Help needed

JohanVLC

Hello. 

Is there someone out here who can help me with my website for VFR-club.nl?

I'm no webmaster, but I know some php/html/css.

But I can't figure out the structure of phpvms and laravel for theming and adding pages.

I am looking for someone who can talk me through things with screen-sharing or something like that, to teach me the basics.

You can PM me or invite me on discord: "Johan - PHJBW#0784"

Thanks

• Administrators

phpVMS v7 probably shouldn't be used on a production site just yet. If you are only testing and tweaking, that's fine. Have you refiewed the documentation - http://docs.phpvms.net/concepts

If you intend to run a production site with active pilots using it, I'd suggest you look into using version 5.5.2 (Simpliot version). Version 5.5.2 is well tested and there are loads of skins and modules already available for it. 

Edited by ProAvia

Thanks for your reaction.

I am familiar with version 5.5.2. I had it running for another VA.

For this VA I want to use v7. We don't need ACARS working or something like that.

I just want a nice looking site, where pilots can register and manually fill out pireps.

Our site is up and running already, but I want a nice theme to make the site better looking.

I did read the documents, but still struggling with it.  

• Administrators

The databases have different table names and different table column names - so for right now, I'd say no. 

Rumor is there may be a converter - but no telling if that will come true or not. I hope it does.

As far as tweaking the skin, you would need to probably learn laravel. The file structure of v7 is WAY different from previous versions. You may want to consider using 5.5.2 and one of the freely available crewcenter type skins.

ProAvia,  Thanks for the info. I have tried to install both versions on php 7.1 and on 7.2.

I still get an error:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator at support@one.com to inform them of the time this error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

@moderator: Maybe replace this to phpvms-classic topic