrupt or out of date

[Checksum failed] /admin/templates/settings_addcustomfield.tpl did not match, possibly corrupt or out of date

[Checksum failed] /admin/templates/ops_schedules.tpl did not match, possibly corrupt or out of date

[Checksum failed] /admin/templates/vacentral_index.tpl did not match, possibly corrupt or out of date

[Checksum failed] /admin/templates/pilots_viewallbids.tpl did not match, possibly corrupt or out of date

[Checksum failed] /admin/templates/ops_scheduleform.tpl did not match, possibly corrupt or out of date

[Checksum failed] /admin/templates/core_navigation.tpl did not match, possibly corrupt or out of date

[Checksum failed] /admin/templates/finance_balancesheet.tpl did not match, possibly corrupt or out of date

[Checksum failed] /admin/templates/pilots_awards.tpl did not match, possibly corrupt or out of date

[Error] ../admin/templates/maintenance_changepilotid.tpl doesn't exist

[Checksum failed] /admin/templates/reports_aircraft.tpl did not match, possibly corrupt or out of date

[Checksum failed] /admin/templates/sidebar_ranks.tpl did not match, possibly corrupt or out of date

[Checksum failed] /admin/templates/finance_expenselist.tpl did not match, possibly corrupt or out of date

[Checksum failed] /admin/templates/settings_mainform.tpl did not match, possibly corrupt or out of date

[Checksum failed] /admin/templates/pireps_filter.tpl did not match, possibly corrupt or out of date

[Checksum failed] /admin/templates/downloads_downloadform.tpl did not match, possibly corrupt or out of date

[Checksum failed] /admin/lib/phpvmsadmin.js did not match, possibly corrupt or out of date

[Checksum failed] /admin/modules/Finance/Finance.php did not match, possibly corrupt or out of date

[Checksum failed] /admin/modules/PilotAdmin/PilotAdmin.php did not match, possibly corrupt or out of date

[Checksum failed] /admin/modules/Downloads/Downloads.php did not match, possibly corrupt or out of date

[Checksum failed] /admin/modules/SiteCMS/SiteCMS.php did not match, possibly corrupt or out of date

[Checksum failed] /admin/modules/Import/Import.php did not match, possibly corrupt or out of date

[Checksum failed] /admin/modules/Maintenance/Maintenance.php did not match, possibly corrupt or out of date

[Checksum failed] /admin/modules/PIREPAdmin/PIREPAdmin.php did not match, possibly corrupt or out of date

[Error] ../lib/js/jquery.colorbox.js doesn't exist

[Checksum failed] /lib/js/acarsmap.js did not match, possibly corrupt or out of date

[Error] ../lib/js/jquery.colorbox-min.js doesn't exist

[Error] ../lib/js/jqgrid/js/i18n/grid.locale-fi.js doesn't exist

[Error] ../lib/js/jqgrid/js/i18n/grid.locale-sv.js doesn't exist

[Error] ../lib/js/jqgrid/js/i18n/grid.locale-cat.js doesn't exist

[Error] ../lib/js/jqgrid/js/i18n/grid.locale-nl.js doesn't exist

[Error] ../lib/js/jqgrid/js/i18n/grid.locale-pl.js doesn't exist

[Error] ../lib/js/jqgrid/js/i18n/grid.locale-sp.js doesn't exist

[Error] ../lib/js/jqgrid/js/i18n/grid.locale-he.js doesn't exist

[Error] ../lib/js/jqgrid/js/i18n/grid.locale-ro.js doesn't exist

[Error] ../lib/js/jqgrid/js/i18n/grid.locale-it.js doesn't exist

[Error] ../lib/js/jqgrid/js/i18n/grid.locale-el.js doesn't exist

[Error] ../lib/js/jqgrid/js/i18n/grid.locale-fr.js doesn't exist

[Error] ../lib/js/jqgrid/js/i18n/grid.locale-tr.js doesn't exist

[Error] ../lib/js/jqgrid/js/i18n/grid.locale-ru.js doesn't exist

[Error] ../lib/js/jqgrid/js/i18n/grid.locale-bg.js doesn't exist

[Error] /lib/js/jquery.form.js doesn't exist

-- Checked 182 files, found 65 errors

EDIT:

After whittling that down to 30 errors, I discovered it was no longer the "current" version. After about 5 minutes of bad language, I downloaded the latest and started all over. Still having connectivity problems (don't know which end it is on), so it took over an hour to insure everything was uploaded. I get this:

Checking PHP version

[OK] PHP version is 5.2.x

Checking connectivity...

[OK] Can contact outside servers

Checking for SimpleXML module...

[OK] SimpleXML module exists!

[Error] /lib/js/jquery.form.js doesn't exist

-- Checked 182 files, found 1 errors

The thing is that I checked the server and the file is there.

The only functional problem I can see now is that in the admin section, add or edit fleet, it says I have no fleet entries, even though in the manual pirep, the entire fleet appears in the dropdown menu.

Finally, by adding a new aircraft to the fleet, the whole fleet now appears on the admin fleet page.

One minor glitch I found is that when adding an airport, if something is missing, but you don't want to continue, there is no way to get the popup to disappear.

One item I, personally find extremely annoying. When doing an update, there is no reason to replace the background image for the pilot sigs. angry.gif

Now, I face a choice...find the image I had and upload it again or get some sleep which I need. I am not going to allow the wrong image to appear on every forum I ever posted on.

• Administrators

Finally, by adding a new aircraft to the fleet, the whole fleet now appears on the admin fleet page.

One minor glitch I found is that when adding an airport, if something is missing, but you don't want to continue, there is no way to get the popup to disappear.

One item I, personally find extremely annoying. When doing an update, there is no reason to replace the background image for the pilot sigs. angry.gif

Now, I face a choice...find the image I had and upload it again or get some sleep which I need. I am not going to allow the wrong image to appear on every forum I ever posted on.

Sorry about that! I'll add a step in my release process to delete that file.

The fleet seems like a caching issue. Is the core/cache folder set to 777? The airport thing is strange. Seems like I'll have another update tonight

Edit Strange, the signatures should be deleted out of the update file, seems like that wasn't working. Doh

Sorry about that! I'll add a step in my release process to delete that file.

The fleet seems like a caching issue. Is the core/cache folder set to 777? The airport thing is strange. Seems like I'll have another update tonight

Edit Strange, the signatures should be deleted out of the update file, seems like that wasn't working. Doh

Or there are ghosts in the machine. I've calmed down since last night. The graphic that got overwritten was backed up on an external drive that died this past weekend. So there I was at nearly 1:00 AM editing a new one, while muttering nasties.

Cancel the airport problem. I just checked it this morning and it works fine, now. rolleyes.gif I'm beginning to get suspicious of the server I'm using. Last night, after I changed background.png and could see the results on this and another forum, but in the pilot center, view badge, the default one still appeared. That, I suspect is a browser cache problem

• Administrators

Or there are ghosts in the machine. I've calmed down since last night. The graphic that got overwritten was backed up on an external drive that died this past weekend. So there I was at nearly 1:00 AM editing a new one, while muttering nasties.

Cancel the airport problem. I just checked it this morning and it works fine, now. rolleyes.gif I'm beginning to get suspicious of the server I'm using. Last night, after I changed background.png and could see the results on this and another forum, but in the pilot center, view badge, the default one still appeared. That, I suspect is a browser cache problem

Really? I'm having issues with the airport thing on the dev copy. Which is strange.

I fixed the problem with the background.png now, I remember before having taken care of that, but I guess it wasn't done...

• Administrators

While you're at it, take a look at the financial report graph. Mine is showing only revenue, but expenses and fuel costs are at zero. Of course, that may be something I did wrong.rolleyes.gif

Do you have an expenselog table? What's in it?

Also what are you viewing, monthly, yearly? Which month?

Do you have an expenselog table? What's in it?

Also what are you viewing, monthly, yearly? Which month?

I kid you not. I just logged on and took a look. Surprise...now it is working. I've always suspected my server didn't like me.rolleyes.gif Or maybe the maintenance cron job that ran last night, actually fixed something I was unaware of. Sorry for the noise.

• Administrators

I kid you not. I just logged on and took a look. Surprise...now it is working. I've always suspected my server didn't like me.rolleyes.gif Or maybe the maintenance cron job that ran last night, actually fixed something I was unaware of. Sorry for the noise.

Ah the cron running probably is what did it. I'll add a note to run it manually by hand once to ensure the data is populated right away at least

I could have lived with the glitches in 2.1.927, but no, I had to do it all again.

Now, no matter how many times I upload these files, I get this.

[Checksum failed] /core/common/OperationsData.class.php did not match, possibly corrupt or out of date

[Checksum failed] /core/templates/pilots_list.tpl did not match, possibly corrupt or out of date

[Checksum failed] /core/classes/ezdb/ezdb_base.class.php did not match, possibly corrupt or out of date

[Checksum failed] /core/modules/kACARS_Free/kACARS_Free.php did not match, possibly corrupt or out of date

Although I haven't had time to check everything, most things seem to be working.

Oh, it still displays this message.

Version 2.1.928 is available for download! Please update ASAP

• Administrators

Open the core/version file, what does that say?

The other files... try using a different FTP client. Are you using Filezille? I've always had bad luck with that. Some clients won't really re-upload the file if it sees the file is there already, or it doesn't overwrite it properly.

I use WinSCP and transfer using SCP or SFTP - those ensure that files are transferred across the line with integrity intact (by nature of the protocol), unlike FTP which just throws it over not caring if anything gets mangled in the process. The checkinstall.php is just a place to get started from (like in your case most of those errors went away), but if things are working right and it still shows errors, I wouldn't go crazy over it