Schedules Discussion

Ither

I'm new to phpVMS and have been working with the guys at iCrew -- I have a lite platform setup to mess around with for now. However, I wanted to get some input from community; I've went through some posts on here and felt you all might have some ideas. I'm setting up a VA for my buddies and I; it's very small/low-key. It's not mimic any real world airline so my plan was to simply buy a couple VA schedules from two American based airliners and mash them together. My question is how are aircraft a factor in schedules in phpVMS? Can 3 people "theoretically" fly the same aircraft at same time on different flights? My idea was that the schedules I purchased were really for the "departure and arrival" piece of it and not the aircraft. My thought would be the aircraft could be 1 of 17 types we have and it can do the actual route (don't fly route that exceeds the aircraft range.) I wasn't thinking I wanted to make 10 different registrations, but if I needed to then I could. I assume if I did that the planes are "virtual" meaning they could be anywhere and flown anyone, only the pilot is persistent in iCrew.

My first thought was to take the schedules I purchased and consolidate them down to unique departure and arrival.Then take the whole list and duplicate it 17 times--one for each aircraft type we have. Dump that into the database; that would essentially give us X number of flight schedules for each aircraft type one would fly. In thinking this through and looking at it on the iCrew lite platform that tells me I would have 1 aircraft registartion for each aircraft type--I assume pilots can fly the same B738 N718WA at same time? I don't think the aircraft is the factor in the actual flight as much as it is schedule. I noticed that I can book flight then when I look at schedules from another demo user the flight I booked on previous account is gone. Once released it's available. So that tells me I may need to even duplicate 17 flight schedules per type more so there are 1-4 flights for each A to B route? Or would that not be good idea. I guess Delta doesn't run 3 flights from KATL to KJAX at same time; so why would I do it.

Appreciate the input/thoughts -- apologize in advance if I didn't search enough.

A lot of VA's just use a single aircraft registration for each type (B737, B747, etc..) So you'll be perfectly fine by doing that. phpVMS does support this. 

Also when you purchase a VA Schedule, that's going to be the case anyways. Besides, I don't think a lot of pilots really care about the registration of the aircraft they're flying. It doesn't bring any added realism except maybe some role-play value. 

Edit: Jim and I replied to your post seconds apart. Read what he wrote - He brings up some good points worth noting.

Edited by magicflyer

Fantastic information @Heritage1 and @magicflyer!

Thank you so much.

I need to purchase my schedules from VA Schedule; judging by what you both wrote it looks like I would essentially need to just create a schedule of flights for each of the 17 aircraft types we have and that should suffice-making sure that my route ID's are never same for any of them. If only there was a way to pick a flight then choose aircraft type. I don't think iCrew Premium does that.