[New] vACARS v1.0 Screenshots

Guest N402KC

Starting to get kinda heavy. You're loosing me at the autopilot interface and web browser. Don't get me wrong, it's all cool stuff, I just question if some of this is needed for this purpose. I like the idea of being able to search the flight database and to be able to bid on a flight from within the app, but a built in browser? You trying to compete with Firefox now? I guess I am just a little too plain.... :blink:

Chuck

CYXU

Yeah cut the web browser, it won't even work for some as IE is no longer shipped with windows - in the EU at least.

Also, the pilots online is good but how do you plan on finding controllers? I wouldn't expect them to be running acars because they aren't flying, and probably aren't even in the airline.

I assume it takes information from vatsim or IVAO for the controllers and online pilots, and I think it is a good thing to have a browser in there, means you dont have to start up any other programs you dont need, and you can get information readily, without loosing performance. Tom I am not sure which EU country your from but when i got my laptop it came with IE, a computer would be fairly useless for the internet if it came with no internet browser, and FF is unlikely to be shipped with Windows anytime soon.

Cheers

Dan C

It's in the whole EU, hence the sudden rise of annoying 8 second IE8 adverts. They stopped Microsoft shipping IE with Windows 7 in the EU so people have the right to choose.

And perhaps it saves resources and shizzle (not likely seeing as it just makes the program run more than it would without it), but it has few or no common features even compared to IE, and if you add them it'll take up even more space in a program designed to do something wholly different.

Plus it makes more possible sources for bugs and therefore more for the whiners to complain about.

In January 2009, the European Commission announced it would investigate the bundling of Internet Explorer with Windows operating systems from Microsoft, saying "Microsoft's tying of Internet Explorer to the Windows operating system harms competition between web browsers, undermines product innovation and ultimately reduces consumer choice."[24][25] In response, Microsoft announced that it would not bundle Internet Explorer with Windows 7 E, the version of Windows 7 to be sold in Europe.[26][27][28][29][30][31]

On December 16, 2009, the European Union agreed to allow competing browsers, with Microsoft providing a "ballot box" screen letting users choose one of twelve popular products listed in random order.[32] The twelve browsers were Avant, Chrome, Firefox, Flock GreenBrowser, Internet Explorer, K-Meleon, Maxthon, Opera, Safari, Sleipnir, and Slim.[33] which are accessible via BrowserChoice.eu.

Came into effect recently, not exactly sure when.

Also remember your version would have been shipped quite some time before you ever bought it.

Guest N402KC

Well see, There are specific reasons for the browser. How About I have a configuration panel that will allow you to have it there or not. The Autopilot feature is for people who dont know how to use the ones in flight sim. Idk, just something i thought of. I also have a few more features. Open testing will be open within the hour.

Guest N402KC

Well This will have reminders in the acars like say your minimized and your passing 10K Feet, there will be something to let you know you need to turn off your landing lights and instead of having to open flight sim and do that, you can do it threw acars. BETA TESTING OPENED!

http://simups.org/vacars/

+1 on the Brett Lowe thing? lol

And so far, the only thing I don't like is the fact it's using framework 4 and i have to install it. Would have been better to publish with framework 3.5 or w.e is standard. Thats what i do with my apps, means there is less to bugger up lol.

Make it more open to other flight networks rather than just Vatsim. Vatsim is not the be all and end all of flight sim. I would actually drop the last 3 tabs though. They are not needed in my opinion, or maybe I'm just old. Don't add so much that it might actuall scare people away from using it.

It's in the whole EU, hence the sudden rise of annoying 8 second IE8 adverts. They stopped Microsoft shipping IE with Windows 7 in the EU so people have the right to choose.

And perhaps it saves resources and shizzle (not likely seeing as it just makes the program run more than it would without it), but it has few or no common features even compared to IE, and if you add them it'll take up even more space in a program designed to do something wholly different.

Plus it makes more possible sources for bugs and therefore more for the whiners to complain about.

Bravo!!!!Any government agency that protects its citizens by stopping them from getting something for free...is a joke. Including IE in W7 does not prevent anyone from using any browser they want.

That said, what benefit is there to incorporating a browser in an ACARS program?