Subfleet / Aircraft

lorlandi

In the previous version of PHPVMS (V5), each flight could be assigned a specific aircraft, but now I can only do it by subfleet. In our case for the Boeing 777-200 Freighter fleet we have 3 aircraft and now any of them can be selected for flight. As a cargo airline, it is very important to assign a specific aircraft to each flight so that the fleet has a similar use and avoid excessive wear of some of them and also to avoid the same aircraft flying at the same time on different routes.

For now we have fixed that by assigning each aircraft as a subfleet, we have 22 aircraft and 22 subfleets. Each flight has been assigned to a specific aircraft. The flight_subfleet database has 814 assigned flights.

Is there any way to assign a flight to a specific plane as it was in version 5 ?

Many Thanks

• Administrators
14 hours ago, lorlandi said:

In the previous version of PHPVMS (V5), each flight could be assigned a specific aircraft, but now I can only do it by subfleet. In our case for the Boeing 777-200 Freighter fleet we have 3 aircraft and now any of them can be selected for flight. As a cargo airline, it is very important to assign a specific aircraft to each flight so that the fleet has a similar use and avoid excessive wear of some of them and also to avoid the same aircraft flying at the same time on different routes.

For now we have fixed that by assigning each aircraft as a subfleet, we have 22 aircraft and 22 subfleets. Each flight has been assigned to a specific aircraft. The flight_subfleet database has 814 assigned flights.

Is there any way to assign a flight to a specific plane as it was in version 5 ?

Many Thanks

There isn't. I went this way because subfleet assignments are how they're done in real-life OPS. Though I guess in the end they do assign specific aircraft to a specific flight on a specific day, which doesn't happen here. I'm not sure how to change that without changing how the entire thing works.