[ADD-ON] [FR] Complete lists of French airports

Quitz

[FR] Complete lists of French airports

Hi,

Hello, I created a simple CSV file containing all the French airports (airports, airfields and heliport)  to import it into PHPVMS v7.

-  Installation : 

0/ I have not tested without deleting the French airports already registered, but I imagine that this does not delete them
1/ Open the administrator panel of your PHPVMS (v7) installation, then, CONFIG> AIRPORTS 

2/ At the top right of the screen click on IMPORT FROM CSV

3/ Click on import

- Informations

The base price of kerosene and ground handling in France is pre-recorded in the file. To change this data just modify the CSV file or do it manually in PHP VMS.

I did not have time to list all the IATA codes and since they are mandatory for an import, I put a simple X.

Regards.

Edited by Quitz

Hi,

Just a question; Why did you used X for all IATA codes ?

If an airport does not have an IATA code assigned, it should be left empty and if it has one it should be in the file... With this file, you are making all French aerodromes use the same IATA code.

LFPG,CDG, Charles de Gaulle International Airport,,France,Europe/Paris,, 49.0128, 2.55,250,0.21,0.21,0.21

or 

LFPG,, Charles de Gaulle International Airport,,France,Europe/Paris,, 49.0128, 2.55,250,0.21,0.21,0.21

but not

LFPG,X, Charles de Gaulle International Airport,,France,Europe/Paris,, 49.0128, 2.55,250,0.21,0.21,0.21

Safe flights

On 3/20/2021 at 8:49 PM, FatihKoz said:

Hi,

Just a question; Why did you used X for all IATA codes ?

If an airport does not have an IATA code assigned, it should be left empty and if it has one it should be in the file... With this file, you are making all French aerodromes use the same IATA code.

LFPG,CDG, Charles de Gaulle International Airport,,France,Europe/Paris,, 49.0128, 2.55,250,0.21,0.21,0.21

or 

LFPG,, Charles de Gaulle International Airport,,France,Europe/Paris,, 49.0128, 2.55,250,0.21,0.21,0.21

but not

LFPG,X, Charles de Gaulle International Airport,,France,Europe/Paris,, 49.0128, 2.55,250,0.21,0.21,0.21

Safe flights

Hi,

I did not have time to list all the IATA codes and since they are mandatory for an import, I put a simple X.

Regards.

On 3/23/2021 at 8:51 AM, DisposableHero said:

Understood, technically IATA codes should not be mandatory 'cause some airports in real world does not have them :) And regulations wise, only ICAO codes are mandatory (issued by state aviation authorities)

Hi,

Yes, I don't know why PHPVMS v7 requires IATA (excluding BDD). 😄

Regards.

• 2 weeks later...

I think this file should be edited by the author/owner  @Quitz ...

Either all X's should be removed or correct IATA codes should be provided. With its current form it is not logical to import (even for old beta4) and populate our databases with incorrect data.

phpVms v7 is capable of getting correct data for airports, instead of importing airports with incorrect or missing data one can import flights to that airports and have them looked up by phpVms automatically, missing airports will then be added to the database with correct informations.

Like all flights departing from same location, using same flight number but arrives at different airports. After successful import, flights may be deleted without any harm.

( this is the easiest way to add airports to phpVms and if you are familiar with database tools like phpmyadmin, then you can delete that flights with a single query )

Just downloaded and checked the file again ... If anyone wants to use this please do correct the below items;

1. Fix 5 letter icao codes, make them 4 letters (like FR01 . FR02 if they are fictional or stips without an ICAO code)

2. Remove all costs

3. Remove all IATA codes (or import with correct IATA codes)

4. Change the country to FR (this is what phpvms v7 uses internally, ISO Codes for countries, not names)

With its current state, you will have to edit every single of them during usage ...

• Thanks 1