ACARS for X-Plane 11!!!

savede

• 2 months later...
  • Administrators
1 hour ago, bbuske said:

Any news or updates on this?

It looks really nice and we are looking for an XP ACARS that is not using FSUIPC.

Cheers

I'm pretty sure there is no ACARS for X-Plane that uses FSUIPC. But there are some that use XPUIPC. There are also other addons that require XPUIPC when used with X-Plane. 

Edited by ProAvia

• Administrators

It may be a while until you see any ACARS for v7 that supports Linux or MAC. In any case, they are going to have to get their data via XPUIPC or their own proprietary plugin.

I was hoping the XPUIPC developer was going to update it again - but his website hasn't changed in quite some time. Hmm - maybe someone can convince Pete Dowson's son to look into XP support. 😁

• Administrators

15 minutes ago, bbuske said:

+1 for the alpha / beta tester.

I would be in!

29 minutes ago, Seb said:

I would like a good ACARS client for macOS / Linux as well...

@Nabeel, any chance you can use alpha/beta testers? 🙂

Depends on what addons you have for P3D/X-Plane; shoot me a message on Discord. I'll get back to you as soon as I can

• Administrators
4 hours ago, bbuske said:

You can use most ACARS software around with X-Plane. Even kACARS or smartCARS, as long as you XPIUPC. Hence my question was if this will be without the requirement of FSUIPC / XPIUPC because XPIUPC is no longer maintained and not running on Linux and Mac systems.

XPUIPC isn't great, there's a lot of data missing, especially since I've been finding a lot of addons are not setting the standard datarefs. I've got a special config file which maps datarefs to what I consider aircraft "features" (e.g, landing lights, nav lights, etc). I'm expanding this same method over to P3D, it makes it easier to support different/new aircraft. Development has been a little slow lately but I think it's about 90% complete. The last 10% takes 90% of the time :)