Roles setup (solved)

Dougjuk

Hi all,

Having got things up and running we wanted to set up the roles so people could access certain area's without having full access to the admin area.

I set up a series of roles for flights and airport and other area's, I then added them to various users, however those users do not get access to those area's. The only way is to give them admin panel access.  Which means they have access to all the admin area which we do not want.

I have tested this on a new user and unless I give them admin accesss they cannot edit anything.

What am I doing wrong.

I have checked Github but there is nothing in there.    Using phpVMS 7.0.0 -dev

regards

Doug

Edited by Dougjuk

Hi,

Thanks for input.

Just to be clear as an example lets just take Flights.

I go into roles create a Flight editor role and select "Flights - create/edit Flights"  tick box and Save.  If you go back in it is not selected so you have to select again then save and it does stay ticked the second time.  (does this for all the roles)

Then you then edit the user and add the role of flight editor to the role box and save.

If you then log in as that user you do not have access to flights.

It is the same with all the roles you setup, only the default admin user actually works.

I think it is a bug, I have no idea how to report it I don't understand the Github.

regards

Doug

Edited by Dougjuk

• Dougjuk changed the title to Roles setup (solved)