phpVMS 5.5.2.72 (phpVMS 5.5.2 updated for PHP 7.2)

ProAvia

On 1/19/2020 at 6:06 PM, ProAvia said:

phpVMS 5.5.2.72 will not work correctly with PHP version greater than 7.2 at this time - as stated in the readme. If you choose to use it with PHP versions greater than 7.2, I can not provide support and you basically become a test pilot.

as in a other topic mentioned i tried a second isntance with PHP Version 7.2 and that changed everything.. Don't know if you can use thgis information for further development. Anyways thank you for your Support and effort with this 😉

• Administrators
9 hours ago, Tummi said:

as in a other topic mentioned i tried a second isntance with PHP Version 7.2 and that changed everything.. Don't know if you can use thgis information for further development. Anyways thank you for your Support and effort with this 😉

Glad you got it working. I may look at it in the spring - after I get caught up on a few other projects.

• 2 months later...

We are using phpvms 2 (latest official one with tpl files), but ported it over to php 5.6 and it's working fine. I want to switch over to php 7.0 for secuirty reasons, but I think none of my modules will work.

I've made an test installation and it's a hard work to rebuild every module.

• Administrators
8 hours ago, CedGauche said:

We are using phpvms 2 (latest official one with tpl files), but ported it over to php 5.6 and it's working fine. I want to switch over to php 7.0 for secuirty reasons, but I think none of my modules will work.

I've made an test installation and it's a hard work to rebuild every module.

Going from phpVMS v2 to either 5.5.2 or 5.5.2.72 is a big step. Many of your modules will need editing or will not work at all. Also, the database has additional tables and fields within the existing tables. While many of us moved from v2 to v5.5.2 several years ago, it is not for the faint of heart. Lots of things will break and need fixing.

What security reasons do you think warrant the need to move from PHP 5.6 to PHP 7.0? Why move to PHP 7.0? PHP versions PHP 5.4, PHP 5.6, PHP 7.0, and PHP 7.1 are deprecated. If you move, why not move to 7.2? Just because a PHP version is deprecated doesn't mean a phpVMS install can't be run on it. There are many phpVMS sites still running on PHP 5.6 without issue.

Is your host forcing you to a newer PHP version?

Why not wait for phpVMS v7 to be released and move to it at that time? Of course, none of your modules or existing skin will work there either.

Have a look through this thread if you are adamant about changing PHP version to 7+

This is version 2 that is compatible with PHP 7. While I personally have not used it, it may be worth a look.

I want to switch my whole server envoriment to php 7.2, because there are some other business projects on the server which are vulnerable with php 5.6, because there will be no secuirty updates anymore. At the moment my va is the only webpage stopping my switching to 7.2.

I am able to migrate the va to another server with one instance and php 5.6, but this could be wasted time, when I am able to port over the page to 7.2.

The link from phovms lecgacy with 7.0 support seems to be down ;(

• Administrators

Can you set PHP versions on a directory by directory basis? Many hosts provide this ability. Then you can have 7+ on some directories while keeping phpVMS on 5.6. If unsure if this is possible on your hosting, contact your host for guidance.

If you are going to change from v2 to v5.5.2.72, I suggest you install a fresh copy. Then install you skin and modules - one by one - and correct any issues with them. Once the new install is working without error, make a backup of your present database and convert that backup to include ALL of the v5.5.2.72 additions/changes. Finally, use this newly converted database in the new install of 5.5.2.72. Don't forget to have PHP error logging enabled so you can find/fix all the errors.

As for any changes that need to be made to existing skins or modules, that is beyond the scope of this thread - and no support can be provided here as there are too many variables in skins and modules.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know if it's just me (because Visual Studio does some crazy things), but in some common files, this happens:

RanksData.class.php

P62mBQF.png

CronData.class.php

5j2uAs9.png

I don't know if it's a Visual Studio error, because if I use any of the functions above, they don't work, because they're in orange (I don't remember the name of this, like string... 🤔

I already deleted the file and create new one, but all the same...

• Administrators

I couldn't tell you if its a Visual Studio issue or not as I don't use it. Are you getting any errors in the error_log file or in the Chrome browser console?

What exact file did you delete and create anew?

Have you in any way edited the original downloaded files?

1 hour ago, ProAvia said:

I couldn't tell you if its a Visual Studio issue or not as I don't use it. Are you getting any errors in the error_log file or in the Chro e browser console?

May I ask which editor do you use? I like to discover more programs haha, sorry for the question.

I'm using XAMPP, so I have two errors log.

In my XAMPP log:

PHP Parse error:  syntax error, unexpected '' . $rank .' (T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING) in C:\\xampp\\htdocs\\phpvms\\core\\common\\RanksData.class.php

In core/logs:

Backtrace: DB::write_debug > DB::get_row > RanksData::getNextRank > include > TemplateSet->getTemplate > TemplateSet->showTemplate > Template::show > include > TemplateSet->getTemplate > TemplateSet->showTemplate
Query: SELECT * FROM phpvms_ranks WHERE minhours> ORDER BY minhours ASC LIMIT 1
Error: (1064) - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near 'ORDER BY minhours ASC LIMIT 1' at line 2

What exact file did you delete and create anew?

I deleted RanksData.class.php, created it again and added the code (original, which was on github) again.

Have you in any way edited the original downloaded files?

None of the common files.

EDIT: I installed phpVMS again, completely original, without editing anything, and it continues with the error.

PHP Version: 7.2.19

Apache: 2.4.39

MySQL: I don't know where to see in XAMPP

Edited by CarlosEduardo2409

• Administrators

I used Notepad++

It appears you are using MariaDB - if it is any version other than 10.1, you will probably experience issues. Change to MariaDB 10.1 or to MySQL 5.6 or 5.7.

If you deleted the original RanksData.class and created your own - you are on your own. What was the purpose of deleting the original? What did you change in the one you "created"?

It appears that RanksData.class was not changed for version 5.5.2.72 - it is the same as the original in 5.5.2 (simpilot version).

• Thanks 1

I used Notepad++

Ohhh, thanks!

If you deleted the original RanksData.class and created your own - you are on your own. What was the purpose of deleting the original? What did you change in the one you "created"?

I didn't create my own, I just deleted it and created it again, with the original code. Just to see if I hadn't inserted something without realizing it, that could give the error.

It appears you are using MariaDB - if it is any version other than 10.1, you will probably experience issues. Change to MariaDB 10.1 or to MySQL 5.6 or 5.7.

Apparently it is working now! You were right, I was with MariaDB, I already upgraded to MySQL and reinstalled phpVMS again, all from scratch and it's working now. 

In my Visual Studio, the file is still the same as that photo, this is probably an error in my Visual Studio, but at least the code is working, that's what matters haha.

So, Avia, thank you so much for your help! ❤️

• Administrators

Glad you got it working. Several users have reported issues with MariaDB 10.2 and 10.3

I can't speak to the issues you saw with Visual Studio - but a simple code editor like Notepad++ seems to work well. There are several other free code editors available also.

• Administrators
17 hours ago, CarlosEduardo2409 said:

I don't know if it's just me (because Visual Studio does some crazy things), but in some common files, this happens:

RanksData.class.php

CronData.class.php

I don't know if it's a Visual Studio error, because if I use any of the functions above, they don't work, because they're in orange (I don't remember the name of this, like string... 🤔

I already deleted the file and create new one, but all the same...

Looks like it's a parser error with the backticks. Maybe post a bug report for Visual Studio Code or whatever the PHP plugin for syntax highlighting is

50 minutes ago, Nabeel said:

Looks like it's a parser error with the backticks. Maybe post a bug report for Visual Studio Code or whatever the PHP plugin for syntax highlighting is

Yes may be. Other errors also appeared in other files, but I knew there was no error in them, what happened was that I had some PHP Intelephense extensions in Visual Studio, and it was because of them that these errors appeared (in this case, this is the extension's function, but the errors appeared because he did not find the other files, e.g. a function in another file and I used it in another file, and there was an error because I did not find that that function it was in the other file). I deleted the extensions and the errors disappeared, but the error with the backticks didn't disappear, which leads me to think that the problem is with Visual Studio itself or my Visual Studio configuration.

• 2 weeks later...

keep getting errors everytime I use kAcars and when I accept the pireps 

heres what I get when I accepted my last pirep

Warning: imagecreatefromstring(): Data is not in a recognized format in /home/luxuryai/public_html/crewcentre/core/common/PilotData.class.php on line 1016

il post what error I get when I next do a flight  which will be tomarrow

Edited by LuxuryCEO

• 3 weeks later...

I apologize if this is an idiot question, but I am neither a programmer or web designer. I have built a database in my Cpanel, but when I run install.php I get the following error on "Check Database Connection":

Error: Access denied for user 'ERA001'@'10.1.2.56' (using password: YES).

I have used a PW in the Cpanel and used the same PW in the install.php.

If I go ahead and click on "Next Step" I get :

Warning: mysqli::__construct(): (HY000/1045): Access denied for user 'ERA001'@'10.1.2.56' (using password: YES) in /home/u361975058/public_html/phpvms/core/classes/ezdb/ezdb_mysqli.class.php on line 101
Fatal error: Uncaught <blockquote><font face=arial size=2 color=000099><b>Last Error --</b> [<font color=000000><b>Access denied for user 'ERA001'@'10.1.2.56' (using password: YES) (1045)</b></font>]<br />[<font color=000000><b></b></font>]</font><p> </blockquote><hr noshade color=dddddd size=1> thrown in /home/u361975058/public_html/phpvms/core/classes/ezdb/ezdb_mysqli.class.php on line 106

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

• Administrators

Certainly NOT an idiot question.... let's see if we can figure out why this happened.

What PHP version?

What MySQL/MariaDB version?

When you set up the database, did you allow ALL priveleges to the db user?

Does the db user (ERA001) have access to use the database assigned for phpvms use?

Based on your answers, I may have a few more questions. But I may need additional info you may not wish to post on a public forum, so feel free to contact me thru the PM system here.

PHP version=7.0

MySQL version=10.2

ALL permissions enabled

I'm not really clear by what you mean by "Does the db user (ERA001) have access to use the database assigned for phpvms use?". If you are asking whether I am the site owner/admin, the answer is yes.

Feel free to contact me through PM as well. I will be checking a couple of times a day.

14 minutes ago, edakridge said:

PHP version=7.0

MySQL version=10.2

ALL permissions enabled

I'm not really clear by what you mean by "Does the db user (ERA001) have access to use the database assigned for phpvms use?". If you are asking whether I am the site owner/admin, the answer is yes.

Feel free to contact me through PM as well. I will be checking a couple of times a day.

When you created the DB did you add ERA001 to the DB as the user or is it another user. Usually the user is the user of the cpanel account underscore and the name you chose, so it could be something like edakridge_era001, if you d ont add the first bit it can have trouble with it, as it won't recognise it as a user on the db. Which is basically what the error you got is telling you.

Edited by Strider

• 1 month later...

Hello Avia ,

Thanks for the 5.5.2  updated code.  I've been maintaining a site using only the old code. I have only just managed to come across this version.

I had a question regarding the database , I have managed to install your version on a test site, as you mentioned in the readme there can be some errors.

Mainly I wanted to ask , is it possible to migrate the entire old database with the pirep records etc ?   To the database created for the install with your version