REQUEST - Random Itineray Builder (by Jeff)

Hello! I wonder if anyone still has Jeff's module, which was the Random Itineray Builder. For those who do not know, unfortunately Jeff is no longer developing and the site that was the download link also closed, so there is no way I can download it.

Module: Random Itinerary Builder

Created by: Jeffrey Kobus

Topic about the module: 

Any help I am grateful for.

Thanks, Carlos. 😉

Edited by CarlosEduardo2409

• 3 years later...

although this is an old topic it is an interesting add-on that could be enhanced further.

I was thinking to help virtual pilots who say wanted to fly to KSAN from LEPA for example and just like you goto a travel agent they come up with a number flights that you have to make  to complete the journey,  So since this module does a 'RAMDOM" set of connections I am thinking that it would be nice to have a destination airport as an item for the search and then the module searches the schedules to come up with a set  or sets of flights so that you can have say a non-stop flight from your schedules or a flight with 10 stops or connections as they are know, then the limiting factor of 5 , 10 ,15  comes into play that you see if you can complete the journey in less than or equal to the desired number.

• Administrators
9 hours ago, LesJar said:

although this is an old topic it is an interesting add-on that could be enhanced further.

I was thinking to help virtual pilots who say wanted to fly to KSAN from LEPA for example and just like you goto a travel agent they come up with a number flights that you have to make  to complete the journey,  So since this module does a 'RAMDOM" set of connections I am thinking that it would be nice to have a destination airport as an item for the search and then the module searches the schedules to come up with a set  or sets of flights so that you can have say a non-stop flight from your schedules or a flight with 10 stops or connections as they are know, then the limiting factor of 5 , 10 ,15  comes into play that you see if you can complete the journey in less than or equal to the desired number.

If you were to alter this code and make it available to others, you will need to get WRITTEN permission from the original author - and include that written permission with the altered module. The other option is to come up with a totally new module - without using any of the original code.