need help with installing

ArielSuchowski

Warning: fopen(D:\Hosting\7868531\html\iaf/core\local.config.php) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in D:\Hosting\7868531\html\iaf\install\includes\Installer.class.php on line 120

I get this when i try and install phpvms. I tried changing the premission of the file to 644 but i had no luck.. i get a error: Server sent unsorted certificate chain in violation of the TLS specifications

What do i do?

• Administrators

Do you mean phpVMS 5.5.2?

Look in control panel to see what version of PHP you are using with GoDaddy. Some phpVMS versions will not work with certain versions of PHP.

Download a new copy of phpVMS and upload to your site. Start with a new database and set permissions to allow all options for the designated DB user - folders to 755, files to 644.

It looks like the installer is unable to write to the local.config.php file. That file is created on installation and holds all the DB access and phpVMS config info.

fopen is in the php.ini file of the Server, to change this is "Extreme" unless you know what your doing. The Stream needs to be opened through fopen in the PHP.INI File of the Server itself, using GoDaddy I doubt very very much you'll have access to this file, unless your paying a Normal Hosting Package through them. You will need to go to if you have access to it, CGI Scripting through the Server Control Panel cPanel of your Host. There is Nothing wrong with the install, its the "fopen" command line in the php.ini file. If you can get there, go directly to PHP Scripting, from there you will find the file. php.ini. I would highly recommend that you get someone advanced for this. Changing anything in the wrong area of your php.ini file will result in some serious issues. There are Two main things that are required for PHPVMS to work properly on certain Domains, by default the first is the register_globals = on .........this needs to be changed to off period. (see first example);

; Whether or not to register the EGPCS variables as global variables.  You may
; want to turn this off if you don't want to clutter your scripts' global scope
; with user data.
; You should do your best to write your scripts so that they do not require
; register_globals to be on;  Using form variables as globals can easily lead
; to possible security problems, if the code is not very well thought of.
; "http://php.net/register-globals"  (remove quotes of course).
register_globals = Off  <--- must be off

The Second issue that your having is this, the Fopen Wrappers, this one is important, and a lot of Hosts are leaving unwanted defaults in the php.ini file for some strange reason......without changing this you will get exactly the errors you have listed above, see the second example of the php.ini file running on my server;

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
; Fopen wrappers ;
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

; Whether to allow the treatment of URLs (like http:// or ftp://) as files.
; http://php.net/allow-url-fopen
allow_url_fopen = On  <--- Must be On !! Default is Off.

Anything of course in Semi-Colan ; is a Remark and ignored by the Server..........

PLEASE Don't mess with this if you have No clue, don't say I didn't warn you.........I'm sure someone out there can help you with this, hope this helps you for Info.