Vms5 to vms7 imports

LuxuryCEO

Hi guys

I know phpvms 7 is still under development but something has been bugging me for a while now. When the time comes to port over to the new vms7  how are we going to import all of our aircraft schedules and pilots etc. I mean right now Luxury has over 800 schedules and around 75 aircraft etc il be there to christmas 2022 importing them over lol. That is without a database import or something like that. 

There's got to be something that can be done. The thing on the phpvms7 installer didn't work for me soo

Edited by LuxuryCEO

Hey,
phpvms 7 is built on Laravel, and I've taken a look at the DB tables. As you have guessed, the same import CSV files you used for phpvms v2/v5 wouldn't work. The documentation says that you will be able to do an import thought SSH Terminal using the following artisan command. Ik most of the guys are on TFDi hosting, and the good news is they support SSH Access via cPanel. So when you get phpvms7, all you gotta do is go to cPanel > Terminal > and enter the following command with your DB creds. 

php artisan phpvms:importer  {db_host} {db_name} {db_user} {db_pass?}

more information here: https://docs.phpvms.net/setup/importing-from-v2-v5

On a side note, 
There is this awesome tool https://virtualairlineschedules.net/ provides data (airports, aircrafts, schedules) which support phpvms7. The only thing left to actually import from your old VA DB is, Pilot Data & PIREP Data, which also can be imported manually

I've been working on Laravel projects for a while now. I created a custom VMS for a client who were running on phpVMS earlier. It was fairly very easy to get all their data from the DB and put it into a format where it was accepted by my VMS because the database tables were much similar. So, the possibility that it can be done without using the Terminal in phpvms7 is still there. I've attached a screenie for reference from when I tried to export data from a phpvms v2 based VA to a custom Laravel VMS. 

unknown.png

In conclusion, the odds are that there would be a full featured import tool when phpVMS is released, so we'll cross that bridge when we get to it! 

Cheers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, LuxuryCEO said:

The thing on the phpvms7 installer didn't work for me soo

You mean when you go to install, you click "Importing from a legacy install"? I thought that was fixed now (or at least in its prelim stages). Which part of it didn't work and were there any errors? Yeah you could do it the way @LeonardIGO4036 suggested, but the installer should be the easiest way of doing it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Administrators

What problems were you having with the importer? I'd like to fix them before a release, esp since there are multiple legacy versions, I know there are some things that might have been missed. It was tested a lot, someone's import took something like 6 hours but it got done heh

• Administrators
18 hours ago, LeonardIGO4036 said:

Hey,
phpvms 7 is built on Laravel, and I've taken a look at the DB tables. As you have guessed, the same import CSV files you used for phpvms v2/v5 wouldn't work. The documentation says that you will be able to do an import thought SSH Terminal using the following artisan command. Ik most of the guys are on TFDi hosting, and the good news is they support SSH Access via cPanel. So when you get phpvms7, all you gotta do is go to cPanel > Terminal > and enter the following command with your DB creds. 

php artisan phpvms:importer  {db_host} {db_name} {db_user} {db_pass?}

more information here: https://docs.phpvms.net/setup/importing-from-v2-v5

On a side note, 
There is this awesome tool https://virtualairlineschedules.net/ provides data (airports, aircrafts, schedules) which support phpvms7. The only thing left to actually import from your old VA DB is, Pilot Data & PIREP Data, which also can be imported manually

I've been working on Laravel projects for a while now. I created a custom VMS for a client who were running on phpVMS earlier. It was fairly very easy to get all their data from the DB and put it into a format where it was accepted by my VMS because the database tables were much similar. So, the possibility that it can be done without using the Terminal in phpvms7 is still there. I've attached a screenie for reference from when I tried to export data from a phpvms v2 based VA to a custom Laravel VMS. 

unknown.png

In conclusion, the odds are that there would be a full featured import tool when phpVMS is released, so we'll cross that bridge when we get to it! 

Cheers.

There's also a YAML command line importer which I'm planning to expose in the admin panel at some point, but it can be a little dangerous. It's how the data seeder runs too.