smartCARS arrival time isue - ACARS option other than smartCARS?

xrb936

I am currently having a time zone issue with smartCARS 2.0. It reports the wrong time and date to phpVMS, and it leads to the wrong pilot's location. I am just curious that does anyone else have this issue as well?

Also, is there any other options that I can choose to replace the smartCARS?

• Administrators

smartCARS works well for most all those using it.

My bet is there is an incorrect setting on your site or smartACARS isn't installed correctly. What time zone is your server set for? What do you mean it shows the wrong pilot location? Time has nothing to do with location.

You may wish to contact TDFI on their forums and ask there also.

1 hour ago, ProAvia said:

smartCARS works well for most all those using it.

My bet is there is an incorrect setting on your site or smartACARS isn't installed correctly. What time zone is your server set for? What do you mean it shows the wrong pilot location? Time has nothing to do with location.

You may wish to contact TDFI on their forums and ask there also.

The time zone for both server and php is UTC.

For example, I fly from KORD to KDEN and submit the PIREP, my pilot location and fleet location should be both updated to KDEN. However, if the arrival time in PIREP is ahead of the real time, like I made the flight on 10/30, but in PIREP it's 10/31, somehow the server won't recognize and update pilot's location correctly.