Memory and sessions

AlexOlPed

Hi,

I open this thread to ask two questions:

1.- How can I see the amount of memory PHPVms is using? to monitor resources.

2.- I have doubts in the phpvms_sessions table, it seems that the sessions of that table are not eliminated and I have more than 4000 records. Many of these registers put Pilotid = 0, which also makes me wonder who is the pilotid = 0 ... (Could it be SmartCARS?). I would need to have your opinion to optimize this section of sessions and that they do not accumulate so much, because I think I do not have it well optimized. in the App.config I have this set:

# Cookie information
Config :: Set ('SESSION_LOGIN_TIME', (60 * 60 * 24 * 30)); # Expire after 30 days, in seconds
Config :: Set ('SESSION_GUEST_EXPIRE', '30'); # Clear guest sessions 30 minutes

I am using: Version Phpvms 5.5.2.72 simpilot / php7.2

• Administrators

First - NEVER change anything in app.config.php. All changes/additions are to be done in local.config.php. The local.config file takes presidence over app.config. Reset your app.config to default and make changes/additions in local.config only.

1 - Maybe look in your hosting cPanel for options to monitor memory resources. phpVMS is pretty efficient though. 

2 - Entries in the sessions table will rotate in/out. Nothing much to worry about there.

• Administrators

I don't think PHP has a way of seeing in real-time the memory usage, but you can probably Google something to dump those stats. ID 0 is probably guest sessions that haven't been associated to a user. Have you checked if those are being cleared every x minutes or so? Like @ProAvia said, I wouldn't really worry about it. You can just truncate the table.