Help with new install

RafaelLeite

Hi there!

I have some questions.

How to:

- Use the map, pilots and routes as an iframe to an existing website?

- Remove this on the news main page:

Posted by phpVMS Installer on 23/05/2020

Also, the function send emails to all pilots is not working and the FORGOT PASSWORD is also not working...

What am I missing?

when I try to register:

Warning: imagecreatefromstring(): Empty string or invalid image in /home/virtualv/public_html/vms/core/common/PilotData.class.php on line 1016

However the pilot appears at the PENDING pilots register...but no welocme e-mail is ever sent....

Edited by RafaelLeite

• Administrators

More info is needed....

phpVMS version?

PHP version?

MySQL or MariaDB version?

Who is your host and what OS is running on the server?

During install, did you choose MySQL or MySQLi ?

The "Remove this...." part is most probably the standard News item posted after installation is complete. You can remove it by going to Admin, News & Content, News.

OK:

phpVMS version?

PHP version?

MySQL or MariaDB version?

mYsql

Who is your host and what OS is running on the server?

Host is buyvm (I dunno how to check that)

During install, did you choose MySQL or MySQLi ?

I can't remember...

Adding a question:

There is anyway to change it from lbs to kgs, I mean:

https://imgur.com/lCzvlFm

Edited by RafaelLeite

• Administrators

phpVMS 5.5.2 or 5.5.2.72?

With PHP 7.3 - phpVMS 5.5.2 or 5.5.2.72 will not install correctly 

What version number of MySQL?

Look in local.config to see if MySQL orMySQLi

Do you have error reporting turned on?

Are any errors showing inthe error_log file?

Are any errors showing in the console?

I wouldn't worry about changing from lbs to kg, adding a skin or any other addons until you have your install working withoutany errors while using the default crystal skin.

ok.

This is at the admin site settings:

Setting NameSetting Value

phpVMS Version5.5.2.72 simpilot/php7.2

Which PHP version do you recommend? I can change in my cpanel.

Ok, Version is MySQL. (should I change it to MySqli?)

Erros I have:

[26-May-2020 10:05:10 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function mb_detect_encoding() in /home/virtualv/public_html/vms/core/modules/CCFTracker/CCFTracker.php:31 Stack trace: #0 /home/virtualv/public_html/vms/core/classes/MainController.class.php(218): CCFTracker->index() #1 /home/virtualv/public_html/vms/action.php(64): MainController::RunAllActions() #2 {main} thrown in /home/virtualv/public_html/vms/core/modules/CCFTracker/CCFTracker.php on line 31 [26-May-2020 10:06:13 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function mb_detect_encoding() in /home/virtualv/public_html/vms/core/modules/CCFTracker/CCFTracker.php:31 Stack trace: #0 /home/virtualv/public_html/vms/core/classes/MainController.class.php(218): CCFTracker->index() #1 /home/virtualv/public_html/vms/action.php(64): MainController::RunAllActions() #2 {main} thrown in /home/virtualv/public_html/vms/core/modules/CCFTracker/CCFTracker.php on line 31 [26-May-2020 10:09:31 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function mb_detect_encoding() in /home/virtualv/public_html/vms/core/modules/CCFTracker/CCFTracker.php:31 Stack trace: #0 /home/virtualv/public_html/vms/core/classes/MainController.class.php(218): CCFTracker->index() #1 /home/virtualv/public_html/vms/action.php(64): MainController::RunAllActions() #2 {main} thrown in /home/virtualv/public_html/vms/core/modules/CCFTracker/CCFTracker.php on line 31 [26-May-2020 10:24:44 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function mb_detect_encoding() in /home/virtualv/public_html/vms/core/modules/CCFTracker/CCFTracker.php:31 Stack trace: #0 /home/virtualv/public_html/vms/core/classes/MainController.class.php(218): CCFTracker->index() #1 /home/virtualv/public_html/vms/action.php(64): MainController::RunAllActions() #2 {main} thrown in /home/virtualv/public_html/vms/core/modules/CCFTracker/CCFTracker.php on line 31 [26-May-2020 10:43:48 UTC] PHP Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/virtualv/public_html/vms/core/modules/Fltbook/Fltbook.php on line 47 [27-May-2020 10:46:36 UTC] PHP Warning: imagecreatefromstring(): Empty string or invalid image in /home/virtualv/public_html/vms/core/common/PilotData.class.php on line 1016

Now, the import function is not working. I'll revert to the crystal skin to see...

Edited by RafaelLeite

• Administrators

I would recommend PHP 7.2 for phpVMS 5.5.2.72 as that's the version it was designed to work with. It should also work with 7.0 and 7.1 - but PHP 7.3 and above will show additional errors durng the install.

I don't know if you can just change that setting from MySQL to MySQLi - but since you are experiencing other issues, I would recommend a clean install and start fresh with MySQLi chosen during install. Then test everything to be sure it all works. Don't bother adding any skins or modules until AFTER you are sure the program functions correctly in its default state.

Be sure error reporting is turned on and that you have an error_log file set up in the main phpVMS folder and another in /admin.

Started from scatch, then I receive this error after install:

Warning: Use of undefined constant TABLE_PREFIX - assumed 'TABLE_PREFIX' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/virtualv/public_html/vms/core/common/SettingsData.class.php on line 184

But so far, so good....

Edited by RafaelLeite

Now when a new pilot try to register:

Warning: file_get_contents(): https:// wrapper is disabled in the server configuration by allow_url_fopen=0 in /home/virtualv/public_html/vms/core/lib/recaptcha/recaptchalib.php on line 93

Warning: file_get_contents(https://www.google.com/recaptcha/api/siteverify?secret=6LdwP_sUAAAAAFuexYAJJohVrQmp4BDHD_b3KtHw&remoteip=201.74.135.93&v=php_1.0&response=03AGdBq27Tk2dHY9V_JHb7ZDbUCDdDn8ALLPo8hlCu40UAdulRfI23_ZZhS3Rx7yMgiz6EP9QVTvCyzUnu_irlGDqLXh85ieYAQ6U5WW3Sikhhtm4JemwGWcuErnXKsHa4BIM8O7dCS-hxJoFUhC6rugPLQNo9hHtPoeB39fXg8jRCRshhgHfBvh9NANixq2_69Or1Fm21X1Znkwq-Aer3JOU_tclAQ9PPT_rzTAo2ZG5svAlRpXOCMMoYMcX14jT6i9Kj3nSfjvGqvqp6SEnkHiGw7iROlhoyTDN13NE3EXeFrGZquLwDdyBn9iu93xCpY-zzBB979FFoH1ZywS_wHWUnVwKfnSd7TMzgKDPy9xeIYK_J7s0cCZuTDsFlIJZAOGgzhsID2s0hp51NXTWSCGqQXlDn_fos3Pjm4xxK4JznzOl-3782FoGKEprHkngs-KJqwn-3fVfB_cyxCxwgMYPZYQeBCgHD9w): failed to open stream: no suitable wrapper could be found in /home/virtualv/public_html/vms/core/lib/recaptcha/recaptchalib.php on line 93

Warning: Use of undefined constant error - assumed 'error' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/virtualv/public_html/vms/core/lib/recaptcha/recaptchalib.php on line 132

Warning: Use of undefined constant codes - assumed 'codes' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/virtualv/public_html/vms/core/lib/recaptcha/recaptchalib.php on line 132

Warning: A non-numeric value encountered in /home/virtualv/public_html/vms/core/lib/recaptcha/recaptchalib.php on line 132

Warning: A non-numeric value encountered in /home/virtualv/public_html/vms/core/lib/recaptcha/recaptchalib.php on line 132

I think this error is not impacting anything o the email issue...but..e-mails still not being sent after new register... 

Edited by RafaelLeite

Strating a new install, once again...during the install:

Warning: Use of undefined constant TABLE_PREFIX - assumed 'TABLE_PREFIX' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/virtualv/public_html/vms/core/common/SettingsData.class.php on line 184

However, as per readme look like is a normal error...

now when I try to register as a new pilot:

same error as above....

not using any skin or module, just the fresh install..

I've inserted the captcha on the required place...local.config.php

I used captcha 2... it is correct?

And the welcome e-mail still not going.....

Edited by RafaelLeite

Should I config this on the local config?

# Email Settings
Config::Set('EMAIL_FROM_NAME', '');
Config::Set('EMAIL_FROM_ADDRESS', '');

Config::Set('EMAIL_USE_SMTP', false);
# Add multiple SMTP servers by separating them with ;
Config::Set('EMAIL_SMTP_SERVERS', '');
Config::Set('EMAIL_SMTP_PORT', '');
Config::Set('EMAIL_SMTP_USE_AUTH', false);
Config::Set('EMAIL_SMTP_SECURE', 'ssl'); # must be "ssl" for Google Apps
Config::Set('EMAIL_SMTP_USER', '');
Config::Set('EMAIL_SMTP_PASS', '');

• Administrators

You don't necessarily need the Email Settings changed

Why would you remove the captcha? If you remove it, you will eventually get a bunch of robots registering and/or span registrations.

ReCaptcha "just showing stupid errors" indicates the keys are incorrect, installed incorrectly or possibly an issue with your server setup. But without you listing those errors, no one can help you correct the issue.

ReCaptcha is version 2 compliant - as it states in local.config

Do you have a valid email entered in the admin panel?

Is it an email related to your site - XXX@MyVA.com? Or is it a gmail, hotmail, etc type email address?

Have you checked the Chrome console while registering or sending email thru the site?

Have you checked the error_log file in the main phpvms directory or in the /admin directory for any errors?

During the reinstall, did you delete the tables  created the first time? If not did you change the prefix when installing? If you use the same prefix it can cause errors. Either use a different prefix or remove the tables created. As above don't remove recaptcha, make sure you have correct keys, and have put the right key in the right place. Also have you changed the php version?

Yes. I removed captcha because i can figure out how to clear the error. I'll let off while I figure out. When I solve the email issue, I'll be using Carlos skin and there is a captcha module there.

I checked the log, nothing related to the mails error.  

And Strider, yes, I started from scracth I een deleted the database itself and started from beggining...also yes, I've changed to the 7.2

• Administrators

Honestly, if you can't get the recaptcha working correctly in the default 5.5.2.72 install, it probably won't work in an addon skin either.

If you show us the errors, we will try to help. If you don't you are on your own. Once you start taking items out of the base install you become a test pilot with no support, as it's impossible for us to figure out what you did.