New VA setup help

jordanf93

Hi guys

i wonder if anyone can help me out. I have bought domain and hosting through TFDI design for a new virtual airline. I have input the basic fleet, airports and schedules. 
Now I’m totally stuck, I don’t know where to go from here ie adding a new skin, ACARS set up etc and to basically create the site. 

It would be great if someone could assist/ help out. I have limited knowledge of HTML so any help would be greatly appreciated. 
Willing to look at quotes for paid work. 

Many thanks

Jordan

Edited by jordanf93

If you want to add a skin that you've already found, it should be as simple as downloading it and uploading it to a new folder in your lib/skins directory. After, just select this skin in the admin panel's settings. There may be some issues along the way (compatibility, modules, file extensions, etc.) but most are a simple fix if you search/post to this forum.

If you want to create a new skin, there's an old thread here that will help (in simple terms):

In terms of ACARS setup, the setup depends on which ACARS software you plan on using.

Otherwise this post may serve better in the Paid Services forum if you are finding someone else to do it for you.

6 hours ago, ProAvia said:

It would help to know what versions of a few items you are using

phpVMS version?

PHP version?

MySQL or MariaDB version?

Have you tried out any ACARS yet or have a preference for a specific one?

Hi

I have managed to install the module for cACARS and I have managed to get that to work.

Info below:

phpVMS: 5.5.2.72

PHP version: 7.3.6

MySQL: 5.7.31

1 hour ago, ProAvia said:

phpVMS 5.5.2.72 and below won't run correctly with PHP 7.3 as noted in the readme.

Users have reported issues with MySQL 5.7 - mostly with Strict Mode - and phpVMS 5.5.2.72 and below.

The hosting and installation was done by TFDi design. They set it all up for me last week. Should I go and speak with them regarding what you mentioned above?

• Administrators
5 hours ago, jordanf93 said:

The hosting and installation was done by TFDi design. They set it all up for me last week. Should I go and speak with them regarding what you mentioned above?

Yes - ask them to set you up on PHP 7.0 thru 7.2. And verify that the MySQL on your site is 5.7. I know of other TFDI users who are on PHP 5.6 or 7.2.