Shared Hosting Issue [SOLVED]

Ither

I was starting with a shared host at Hostinger for dev practice;testing. It seems like php 5.5 or php 5.6 ends up with MariaDB 10.1.38--

Warning: mysqli::mysqli(): Headers and client library minor version mismatch. Headers:50549 Library:100138 in /*/public_html/dev/core/classes/ezdb/ezdb_mysqli.class.php on line 97

If I back down to php 5.3 error goes away and I'm using MySQL 5.1 (think, need to look again).

However, I noticed that when I completed a flight my stats on pilot (verified in db) did not change. Total flight is still 0, total hours is still 0.

My assumption is something in php 5.3 isn't working and I need to get up to 5.5/6?

I've tested with Simpilot's 5.5.x version as well as Nabel v2 Master which I believe is updated to php and supporting 5.6+.

--

Did reach out to Hostinger but my guess is they can't do anything on "shared" setup. Perhaps I need to jump to cloud host or vps?

Edited by Ither

55 minutes ago, ProAvia said:

phpVMS 5.5.2 will work with MariaDB 10.1

I suggest you install under PHP5.6 with MariaDB 10.1

phpVMS 5.5.2 will not install correctly under MariaDB 10.2

The Simpilot version of phpVMS is 5.5.x or 5.5.2 - there is no phpVMS 5.5

I don't get this -- so I originally had phpVMS 5.5.2 from Simpilot github; with anything over php 5.3 it threw error listed above.

I just went to iCrew github (I run iCrew Lite--it threw errors even with Cystal template) and saw they have a fork of Simpilots phpVMS; I just installed that and put my php version to 5.6 with 10.1.38-MariaDB -- errors are gone.

Everything is fine. Maybe I was downloading the wrong Simpilot 5.5.2? Who knows.

• Administrators

Can you provide the link to 5.5.2 you got from iCrew? As far as I know, there is only one official 5.5.2 download on github.

When installing 5.5.2, you must choose MySQLi (Extended) as the database type when using PHP 5.6 and MariaDB 10.1/MySQL 5.6

Maybe your initial download had a corrupt file? The good news is all is fine now.

30 minutes ago, ProAvia said:

Can you provide the link to 5.5.2 you got from iCrew? As far as I know, there is only one official 5.5.2 download on github.

When installing 5.5.2, you must choose MySQLi (Extended) as the database type when using PHP 5.6 and MariaDB 10.1/MySQL 5.6

Maybe your initial download had a corrupt file? The good news is all is fine now.

Disregard; my latest install was with MySQL.

If I install using MySQLI (Extended) I get this error.

Warning: mysqli::mysqli(): Headers and client library minor version mismatch. Headers:50562 Library:100138 in /home/u565345103/domains/walkerair.us/public_html/crew/core/classes/ezdb/ezdb_mysqli.class.php on line 101

Warning: mysqli::mysqli(): Headers and client library minor version mismatch. Headers:50562 Library:100138 in /***/public_html/crew/core/classes/ezdb/ezdb_mysqli.class.php on line 101

Host said I cannot change my install; so I would have to move to VPS to have any control.

Here is phpinfo page to show what server has.

http://walkerair.us/phpinfo.php

Edited by Ither

• Administrators

I am pretty sure that is not a phpVMS issue in and of itself. 

Are you using a new database with this new install or an existing database?

Have you googled - Warning: mysqli::mysqli(): Headers and client library minor version mismatch - yet?

35 minutes ago, ProAvia said:

I am pretty sure that is not a phpVMS issue in and of itself. 

Are you using a new database with this new install or an existing database?

Have you googled - Warning: mysqli::mysqli(): Headers and client library minor version mismatch - yet?

It is a new database; I have no previous data.

I did google and it's leading me to issues with php and mysql api/library versions. Talking to my hosting provider I have no options to interchange between the php/mysql libraries--they're preset by whatever "version" they install. I would need to move to a VPS to have control -- which I am highly considering now because if I open this up to people I would like it to run smoothly.

• Administrators

Have you considered installing locally using Wamp? This way you could test it out using the same php and MariaDB versions your host is using and see if the same error shows. If it doesn't, then something messed up with there install of php and/or MariaDB. In any case, you can tweak phpVMS locally with the skin and modules of your choice to see if it will work for you.

On 12/7/2019 at 10:08 PM, ProAvia said:

Have you considered installing locally using Wamp? This way you could test it out using the same php and MariaDB versions your host is using and see if the same error shows. If it doesn't, then something messed up with there install of php and/or MariaDB. In any case, you can tweak phpVMS locally with the skin and modules of your choice to see if it will work for you.

I ended up getting a VPS; should have from start. I've now got everything running silky smooth.

• ProAvia changed the title to Shared Hosting Issue [SOLVED]