Installation issue

Skymatix

Guys, I tried to install the latest beta version on a fresh new domain @ hostgator. It took them almost 2 hours to get the subdomain working but now I get the following error which seems to be version of php related?
Symfony\Component\Debug\Exception\FatalErrorException

Declaration of Symfony\Component\Translation\TranslatorInterface::setLocale($locale) must be compatible with Symfony\Contracts\Translation\LocaleAwareInterface::setLocale(string $locale)

I am not a php guy so I am stuck.

I see the version in my control panel is 7.3.6

Any ideas or suggestions will be appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

hi,

That is not the best version to load, it has changed a whole lot.  Go onto discord in the announcement section for phpvms and download the 7.0.0 dev version.

Install that as per the instructions and it should work.  I had the same issue as have others.  I am no expert only loaded it in last 3 weeks BTW.

regards

Doug

On 12/10/2020 at 12:17 PM, Dougjuk said:

Install that as per the instructions and it should work.  I had the same issue as have others.  I am no expert only loaded it in last 3 weeks BTW.

Hi Doug,

I tried the suggestion as above but am unable to get it working. The only version I am able to get working is the base v7.00 and it works real great for me except for the flight map that is broken....

Can you  perhaps be more specific ? which instruction are you referring to?

Hi,

The documents sections is here https://docs.phpvms.net/installation/uploading/#!

I followed this after getting the latest Dev version from Nabeel and it installed and worked.  

When you say the flight map is broken what do you mean, the best way of sorting an issue is asking on Discord there are some very good guys on there.  As I said I have no skills in the area just followed what I was told.  I am getting help to make some small changes to the theme.

Also its worth checking the Github bit above as the bugs are listed there.

Hope you can get sorted.

Regards

Doug

1 hour ago, Dougjuk said:

Hi,

The documents sections is here https://docs.phpvms.net/installation/uploading/#!

I followed this after getting the latest Dev version from Nabeel and it installed and worked.  

When you say the flight map is broken what do you mean, the best way of sorting an issue is asking on Discord there are some very good guys on there.  As I said I have no skills in the area just followed what I was told.  I am getting help to make some small changes to the theme.

Also its worth checking the Github bit above as the bugs are listed there.

Hope you can get sorted.

Regards

Doug

Thanks Doug, I have done all that. No success with any version except the vase  v7
I will have to go to Discord then

* The flight map does not draw the correct line