Install stuck after setting the MySQL credentials

jongee

Good evening,

I have an issue. I downloaded the latest build of phpVMS on my Linux server.

When I go to the URL, it starts the install process. I set the MySQL credentials, the connection test is successful. However when I click for the next step, it reloads the same page. Neither the database.php nor the database itself are impacted.

Any clue?

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

I am also experiencing this issue. I have the following config:

CentOS 7
Apache
PHP 7.4

I have tried both the dev and the beta released. All the pre-req's are met, and the database connection tests as 'good'. But the page just reloads when the Configure Database button is clicked. 

Edited by donrammer

[2021-01-15 13:58:04] dev.ERROR: Couldn't write env.php. (ErrorException: file_put_contents(/var/www/html/phpvms/env.php): failed to open stream: Permission 
denied in /var/www/html/phpvms/vendor/nwidart/laravel-modules/src/Support/Stub.php:135

This is what is produced when clicking the 'Configure Database' button within the laravel.log

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

I tried to download the latest files and reinstall it. Now I get the home page with no logo and when I click to launch the installer, it's a 404.

You can check it here: https://www.palmacharter.eu/

So far I tried beta 3, beta 4 and the latest source files. Beta 3 and beta 4 give me a white page, nothing starting.

Permissions are correctly set and I even tried with a 777 on the whole directory + recursive.

Nothing in the logs.

Jonatan

I would not use the beta files at all.  Go to discord and download the latest dev release in the release section.  Clear it all away and start again following the doc's procedure.

I did that and it worked straight away.  It never worked with the beta's for me, total failure.

Doug

Hello Doug,

I tried that way. I took the TAR link from Discord, I downloaded on the server using wget, I extracted the files, I put them in the appropriate web folder. I checked again the permissions.

Now even the CSS seems to be wrong. And the /install is "not found".

I don't see how differently I can do it. I'm trying it on a different hosting to see if the issue is coming from my server, but I'm running PHP v7.3 on Apache (Ubuntu distro) and I've never had such an issue.

Jonatan

• 2 weeks later...

HI Jongee,

I am unsure I am not that technical.  I had a failure the first time but when I was sent the link by Nabeel to the latest dev it went through no trouble.  I followed the instructions to the letter.  My install as the phpvms folder in the root, /phpvms and the contents of the phpvms/public folder are in /public_html.

Just make sure you follow the steps of the docs https://docs.phpvms.net/installation/uploading 

After that only Nabeel can help.

Several people have gone through this.

Sorry that is all I have.

regards

Doug

• Administrators
On 1/31/2021 at 5:09 AM, jongee said:

Hello Doug,

I tried that way. I took the TAR link from Discord, I downloaded on the server using wget, I extracted the files, I put them in the appropriate web folder. I checked again the permissions.

Now even the CSS seems to be wrong. And the /install is "not found".

I don't see how differently I can do it. I'm trying it on a different hosting to see if the issue is coming from my server, but I'm running PHP v7.3 on Apache (Ubuntu distro) and I've never had such an issue.

Jonatan

Is this your own server? Just looked at the site, it looks like the files aren't uplaoded right (htaccess problem), or if your own server, the vhost is pointing to the wrong directory