Adding new Airports

drury211

Hi all,

I have noticed that the add new airports fix has stopped working again. I’m wondering how to go about creating my own database people can query to make to function again?

ive tried to install on the airports on a new instance of PHPVMS and populated the airport database with all 56000 airports but I am struggling to get my live phpvms site communicate with that database.

thank you in advance 

Scott

• Administrators

Hi Scott, what do you mean by it's stopped working? 56k airports is way too many... I'd suggest adding only the ones you have routes to. That table is used heavily, so having to filter through and query through that many airports is going to bring any site to its knees very quickly.

35 minutes ago, Nabeel said:

Hi Scott, what do you mean by it's stopped working? 56k airports is way too many... I'd suggest adding only the ones you have routes to. That table is used heavily, so having to filter through and query through that many airports is going to bring any site to its knees very quickly.

Hi Nabel,

Im having issues with the Add Airport function in the admin section.

I was using a fix that I found on the forum but it appears the website that was hosting it is no longer available.

Any help would be great!

scott