Problems with the Installation of phpVMS v5.5

Qshad

Hi!

I'm having problems with the installation of phpVMS 5.5. As soon as I finish the installation there is this error message:

Deprecated: define(): Declaration of case-insensitive constants is deprecated in /var/www/vhosts/trogrlic.eu/crew.flyly.de/core/classes/ezdb/ezdb_base.class.php on line 45

Deprecated: define(): Declaration of case-insensitive constants is deprecated in /var/www/vhosts/trogrlic.eu/crew.flyly.de/core/classes/ezdb/ezdb_base.class.php on line 46

Deprecated: define(): Declaration of case-insensitive constants is deprecated in /var/www/vhosts/trogrlic.eu/crew.flyly.de/core/classes/ezdb/ezdb_base.class.php on line 47

You can look it up yourself if you need to: https://crew.flyly.de

On line 45-47 there is this:

define('OBJECT','OBJECT', true);
define('ARRAY_A','ARRAY_A', true);
define('ARRAY_N','ARRAY_N', true);

The database is correct, I don't know from where this error comes.

I hope you can help me,

thank you in advance,

Andrej Trogrlic.

• Administrators

First, let's determine exactly which version of phpVMS you are using. There is no version 5.5 - there is version 5.5.2, 5.5.2.72 and version 2.x (incorrectly referred to as version 5). What exact version are you using and where did you download it from?

Second, what version of PHP and MySQL/MariaDB are you using?

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Qshad said:

I'm having problems with the installation of phpVMS 5.5. As soon as I finish the installation there is this error message:

It looks like you're on PHP version 7.2/7.3, if you are able to I suggest changing to PHP 5.6 if possible (and still available from your host). Otherwise, you can try ProAvia's pack here https://github.com/ProAviaAZ/phpvms_5.5.2.72 and see if that works for you.

The reason I say this is because that error

8 hours ago, Qshad said:

Deprecated: define(): Declaration of case-insensitive constants is deprecated

Indicates the deprecation of the define(..,.., TRUE) and case-insensitive names in PHP 7.2^. You could try and change these lines

to this

define('OBJECT','OBJECT');
define('ARRAY_A','ARRAY_A');
define('ARRAY_N','ARRAY_N');

But I would assume that there will be a few more errors within your phpVMS installation and possible database connection issues if your PHP version is high enough.

• Thanks 1

For sure your host is at least php version 7.0, no offense, but stay if possible with 5.6.xx for a php version. Hate to say I told ya all this, but new and the latest is not always the best. Funny, been running 5.3.xx and now 5.6.xx with NoOoooOoo.............problems, wonder why ? LOL.............if ya need help with your host, poke me private of course. One more thing for ya...Do the research , its all on the web, you will find that most peeps are having serious issues with 7.xx and above..........again, if it works then why mess with it ?? I have a saying, and this has worked for over 30 years..........

"KISS".........(keep it simple stupid).......Poke me if ya need me........gonna go fly now..............hehehehehehehe,,,,,TAC-PAC group, in phpvms........"go figure".........

Jim

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, web541 said:

It looks like you're on PHP version 7.2/7.3, if you are able to I suggest changing to PHP 5.6 if possible (and still available from your host). Otherwise, you can try ProAvia's pack here https://github.com/ProAviaAZ/phpvms_5.5.2.72 and see if that works for you.

The reason I say this is because that error

Indicates the deprecation of the define(..,.., TRUE) and case-insensitive names in PHP 7.2^. You could try and change these lines

to this

define('OBJECT','OBJECT');
define('ARRAY_A','ARRAY_A');
define('ARRAY_N','ARRAY_N');

But I would assume that there will be a few more errors within your phpVMS installation and possible database connection issues if your PHP version is high enough.

Well, it worked partly.

The errors are gone but I can't login and/or register.

I think the stylesheets aren't loading too.