Help with importing schedules

bbuske

Hi,

I got a csv with all out schedules. When I import it, it is being processed and the routes are added normally. I can see no errors. However, afterwards no schedules are showing up and they are not added to the database either. Adding a schedule manually works just fine though.

Any idea what is causing this and how I can fix it?

22 minutes ago, ProAvia said:

Version of phpVMS?

Version of PHP?

Is this a csv you did yourself or did you get it elsewhere? Have you opened the csv with any other programs?

5.5... I think it is. The latest of phpvms5.

I am using PHP 5.6, but I can also use 7.0. The issue remains.

It is a copy I get elsewhere. Whether I open it or not does not change the fact that it imports fine but. I even get a message that the import was successful, but nothing shows up.

I have tried adding aircraft manually which worked. I then exported the csv, deleted the aircraft I added and tried to re-import the same csv I exported before. The same issue. I get a message that the import was successful but nothing shows up.

Cheers

• Administrators

Is it phpVMS 5.5.2 (simpilot version)? https://github.com/DavidJClark/phpvms_5.5.x - this version will work with php 5.6 . On the admin page, look in the lower right corner for the full version number.

Are you saying you got the schedules csv file elsewhere? Where? Are you sure the format is correct? What other programs did you open it with?

In your first post you were talking about import issues with the schedules/routes. In your reply you are talking about aircraft import issues. Let's work on one issue at a time... schedules first. For the schedules, did you check the database directly using phpMyAdmin to see if the data is there? Just because phpVMS says it imports successfully does not mean the data is in the datababse. What is the exact message from phpVMS after importing the schedules csv?

In BOTH cases, we need to know what program you are using to open, create, edit and/or save the csv files. I personally have had issues using MS Excel in MS Office 2003 ... it messes up the csv formatting for some reason.

Are all airports listed in the schedules already in the database?

Edited by ProAvia

Hi,

I am using 5.5.2.

I got the file from airlineschedules.com specificly for phpvms5. I have opened the file with Kate. A text editor for Linux with coding abilities.

One thing though, I stand corrected... If I try to add a schedule manually, it says the schedule has been added successfully but it does not show up in the list. With aircraft the problem is similar but not the same. I had issues, importing the aircraft from the csv file but I was able to add the aircraft manually. I got not only the message that the aircraft was successfully added but it also appears in the database as it should be. With the schedules it does not. It says it has been added successfully but it is not added to the database.

I have downloaded and brand new copy of the csv file without opening it and I still can't add it. Even if I use the schedule template csv, add a route or two to it and import it, it is not working. It does not look like an issue with the csv. The issue must be elsewhere, otherwise using the phpvms template or at least adding a flight manually should be working.

Cheers

• Administrators

Ok, sounds like the schedules.csv file should be fine. I recall having an issue importing schedules, but can't remember what solved the issue. I will look thru my import files tomorrow to see if I documented the fix.

In your php configuration, be sure 'allow_url_fopen' is set to ON. This may be something your host needs to set for you or you may be able to set it in the php.ini file. I believe this is needed to allow remote access of files via ftp.

Nope, its all about the CSV file, and the import Format. Hence several Spreadsheet programs do not format the csv file the right way(without getting into guru stuff). Thus, phpvms will not import the file if its not in the proper Format for a CSV. This has been going on for Years. There are 2 programs that I've found that work well for this for saving in a CSV format, and they are Free.

Kingsoft Office and LibreOffice 6.2, 

Microsoft Office or any related Microsoft spreadsheet such as Excel, will NOT Work with Phpvms. Been there, done it , seen it. Do NOT MESS with the php.ini file, unless you are 100% sure you Know what your doing, you can mess up the entire Server in doing so. It is NOT the Server, (sorry ProAvia), it is the CSV format , period. As mentioned, this has actually happened to me just Today, with my Fleet, so I tried a different Spreadsheet, (LibreOffice), hence the import of the Fleet CSV file was successful. This is a hit or miss, there are many Free Good Spreadsheet programs out there, hope this helps.

• Moderators

Have you tried running install/checkinstall.php ? It might throw up some possibilities why. Also might be worth enabling the error log, trying to enter a schedule (manually) and see what gets written to the error log. It might be worth doing that before attempting all the suggestions here.

The fact that you say you can't even add them manully makes me think it goes further than just an issue with a CSV file. If you want, PM some details and I'll have a closer look into it for you?

23 hours ago, Heritage1 said:

Nope, its all about the CSV file, and the import Format. Hence several Spreadsheet programs do not format the csv file the right way(without getting into guru stuff). Thus, phpvms will not import the file if its not in the proper Format for a CSV. This has been going on for Years. There are 2 programs that I've found that work well for this for saving in a CSV format, and they are Free.

Kingsoft Office and LibreOffice 6.2, 

Microsoft Office or any related Microsoft spreadsheet such as Excel, will NOT Work with Phpvms. Been there, done it , seen it. Do NOT MESS with the php.ini file, unless you are 100% sure you Know what your doing, you can mess up the entire Server in doing so. It is NOT the Server, (sorry ProAvia), it is the CSV format , period. As mentioned, this has actually happened to me just Today, with my Fleet, so I tried a different Spreadsheet, (LibreOffice), hence the import of the Fleet CSV file was successful. This is a hit or miss, there are many Free Good Spreadsheet programs out there, hope this helps.

Thanks for your reply. But I doubt that is the case. 

As I said in one of my replies, it has nothing to do with the CSV files, since I cannot add a schedule manually either. It says the flight has been added, but it is not stored in the database. The same what happens with the CSV. I have the same problem with importing aircraft, but here adding them manually works, hence yes - it has something to do with the CSV. But the routes issue must be a different one, since it does not allow to add schedules manually either.

7 hours ago, shakamonkey88 said:

Have you tried running install/checkinstall.php ? It might throw up some possibilities why. Also might be worth enabling the error log, trying to enter a schedule (manually) and see what gets written to the error log. It might be worth doing that before attempting all the suggestions here.

The fact that you say you can't even add them manully makes me think it goes further than just an issue with a CSV file. If you want, PM some details and I'll have a closer look into it for you?

That is what I was thinking. I don't think I have the error logs enabled but the fact it doesn't allow adding manually either, points to a different issue, not related to the CSV.

PM me with what information you need and I will get you set up.

• Administrators

Be sure to enable error logging. At this stage it needs to be turned on to help identify any issues. After the site is running well, you can disable it again.

I agree - if both manually adding one schedule and importing via CSV isn't working - it probably isn't the CSV formatting.

When you tried manually adding a schedule, were the two airports and the aircraft assigned to that schedule already in the DB?

• Administrators

After a few PM's with the OP, the issue is most likely do to the fact that he is using MariaDB 10.2. That version of MariaDB is not compatible with phpVMS 5.5.2.

We have been discussing alternate options and will update here if a solution is found.