[New] vACARS V1.0 Released for Beta Testing

Guest N402KC

Guest N402KC

Howdy,

This thread is for Bug Reporting, Support, And Feature requesting of vACARS V1.0. Please keep all questions and comments in this thread as my PM Box is overloaded. You may download the acars anytime by going to the link below;

http://simups.org/vacars/ - Click Install Button. If button gives weird code, Use this link;

http://simups.org/vacars/setup.exe

Once again keep everything to do with vACARS In this thread. Thanks;

Ive got a couple PM's for my messengers, so if you guys would like to talk to me in person, my messengers are below;

MSN: delta1420@comcast.net

LIVE VIEWING

Use Teamviewer. You can download it at http://teamviewer.com

ID: 708 326 178

Password: 2283 CURRENT AS OF 4:15PM CST APRIL 26th

Edited by N402KC

Downloaded and installed...now what? I have a pretty little app that doesn't do a whole lot. The File/Configuration doesn't work so I cannot set my server parameters or connect to the VA site. Since I cannot set parameters, I cannot login. Clicking on the Help button isn't much help either...

Teething pains no doubt! ;)

Chuck

CYXU

But on a plus note, I can surf the net....

Guest N402KC

Downloaded and installed...now what? I have a pretty little app that doesn't do a whole lot. The File/Configuration doesn't work so I cannot set my server parameters or connect to the VA site. Since I cannot set parameters, I cannot login. Clicking on the Help button isn't much help either...

Teething pains no doubt! ;)

Chuck

CYXU

But on a plus note, I can surf the net....

Well I will tell you this. I will be "Coding" It all day and night. Right now there is no functionality, But whenever you see the notice that an update is available, thats when functionality is being added. So bare with me and it will be running good tonight.

Guest N402KC

Well for it to have something to update to you need to upload it to the host don't you...

Ugh not sure what your saying. Sometimes it will update, but you wont see anything, because its on the backend.

You have said that this release is for beta testing but there is absolutely no functionality as of yet. Wouldn't have been better calling it a non functional preview? I was disappointed when I downloaded and installed it to be honest. I personally would have held off on releasing this until is was ready for Beta release (ie working in some way, shape or form). Having said that though, if you pull this one off, it looks to be very promising. I look forward to the updates.

• Like 2

Guest N402KC

You have said that this release is for beta testing but there is absolutely no functionality as of yet. Wouldn't have been better calling it a non functional preview? I was disappointed when I downloaded and installed it to be honest. I personally would have held off on releasing this until is was ready for Beta release (ie working in some way, shape or form). Having said that though, if you pull this one off, it looks to be very promising. I look forward to the updates.

.......................... Well as i mentioned (I Believe), This is to allow the users to see how the acars is developed from ground up. Starting from looks, to functionality. Thats why there are updates (Done automatically through acars). Lets not complain.

• Like 1

.......................... Well as i mentioned (I Believe), This is to allow the users to see how the acars is developed from ground up. Starting from looks, to functionality. Thats why there are updates (Done automatically through acars). Lets not complain.

I wasn't complaining, I was stating my opinion. That is part of the beta process after all, isn't it? ;) I'm not trying to pull your work down, as I said I personally think holding off on the beta release till there was some functionality would have been more productive, but that's my own opinion. I also said I am looking forward to seeing where this goes.

• Like 1

Stop fighting right now or before the mods lock this topic. We are all here to help out to build great things around here. That's how we make programs well if we are nice together.

I wasn't fighting Vansers, I was pointing out that I wasn't complaining. It may have come across that I was complaining, and I wanted the op to know that I wasn't. Jumping the gun like this isn't going to help either :rolleyes: The op did specify that this thread was for providing feedback, and I did. Nothing more, nothing less.

• Like 3

• Moderators

I wasn't fighting Vansers, I was pointing out that I wasn't complaining. It may have come across that I was complaining, and I wanted the op to know that I wasn't. Jumping the gun like this isn't going to help either :rolleyes: The op did specify that this thread was for providing feedback, and I did. Nothing more, nothing less.

Ok, I understand. I'll not go this far to fight. So let's drop it. And provide good feedback on what needs to be imporved.

Ok, I understand. I'll not go this far to fight. So let's drop it. And provide good feedback on what needs to be imporved.

Vansers, my original post was sincere and not intended to cause an argument. You seem to think this was the case. So let me explain where I was coming from. The thread title is as follows:

vACARS V1.0 Released for Beta Testing

Now this would imply that the version available for downloading was in a state where it could be tested. We can't test it as it is not functional. Also in the OP's first post, it doesn't mention that the version available is not in a functioning state. So I was disappointed when i downloaded it and found it to be just a basic layout. I don't think it was being rude, offensive or unfair to mention this, especially as the OP created this thread to provide a space for us to offer feedback. I did also state that I was looking forward to seeing the application being developed. Now when I did give my opinion, I was accused of complaining by the OP, to which I stated that I wasn't, part of developing any software is being able to take constructive criticism from Beta testers and utilise it. Saying that someone is complaining is not the way to handle it. You seem to think that this could have developed into a fight, and I don't think it would have, but jumping in like that could have caused it.

• Like 1

I really don't understand what you mean by "right now i'm following this fourms rules and i will not go this far to fight", but if you think I have done something wrong and want to discuss this further in a civil manner, then please do feel free to PM me. If I have somehow offended you, I would appreciate knowing and we can discuss this if you like.

• Moderators

I really don't understand what you mean by "right now i'm following this fourms rules and i will not go this far to fight", but if you think I have done something wrong and want to discuss this further in a civil manner, then please do feel free to PM me. If I have somehow offended you, I would appreciate knowing and we can discuss this if you like.

Stuart, you have done nothing wrong. I don't want to make this worst. You did not offended me at all. I was studiut casue i didn't get the point what were you taking about and now i get the point. I'm always a idiot sometimes. That's all.

Apology accepted :P;)

Seriously though, I know you meant no harm or was being confrontational with your posts, as I wasn't in my posts either. So enough thread hijacking from us both and let's leave it now for everyone to chat about the topic at hand B)