no acarstool seems to work

aarbee

I did build www.citylink-va.com for my own va, and use a paid version of kacars on it.
The free version works as well.
VLMVA.com did ask my help to build a website and implement some kind of acars.
The website functions, but kacars free, ccftracker are not working at all.
In CCFTracker I get the error: Login error - The Connection to the VA Site has timed out!!.
I got from Free kAcars about the same issue.
I know that I did install the website part of the site, and I wonder what the issue is.
It is not the login, as that works on the site itself.
Can somebody help me on the road? So I can help VLMVA.com?

Thanks ahead,

Rob Bindels

Sorry for not mentioning the versions.

I am trying Kacars free  client 1.0.1.1.
The module  says 1.0.1.1.
I can remember that I even took  the working version from my site and  copied it over to VLM.
PHPVMS version is: Version simpilot 5.5.2.

I just tried kacars free on my Win 8.1 laptop.
And I get:"Connection error" according to the lower right corner.

But if I  try kacars 3.0 (specific made for va-wishes), then can I connect it to citylink-va.com, but if I change the settings to vlmva, then do I get this error in Dutch first (I hope I translate it correct):
The underlaying connection is closed. By sending, there was an abrubt error.
Then at the second ppop-up I get:L
Notify System Administrator of the Switch error.
Data not received
Switch = verify.

According to me, I did copy the free and as a test the full kacars modules to the vlmva

Thanks
RobB

• Administrators

phpVMS 5.5.2 already has the kACARS_Free site module 1.0.1.1 as default. The kACARS_Free client 1.0.1.1 should work fine. Actually, any of the freware clients will work with site module 1.0.1.1 if you allow all versions in the site file or set the actual client version you will require pilots to use in the site file.

I really don't think the section you posted pertaining to "kacars 3.0" will have anything to do with the vlmva issue. I am unaware of "kacars 3.0" - the only payware versions I know of are kACARSI and kACARSII.

I'm not sure about the kACARS payware version you have for your VA, but kACARSII payware version will only work with a specific site URL. It will not connect with vlmva as the underlying URL is different.

Double check that you set up kACARS_Free client correctly - check the VA and user profiles.... that the URL and pilot info is correct to connect to vlmva.

What PHP version is vlmva using?

I was looking at the Client version number.
But indeed, I had bought Kacarsi.
I will check this evening the Kacars Free settings.

Don't I need to change something in a config file? Something tells me that, but I cannot find it.

PHP Version 7.3.9

Thanks again for helping out.
RobB

• Administrators

phpVMS 5.5.2 will not install or run without error under php 7.3 as far as I know. Did you turn error logging off in the local.config.php file? Did you edit phpVMS to work with php 7.3.9?

Have you checked the error_log file for any errors?

phpVMS 5.5.2 will work with php 5 - up to php version 5.6 if I recall. It will shows lots of errors when attempting install in php 7.0 and above.

phpVMS 5.5.2.72 will work with php 7.2 - but shows errors in php 7.3

Please verify what version of phpVMS you are running and what version of php the directory that phpVMS is set for. Also, is error logging on or off?

Checked some versions:

PHP Version7.3.9
mysqlnd 5.0.12-dev - 20150407
Version simpilot 5.5.2

I think that I did setup the site under PHP 7.2.x but I am not sure.

By the way, Citylink has the same version numbers, and there is no issue.
Besides that is vlmva a 1-1 copy of citylink.

- How do I enable error log?

In the admin part I see in the top-row this error:

Warning: Use of undefined constant OBJECT - assumed 'OBJECT' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in D:\www\vlmva.com\www\core\codon.config.php on line 94 Deprecated: define(): Declaration of case-insensitive constants is deprecated in D:\www\vlmva.com\www\core\classes\ezdb\ezdb_base.class.php on line 45 Deprecated: define(): Declaration of case-insensitive constants is deprecated in D:\www\vlmva.com\www\core\classes\ezdb\ezdb_base.class.php on line 46 Deprecated: define(): Declaration of case-insensitive constants is deprecated in D:\www\vlmva.com\www\core\classes\ezdb\ezdb_base.class.php on line 47 Deprecated: The each() function is deprecated. This message will be suppressed on further calls in D:\www\vlmva.com\www\core\classes\Config.class.php on line 108

I am not a developer. Yet I can read some code, but not enough knowledge to change the stuf.

Thanks again,

RobB

• Administrators

Something isn't adding up. Simpilot version - 5.5.2 - doesn't install and function correctly under php 7 or higher from what I remember.

Look in local.config.php around line 14 - there should be 3 Config::Set entries. Those 3 lines provide no personal info and are safe to post here (don't post any of the define('DBASE..... lines as those contain personal info).  List the content of those 3 Config::Set lines.

In the root of phpVMS there should be a file called error_log - errors are logged there. I think webhosts have differing requirements to enable error logging. Many turn error logging on in the php.ini file. Before moving to php 7.2, my host had error logging on. Once they forced us to 7.2 the error logging defaulted to off and I needed to add to the php.ini file to turn it on.

If you have no option to downgrade the php version to php 5.something, consider using phpVMS 5.5.2.72 - pinned at the top of this forum. It will install under php 7.2. Read the readme file first. It won't work under php 7.3 . Version 5.5.2.72 is basically 5.5.2 updated to work with php 7.2 .

Maybe the best bet is to see if other php versions are available first. If you have access to the cPanel for the account, look for MultiPHP Manager to see what versions may be available. Once we know that, we can help out further. Don't be concerned with the Warning, Deprecated, etc messages for right now.

EDIT - did you just copy the Citylink files over to vlmva or did you do a totally fresh install of 5.5.2 to vlmva?

Edited by ProAvia

Let me tell the complete story.

Once there was only citylink, on PHPVMS 2.2/2.1.
Then I moved over to a new host. And they had simular PHP version, but due to their config, a lot did not work.
Then somebody from this forum helped to fix the issues. I think it was  the guy behind phpmods.
Then I  saw that the host was going to upgrade to PHP 7.1.
And I upgraded the version and nothing worked.
The guy of phpmods said something about the Simpilots version, and I installed that over 2.2 and had a lot of added modules renamed to php instead of tpl.
phpmods and crazycreatives helped on the road.
Several PHP updates further  and all still functions.
Especially MSeiwald did a tremendous job, which took him days to have it all fixed.

Then a friend started vlmva. And I could not install phpvms 2.2. Neither 5.5.2.
Then did I copy citylink over to vlm. deleted all the mods I had bought and was busy for a lot of days to get the site going.
Eventually installing 5.5.2 over citylinks version.
Changing the config-file and the site was running.
I did iron out most of the issues, with some advice from phpmods and crazycreatives.
A few issues are still left.
But I never got acars working on this  site.

Config::Set('DEBUG_MODE', true);
Config::Set('DEBUG_LEVEL', 1); // 1 logs query errors, 2 logs all queries
Config::Set('ERROR_LEVEL', E_ALL ^ E_NOTICE);

There is no file in the root calling error-something.

I do not see the option to downgrade. But experience wise, you are not long on a downgraded version.
They patch every month.
They have an own developed control panel, with very few options.

Thank you,

RobB

• Administrators

The error log file is named "error_log" - if it is not present, create the file. It is basically a text file without the ".txt" extension. Then when loading the present site, the errors should log to that file. If they do not, you may have to turn error logging on in the php.ini file.

As for the "Config::Set" lines - the last one sets the error reporting level. Presently it is set to show all errors except Notices. That setting should be fine - as you will want to fix as may errors as you possibly can before taking the site from development to live status. 

Copying over a 5.5.2 install to php 7.2 or greater will produce many Warning, Deprecated, etc type errors. I would suggest trying to install phpVMS 5.5.2.72 and see if you can get it to install successfully. 

Don't just copy the files over from another install - do a fresh install of 5.5.2.72 to a new database. If it does not install to the webhost successfully, maybe install it locally on your machine using Wamp or Xxamp under php 7.2 . Then copy all the files and database from that local install to the webhost and see what errors might present themselves. Of course, moving local install to webhost will require editing of local.config.php file to align with the webhosts names, etc. 

Be aware, many files in 5.5.2.72 were edited to work with php 7.2 - replacing any of the default 5.5.2.72 files may result in site errors. Although, you may have to make some file corrections to accommodate php 7.3  (just do not use any files from prior versions). You may have to do some editing of any addon skins and modules - usually pretty basic fixes though.

It can be done, but its a pain. But sometimes that is your only option.

If you can get phpVMS 5.5.2.72 running in php 7.3 without error, I can try to assist in getting the skins and addon modules fixed.

Thank you the clarification so far.
I will have a meeting with the owner of vlmva and I will get back with what the owner wants.

robB

NB.
I think the drill is:
Backup files and database
Delete files and database
Create new database
download and upload 5.5.2.72
Install it
REstore the database data.
Check everything
Upload and repair the skin files.

Edited by aarbee

• Administrators

As I indicated, there may be an issue installing on php 7.3 . If it won't install on 7.3, install locally on 7.2 using Wamp or Xxamp and then move to the webhost on 7.3. It's possible that there may be a few issues to fix before adding skins and other addons. 

You are in unknown territory here, as I haven't tried on php 7.3. Get the base program working correctly first before adding additions skins or addons.

Edited by ProAvia

I have asked the hosting company wether I can go back to 7.1 or 7.2.
I know I could, a year ago to 5.6.
But they do not support that anymore.
My hosting company is from what I can see, pretty fast in implementing new PHP versions, and making older obsolute on the moment it is not supported anymore.

I is nice from you to make 5.5.72.
Yet I am missing a bit of overview of all PHPVMS versions who does maintain what.
simpilot 5.5.2
and now  5.5.2.72

The rought question would be. And now what? Which version?
Thank you for your clarification, now I understand it.

By the way, I got some php code for the web.config from the host, so I can use PHP 7.2.
But first going to meet with the owner.

• Administrators

phpVMS versions

• 2.1.x - original version - worked with php 4 - no longer in development
  • 2 - legacy support for php 7 - no longer in development
  • 5.5.2 - Simpilot version - works with php 5
  • 5.5.2.72 - Simpilot version updated to work with php 7.2 (possibly 7.0 & 7.1 also)
  • 7.0 - newest version - still in development - probably not good for a production environment for now

I would consider 5.5.2.72 as the host has php 7.2 available. You will have to make some corrections to your skin and addon modules. Many of these corrections will be the same - mostly related to $count changes in php 7.2. I can help point you in the correct direction on most of the errors you might see.

I updated 5.5.2 to 5.5.2.72 because my host forced us from 5.6 to 7.2 back in March of this year. Changing hosts just wasn't an option at that time. I got really lucky with the conversion - with help from members here and a lot of Google searching. After I had it running successfully for a few months, I made it available as an option for anyone using php 7.2.

Version 7.0 is the newest - but skins and addons are still a ways off, as version 7 isn't in general release yet. Older skins and addons probably will need to be fully re-written.