Tour Module Display Question

natcret

Can anyone point me to which file I would modify to increase the number of pilots shown on a tour detail page when signed up for a tour?  For example, I have tour that has 30 pilots signed up, however the tour detail page only shows 15.  Any ideas?

Regards

I would need to see the code for the page you want it to show on. It is very hard to just hazard a guess as without knowing how the page is coded help is harder to give. As there is a few ways of showing more then 15 pilots, but they won't always work with what you got.

• Administrators

I believe the Simpilot Tour module is payware. Even though it is no longer available, it being payware means we can't discuss it in public. If another member has it, maybe they can contact you via PM to see if they can help you out.

Thanks!  Yes it is payware.  Didn't realize thaat it can't be discussed in a public forum.  Kinda hard to get support since David (Simpilot) left so I was trying to find out something.  Hopefully another member can PM me a solution.

Thanks!

• Administrators

I see other tours have more than 15 pilots shown - https://flymirageva.org/index.php/tour/details/6

Have you checked the "tours_pilotdata" table in the DB to see how many are signed up for a specific tour and compare that with the pilot list for that tour?

That's about as far as we can go with the discussion here as the module is payware.

19 hours ago, natcret said:

Thanks Strider.  If I understand correctly you need to see the site page?  Below is a link to the site and one of the pages:

https://flymirageva.org/index.php/tour/details/4

The code, as i don't know what the code looks like. Just need to see the code for the showing the pilots signed up not the entire thing.

Also asking for help for a product payware or not is not against the law. What is, would be to share the module with others for free, or to edit it a slight bit and then claim it as your own. As since simpilot is no longer around, how else are they going to get help with the modules otherwise. As most likely people who have it will be the ones to help.

• Moderators
4 hours ago, Strider said:

The code, as i don't know what the code looks like. Just need to see the code for the showing the pilots signed up not the entire thing.

Also asking for help for a product payware or not is not against the law. What is, would be to share the module with others for free, or to edit it a slight bit and then claim it as your own. As since simpilot is no longer around, how else are they going to get help with the modules otherwise. As most likely people who have it will be the ones to help.

I agree but all code within the payware shouldn't be shared publicly in the forum. I would take it to DMs.  

Asking for help isn't a problem - sharing ANY of the code here is.

a signle part of code that in it self can't work without the other files, won't breach copyright. I am not asking for all the code, just the part that instructs how many rows to show. is the code set to 15. Most of the time that is just 1 line of code, which won't work by itself so i cant steal it nor can anyone as they would need more then 1 file and/or lines of code.

• Administrators

Posting any code of a payware module in this forum could be construed as copyright infringement. And if enough code were posted over time, someone could put together the complete module.

Therefore, take it to DM. 

This thread is now closed.

• Moderators
On 7/9/2020 at 9:29 PM, natcret said:

Can anyone point me to which file I would modify to increase the number of pilots shown on a tour detail page when signed up for a tour?  For example, I have tour that has 30 pilots signed up, however the tour detail page only shows 15.  Any ideas?

Regards

The tour_details page only shows "active" pilots.  So yes, 30 pilots may have signed up but 15 are currently marked as "on leave" or "retired".

For example, one of my tours has 84 pilots that signed up but tour_details only shows 18.  It's because 66 of them aren't active.