Another flight

asandor

Did the same flight again thinking it was something on my end, but did the exact same thing. Acars show Detected arrived, and shows the gate I parked at, then sends me to a blank file page.

Using the same aircraft as the previous flight, the JARDesign A330.

Here is the laravel log for this flight.

I will try another flight later with a different aircraft to see if it has the same issue.

This flight was a bid flight.

This is what was in the acars.txt file in the main xp directory

ACARS Connect [Version 1.0.0]
Compiled Aug 23 2019 18:39:30
X-Plane Version: 11351
Plugin Manager Version: 301
07:49:06.764| INFO|EXEC|Plugin Enabled, sockets opened
07:49:06.764| INFO|EXEC|Debug Logging Enabled (Verbosity: 4)
08:07:45.352| WARN|EXEC|Cleared UDP Buffer
08:08:43.063| WARN|EXEC|Cleared UDP Buffer
08:09:39.878| WARN|EXEC|Cleared UDP Buffer
08:10:04.214| WARN|EXEC|Cleared UDP Buffer
11:12:25.022| INFO|EXEC|Plugin Disabled, sockets closed

Edited by asandor

• Administrators

If you leave the ACARS program open for a while (possibly a few hours worked for me), can you then file the PIREP?

Are you using the latest phpVMS build? Latest ACARS build?

I had a similar issue with an older build and was able to file after waiting 2+ hours. I don't remember if any pages were blank after arrival though - just not able to file the PIREP right after flight completion.

• Administrators

I just happened to leave mine setting - so sometime between 30 minutes and 2 hours, something must have updated and then at 2 hours I clicked and it submitted.

That may be - I was using the default B737-800 that I imported from FSX. And just a short flight from KIAH to KDAL.

• Administrators

That's good to know - thanks!

Some FSX/P3D aircraft lights are also called by non-standard events also. The only actual ones documented in FSUIPC are the PMDG aircraft - but not sure it's worth the time to program an ACARS to align with them.

So now I've having a different issue. I added a new airport to VA site, and when I go into acars, and try to use that airport as a destination, its telling me the airport ICAO is invalid. I've restarted acars a few times and still nothing. I even rebuild the X-Plane scenery cache in acars.

No error showing up in the acars log.txt file.

But there is an error in the laravel log. Here is that log file

Well, had the same problem on the 2 hour+ flight in the JARDesign A330. Got to Miami, landed, set the brakes and blank page for the Flight Summary page. Will not let me file it. I'll wait a bit and see what happens.

Wonder if the issue is I set the parking brake way to early, Set it at a runway crossing since there was some traffic on the runway.

Maybe its a good idea to manually complete the flight instead of having it complete automatically. Though on the short flight I did, I did the same thing with the parking brake, but it gave me the summary page and let me file the pirep.

Here is the acars log.txt

• Administrators
12 hours ago, asandor said:

Well, had the same problem on the 2 hour+ flight in the JARDesign A330. Got to Miami, landed, set the brakes and blank page for the Flight Summary page. Will not let me file it. I'll wait a bit and see what happens.

Wonder if the issue is I set the parking brake way to early, Set it at a runway crossing since there was some traffic on the runway.

Maybe its a good idea to manually complete the flight instead of having it complete automatically. Though on the short flight I did, I did the same thing with the parking brake, but it gave me the summary page and let me file the pirep.

Here is the acars log.txt

When/where you set the parking brake shouldn't really matter, unless you want it to try to detect the gate. I've seen this happen sometimes. I've been refactoring internally a ton because the way I have the navigation internally is a little wonky and I'm seeing some weird behaviors like this.

I like the idea of having a "complete flight" button instead of trying to do it automatically, an extra click won't matter.

• Administrators
On 9/1/2019 at 2:24 PM, asandor said:

Did the same flight again thinking it was something on my end, but did the exact same thing. Acars show Detected arrived, and shows the gate I parked at, then sends me to a blank file page.

Using the same aircraft as the previous flight, the JARDesign A330.

Here is the laravel log for this flight.

I will try another flight later with a different aircraft to see if it has the same issue.

This flight was a bid flight.

This is what was in the acars.txt file in the main xp directory

ACARS Connect [Version 1.0.0]
Compiled Aug 23 2019 18:39:30
X-Plane Version: 11351
Plugin Manager Version: 301
07:49:06.764| INFO|EXEC|Plugin Enabled, sockets opened
07:49:06.764| INFO|EXEC|Debug Logging Enabled (Verbosity: 4)
08:07:45.352| WARN|EXEC|Cleared UDP Buffer
08:08:43.063| WARN|EXEC|Cleared UDP Buffer
08:09:39.878| WARN|EXEC|Cleared UDP Buffer
08:10:04.214| WARN|EXEC|Cleared UDP Buffer
11:12:25.022| INFO|EXEC|Plugin Disabled, sockets closed

Those "Cleared UDP Buffer" messages are interesting... do you remember seeing a drop in framerates then? That message means that it was taking it some time to process events and it needed to flush what was queued to catch up.

• Administrators
On 9/2/2019 at 4:11 PM, asandor said:

So now I've having a different issue. I added a new airport to VA site, and when I go into acars, and try to use that airport as a destination, its telling me the airport ICAO is invalid. I've restarted acars a few times and still nothing. I even rebuild the X-Plane scenery cache in acars.

No error showing up in the acars log.txt file.

But there is an error in the laravel log. Here is that log file

That Laravel error is unrelated but I fixed it in the latest dev. That error means it can't be found in the scenery lookup. Which airport and is it an addon?

2 hours ago, Nabeel said:

Those "Cleared UDP Buffer" messages are interesting... do you remember seeing a drop in framerates then? That message means that it was taking it some time to process events and it needed to flush what was queued to catch up.

I get frame rate drops now and then when entering areas where I have extended scenery like in the Miami area which has orthos set up around the city, plus the city is payware and so is that airport. So I just assumed that the frame rate drop is when enter that area and it has to load a bunch of stuff.

The only other thing is that I was using the JARDesign A330 and was getting a lot of the Beacon Off/On messages.

Edited by asandor

2 hours ago, Nabeel said:

That Laravel error is unrelated but I fixed it in the latest dev. That error means it can't be found in the scenery lookup. Which airport and is it an addon?

For that log, the 2 airports where KDFW which is a payware airport and KMIA which is another payware airport.

• Administrators
21 hours ago, asandor said:

For that log, the 2 airports where KDFW which is a payware airport and KMIA which is another payware airport.

Can you attach the dat files? I wonder if there's something else that's also in that file format that I'm not parsing correctly.