Long charging time (airports)

Quitz

Hello,

I imported an airport base in the database, it works perfectly and allows me to have all the airports. However, in the admin panel, the airport tab works fine but not the others using the airport list. For example to create a manual report, the form takes several minutes to load.

I noticed that in the HTML generated by PHPVMS it has a list field importing the list of airports into its line of code, which I think in view of the number of airports is causing the problem.

How to change this list generated in HTML to an SQL query?

Do you have any other solutions?

Regards.

--

PHPvms 7

MySQL

I have only had our site working for 3 weeks but I made a file with over 15,000 airports and it slowed it all down.

So I slimmed them all down, if the airport is not in the system it will add them as it goes if the system can look them up.  Its best to keep the file as small as you can get away with.    

The same with flights, our old website had 4000 flights which caused all sorts of problems.

regards 

Doug

• Like 1

Hi,

Okay, thanks for his information.

We just have to delete the airports to create the file as we go.

Its a shame that the construction of HTML generates the list in its code instead of making an SQL query.

Thank you for your help.

Regards.

• Like 1

Seen this years ago, and hate to say it, but any and all phpvms systems is extremely limited on Airports, "UNLESS"..... your not on a Shared Hosting Company rather a dedicated Server with no limits on the Server for Ram per/say. However, over the years long story short, PHPVMS has a limit of airports , an extreme limit. I've seen this so many times with others, your Limit is only "6000" Airports, unless your running something like the Charter OPS Module, or the Cargo OPS module which has its own Tables. Trust me, anything over 6000 airports things "WILL" start to drastically slow way down. 

The good news is, if your running a Good Server , then install a second PHPVMS under a different Airline name, I am running 3 at the moment, each has its own specific format. (just an option).

If you have the option on your server, (not for the faint hearted), then go to phpmyadmin, and flush some of the Airports out, this takes time, but can be done. This is the safest way for sure.

@Dougjuk and of course our fearless leader, @ProAvia they are Both Exactly right for sure !!!

Hope this helps, 

• Like 2

Hi,

Thank you for your answer, when I monitor the server, I have no resource problems and it is able to handle the number of requests wanted.

In any case, in the meantime, I have reduced the list of airports and I will try to work on a solution by avoiding that the index generates the list in the HTML load of the page but does an SQL query to the place.

Regards.

Your very welcome, what I do as mentioned, is rely on the Charter OPS, Executive OPS, and other modules that have a set of tables all on their own, hence not relying on strictly the phpvms tables for airports. As mentioned by others also, you can create different sets of phpvms airports also which will allow you to mix and match on an import and export of sets of "example"; Major airports, small airports, and / or both mixed. This is very versatile and allows me each set of aiports "7000" MAX, to mix and match either each month or as I so desire. Allowing of course a variety of different avenues.

There is really no easy way of doing this, it does take a lot of work, but in the long run it at least frees up the Database. Do remember that anytime you change your airports, and mix them up, just remember your Schedules that are already assigned in your phpvms schedules systems. I am working on figuring out a way to duplicate the main phpvms airport structures, thus allowing duplications of schedules without having to reload everything again and again.  I also have created what we call at Heritage, a Pilot Route Request Form, which allows me first and foremost to give the Members the chance to get what they like into our system. The form is in PHP, and allows them in Order, to enter the Departure Airport and the Matching Arrival Airport they want, with a 20 Entry Level Limit.

In layman terms, 20 sets of Routes. This has for sure helped us out in a Major way. Let me know if you would like to see a Demo, I can give you one quickly to give you some idea. Hope this helps you, and again your Welcome.

Jim "Heritage1"

• Like 1

Hi,

On 12/29/2020 at 1:40 AM, Heritage1 said:

I'll get that ready for you, give me a day or 2, thanks. @Quitz

No problem, thanks ;)

On 1/5/2021 at 8:50 PM, Nabeel said:

There is a task/PR to load this dynamically and do a search that way. I just haven't gotten to it yet

Thank you for your answer, what is the file in charge of this request?

Regards.

• 2 weeks later...