Help Needed - New Coder With Lots of Issues With PHPVMS

envoyairvirtual

Hello all, recently my host that I use for my Virtual Airline's website and database, decided their host needed to change. In the process, my entire PHPVMS system got screwed. Here's the main issues I've been trying to fix for the past 3 weeks. Error logs have not been of much use for me as it will say there's an error on line 120 of xyz.php, but doesn't point to what is causing that error. I'm extremely new to coding and self taught so this has got me super confused. 

Main issues:

- Cannot import fleet from the admin panel. When I click "Import Aircraft" and upload the CSV ( I use VA Systems to get these), it will say "Processing Import" and runs through "Adding xxxx aircraft" and then finishes like it has imported. Except then when I go to click on "View Aircraft" after, I still get the "No Aircraft Have Been Added" bar. The only way they will show up is if I edit the CSV to match the table structure, and force it through the database Import. 
- Can only import airports via the Admin Panel. This whole process is normal and works just fine. 

- Cannot import schedules via the admin panel either. Same issue as when I try to import fleet. Has to be force imported via the database in phpMyAdmin. 
- Once all of these are in, schedules will show up, but when you try to manually file a PIREP or through the ACARs it acts like it has filed, but it hasn't. 
- My application on the other subdomain that sends the application to the crew subdomain (the two are on the same database, no previous issues), is also messed up and just reverts back to the application page after one is attempted to be sent through.

A few things that should be noted. 
- I am on MariaDB10.3. I know there can be some incompatibilities but I've not had issues with 10.3 before. 

- I am running Simpilot PHPVMS 5.5.2 on PHP Version 5.6. Again, no issues before. 

- This may be where the issue is occurring but I'm not sure. My PHP Version is 5.6 but phpMyAdmin says the Web server is 7.3.6. Again, I do not think I had issues before with this, but I am not fully sure. 

- I have been researching, and trying what people have said to do in the forums for the past 3 weeks. 

If you know of anyone who can help me get this all fixed so I can get my VA back up and running, please respond to this thread or email me at ceo@envoyvirtual.com. Help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

• Administrators

It sounds like your host either upgraded your server or changed you to another server. Sometimes those types of things don't get smoothly - but can be fixed. 

MariaDB 10.3 will cause issues. Just because you didn't see any before doesn't mean they weren't there. Any chance you can use MariaDB 10.1 or MySQL 5.6? If not, your host may need to change you to a server that supports it or you may noeed to find another host who does.

It doesn't really matter what PHP version your host has running on the server. What matters is that the phpVMS 5.5.2 install is running on PHP 5.6 . As long as the directory or sub-domain where phpVMS is installed is on PHP 5.6 you are good.

You mention that you do have error logs - Those error logs are what points you to a location for something that is incorrect and needs fixing. An error in file xyz.php on line 120 is EXACTLY the starting point to fix the error.

Give us an exact example of an error that references a default phpVMS file and we can see if we can point you in a specific direction to fix it.

As for the failed import of aircraft. The CSV structure needs to match the table structure - no extra fields that are not in the table. What program and version number are you using to do the CSV files?

2 minutes ago, ProAvia said:

It sounds like your host either upgraded your server or changed you to another server. Sometimes those types of things don't get smoothly - but can be fixed. 

MariaDB 10.3 will cause issues. Just because you didn't see any before doesn't mean they weren't there. Any chance you can use MariaDB 10.1 or MySQL 5.6? If not, your host may need to change you to a server that supports it or you may noeed to find another host who does.

It doesn't really matter what PHP version your host has running on the server. What matters is that the phpVMS 5.5.2 install is running on PHP 5.6 . As long as the directory or sub-domain where phpVMS is installed is on PHP 5.6 you are good.

You mention that you do have error logs - Those error logs are what points you to a location for something that is incorrect and needs fixing. An error in file xyz.php on line 120 is EXACTLY the starting point to fix the error.

Give us an exact example of an error that references a default phpVMS file and we can see if we can point you in a specific direction to fix it.

As for the failed import of aircraft. The CSV structure needs to match the table structure - no extra fields that are not in the table. What program and version number are you using to do the CSV files?

Hey ProAvia. 

So, my host (Linexium) was using Host4Geeks for their stuff, and then had to switch to Fyfe because of an issue with Host4Geeks. 

The reason I do not believe MariaDB 10.3 to be the issue is again, because I've not had issues with it before. I will ask if I can be switched to one of those. 

The problem with the error log is that, for example, one was saying there was an error on pirep_viewreport.php line 78.  PHP Warning:  Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/njdetttt/public_html/crew.envoyvirtual.com/lib/skins/iCrewLITE/pirep_viewreport.php on line 78. Line 78's code is " foreach ($existing_comments as $comment) {"..... nothing to do with the fleet or schedules whatsoever. Which is why I am so confused. 

In regards to the failed import. I've never had to have it match the structure necessarily when importing. I've always been able to import, and it will fill in or get rid of everything not necessary and it works. The only time I've had issues with this was after the host I use switched their host. I am getting schedules and such from VA Systems, and I download for PHPVMS V3 CSV, and I import strictly through the admin panel. 

• Administrators

Try this - do a complete new install of phpVMS and use that install as a development site. So you will keep your present site and add a new site in a sub-domain. Then use the dev site to work out any kinks.

I still think you will have issues at some point with MariaDB 10.3 while using phpVMS 5.5.2

The "Invalid argument...." error is pointing to something in line 78 that will not allow the processing to continue. It has something to do with viewing a PIREP comment (possibly an existing comment). I don't have that line in my pirep_viewreport.php file - so I believe it is specific to the iCrewLITE skin.

If you are getting a bunch of errors, first - revert to the default skin (and default admin skin if you changed that). Then work through all the errors with the default skin. Finally, work on the errors with your chosen skin. But don't rush passed reverting to completely default and fixed EVERY error there first.

I had edit the insert SQL code for the insertion of data into the db for you but you reinstalled phpvms again, and it would go back to what it was before. I had the pireps working and schedules working for you. Not quite sure why you decided a reinstall was then required after i had gotten those working for you. Ask to see if your host can disable strict mode as i think that might be your cause.