Help with Stisla Skin for phpVMS v7

JarrettFlies

Thats a lot of questions, I was thinking the same sort of things in Nov when we started.  I have had to get guidance and read up on the subject and I still know next to nothing.

I got an editor and started just looking at the structure first.

https://www.w3schools.com/howto/howto_css_icon_bar.asp

This is a good site it has bootstrap and a host of other things to help.

Sorry if it not much but its a big subject.

Regards

Doug

7 hours ago, JarrettFlies said:

Hey there! I have a few questions regarding the stisla skin!

- How can I edit what is written/on the dashboard?
- How can I edit the sidebar titles?
- How can I make the Flights appear in a table format instead of cards?
- How can I add a Multiplier Calculator on the PIREP Page?

PHP 7.4, MYSQL, version 7.0.0-beta.4

First of all, you should urgently update your PhpVms version ... Beta4 is too old to be used, even for test purposes it would only cause headache both to you and people trying to help you. Use latest dev build, which is more stable and bug cleaned also offers more functionality. And you should check for new builds from time to time, or just follow PhpVms Discord's Releases channel ;)

Your first 2 questions require basic html / css styling knowledge, also you need to get used to laravel blade (view) system to edit things. PhpVms Docs and Laravel Docs are good starting locations to read (if you have the basic knowledge).

3rd one needs a little bit more knowledge 'cause you need to define a table for the flights and do a foreach loop for the rows of the table (instead of cards), which will use data from the flights collection. I did not tried to use a table for the flights, it would work of course but a table may broke the pagination logic and your results may look really strange when you reach the limit for automatic pagination. Anyway, not impossible of course but this would be a little bit harder compared to changing texts or headings.

For the last question, I did it some time ago and today converted it to a widget for PhpVms v7. If you wish you can download it from my GitHub repository with other widgets I offer for vms v7. Check the readme file for more details. Technically if you get yourself familiar with laravel blade system and how to edit files, using a widget (adding it to your template) would be easy.

Hope this helps

Edited by FatihKoz
Typo and Style Fix
  • Like 1

• ProAvia changed the title to Help with Stisla Skin for phpVMS v7

I spent a long time adjusting the stisla skin but it appears that its early building is resulting in a few errors when running with the latest phpVMS.  Not that you would notice to be fair, it such a small problem.  

However as well as working on the stisla skin I followed the instructions in the docs above and created my own skin based on the default.  I have now moved back to my own skin as it is much easier to bring in the latest dev updates into that skin than with stisla.

Its worth learning both there is so much in both.

Regards

Doug

Edited by Dougjuk
  • Like 1