Install.php fatal error

RhysHutch

Hello everyone,

Tried setting up phpVMS today but it will not work at all. I'm using IONOS 1&1 databases and have managed to get to the database setup page but when i fill the in the details i get this:

Deprecated: define(): Declaration of case-insensitive constants is deprecated in /homepages/20/d813824572/htdocs/phpvms/core/classes/ezdb/ezdb_base.class.php on line 42

Deprecated: define(): Declaration of case-insensitive constants is deprecated in /homepages/20/d813824572/htdocs/phpvms/core/classes/ezdb/ezdb_base.class.php on line 43

Deprecated: define(): Declaration of case-insensitive constants is deprecated in /homepages/20/d813824572/htdocs/phpvms/core/classes/ezdb/ezdb_base.class.php on line 44

Warning: mysqli::__construct(): (HY000/2002): No such file or directory in /homepages/20/d813824572/htdocs/phpvms/core/classes/ezdb/ezdb_mysqli.class.php on line 97

Fatal error: Uncaught <blockquote><font face=arial size=2 color=000099><b>Last Error --</b> [<font color=000000><b>No such file or directory (2002)</b></font>]<br />[<font color=000000><b></b></font>]</font><p> </blockquote><hr noshade color=dddddd size=1> thrown in /homepages/20/d813824572/htdocs/phpvms/core/classes/ezdb/ezdb_mysqli.class.php on line 102

This is my first time trying to use this kind of software so it might be a very obvious error. 

Thanks.

43 minutes ago, RhysHutch said:

Hi,

I'm using the download link for phpVMS 5 and the zip is called phpvms-v2-classic

PHP version is PHP 7.3

MySQL versions is MySQL 5.7.

https://forum.phpvms.net/files/file/6-phpvms-50-classic/

This is the phpVMS classic version, compatible with PHP 5.3+ (it was updated to support PHp 5.3/5.6/7.x). This isn't updated anymore.

5 minutes ago, RhysHutch said:

What version do i need then, i need it to be compatable with TFDi's smartCARS.

You can install the David version (php compatible up to 5.6) https://github.com/DavidJClark/phpvms_5.5.x

Or the version of ProAvia which is compatible up to version 7.2

https://github.com/ProAviaAZ/phpvms_5.5.2.72

With the version of David TFDi's smartCARS it works perfectly, as already tried in different V.A.

But it should also work with the version of ProAvia

Edited by gio1961

• Administrators

Can you set the PHP version to 7.2 or 7.1? If so, use phpVMS 5.5.2.72 - which will work with smartCARS.

Most all addons will work with 5.5.2.72 also. There may be some errors shown pertaining to the count parameter, but they are easily fixed.

Or if you can set PHP to version 5.6, use phpVMS 5.5.2 (Simpilot) version.

32 minutes ago, ProAvia said:

Can you set the PHP version to 7.2 or 7.1? If so, use phpVMS 5.5.2.72 - which will work with smartCARS.

Most all addons will work with 5.5.2.72 also. There may be some errors shown pertaining to the count parameter, but they are easily fixed.

Or if you can set PHP to version 5.6, use phpVMS 5.5.2 (Simpilot) version.

Got this error using PHP 7.2 and phpVMS 5.5.2.72 https://shrib.com/?v=nc#WildBoar9w5kgKw

I've starred out the database details as it says password.

1 minute ago, ProAvia said:

You need to install using mysqli - not mysql ..... Did you start out with a new database before installing 5.5.2.72? The default install setting is mysqli

When i create a new database on IONOS i can only select MySQL. I'll make a new database and try it anyway.

20 minutes ago, ProAvia said:

You need to install using mysqli - not mysql ..... Did you start out with a new database before installing 5.5.2.72? The default install setting is mysqli

This is the result of a new database and choosing MySQLi on the install.php page

Warning: mysqli::__construct(): (HY000/2002): No such file or directory in /homepages/20/d813824572/htdocs/phpvms/phpvms/core/classes/ezdb/ezdb_mysqli.class.php on line 101

Fatal error: Uncaught <blockquote><font face=arial size=2 color=000099><b>Last Error --</b> [<font color=000000><b>No such file or directory (2002)</b></font>]<br />[<font color=000000><b></b></font>]</font><p> </blockquote><hr noshade color=dddddd size=1> thrown in /homepages/20/d813824572/htdocs/phpvms/phpvms/core/classes/ezdb/ezdb_mysqli.class.php on line 106

• Administrators

What is IONOS - your web host?

Here is lines 101-106 in ezdb_mysqli.class.php:

$this->dbh =  new mysqli($dbhost, $dbuser, $dbpassword);

if(mysqli_connect_errno() != 0)
		{
			if($this->throw_exceptions)
				throw new ezDB_Error(mysqli_connect_error(), mysqli_connect_errno());

Did you enter the host, user and password correctly? Did you start with a fresh DB and fresh phpVMS upload?