Can not get my site to work properly, Missing files!

HarveyBEA

Hi everyone!

Is it possible to install phpvms on a shared hosting environment (channel) using PHP 7.3?

I currently installed the http://downloads.phpvms.net/phpvms-7.0.0-dev.tar.gz from the install guide.

I’ve tried to follow along from other people having trouble but half of the files seem to be missing? local.config for example.

I have a running site on Cpanel but things like the airport list is not functioning when I try and sign up a user. (i'm guessing that need to be added to a database, but I don't have the files needed to add it. What format do the airports need to be in? for the acars system to know what airport it is?)

I’ve googled and it says add XYZ to local.config.php but I don’t have one. Nor a install folder, nor a templated folder etc

Would I be better off installing this on a VPS, even though my knowledge of linux is extremely limited,or stick with Cpanel?

TIA, Harvey.

Edited by HarveyBEA

• Administrators

It seems you are trying to use phpVMS v7

If so - do NOT use beta4. Instead, use the latest dev build which is available in the Discord Releases channel. Yes, v7 will install to shared hosting. There is no local.config file in v7. The install and template folders aren't in v7 either.

As for airports, I suggest you add a few airports manually. Then export them to gain insight into the required fields. You can use Excel or the like to compile your airport list and import it into your database. Only add airports your VA intends to actually fly into. There is zero reason to add every airport in the world.

You initially posted in the v2/v5 support forums. I am moving your post to the v7 support forum.