smartCARS on phpvms7

Vahid

Hello @Vahid,

if there is any way to use smartCARS with phpVMS 7,

No, not at the moment and it will not be possible until TFDi Design updates SmartCARS.

or is there any plane in the future?

It will not be a phpVMS update, SmartCARS needs to be updated and we do not know their future plans.

As far as i know (from their previous replies to other users at their support forums etc); SmartCARS v2 will not be updated but future versions of SmartCARS v3 (or later) "may" support phpvms v7.

Safe flights

2 hours ago, DisposableHero said:

Hello @Vahid,

No, not at the moment and it will not be possible until TFDi Design updates SmartCARS.

It will not be a phpVMS update, SmartCARS needs to be updated and we do not know their future plans.

As far as i know (from their previous replies to other users at their support forums etc); SmartCARS v2 will not be updated but future versions of SmartCARS v3 (or later) "may" support phpvms v7.

Safe flights

Thank you for your quick answer, so maybe I should look for an alternative. 😉

53 minutes ago, Vahid said:

Thank you for your quick answer, so maybe I should look for an alternative. 😉

If you are looking for an acars alternative for phpvms v7, there is none at the moment. So do not waste your time ;) But if you are looking for an airline management software to use with SmartCARS, you may find some for sure (but finding one being supported and compatible with new tech may be hard though)

Safe flights

2 minutes ago, DisposableHero said:

If you are looking for an acars alternative for phpvms v7, there is none at the moment. So do not waste your time ;) But if you are looking for an airline management software to use with SmartCARS, you may find some for sure (but finding one being supported and compatible with new tech may be hard though)

Safe flights

I really love the phpVMS 7 and since it's under Laravel and I'm doing some project in this framework and,  maybe I can help to improve it, so I prefer to stay with it.
Have you ever any experience with vmsACARS?

Regards,
Vahid NZ

1 minute ago, Vahid said:

I really love the phpVMS 7 and since it's under Laravel and I'm doing some project in this framework and,  maybe I can help to improve it, so I prefer to stay with it.
Have you ever any experience with vmsACARS?

Regards,
Vahid NZ

Great ... Then welcome to the happy family of v7 users :)

By any experience you mean any problems while using it or my overall view/satisfaction about ?

I am using vmsAcars, as my main operational software at my live site. I think this will be enough to express my satisfaction ;) It is currently at beta stage, have some problems of course but nothing that big and show stopper. And being improved day by day by our genious developer @Nabeel.

We (as users) believe that it will be a much better software soon.

If has nice features (some offered as paid options in other softwares) , lightweight and supports main simulators without problems. Though MsFs is being the biggest problem due to constant changes but it is mainly stable. The only downside i see is, currently it has no MacOS support, but someday I think it will be there.

If you have any questions about vmsAcars and/or phpVms v7, you can join the fun at Discord too :)

Safe flights,

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DisposableHero said:

Great ... Then welcome to the happy family of v7 users :)

By any experience you mean any problems while using it or my overall view/satisfaction about ?

I am using vmsAcars, as my main operational software at my live site. I think this will be enough to express my satisfaction ;) It is currently at beta stage, have some problems of course but nothing that big and show stopper. And being improved day by day by our genious developer @Nabeel.

First of all, thank you for your kind word
I mean, in general. Are you totally satisfied?

12 minutes ago, DisposableHero said:

We (as users) believe that it will be a much better software soon.

If has nice features (some offered as paid options in other softwares) , lightweight and supports main simulators without problems. Though MsFs is being the biggest problem due to constant changes but it is mainly stable. The only downside i see is, currently it has no MacOS support, but someday I think it will be there.

If you have any questions about vmsAcars and/or phpVms v7, you can join the fun at Discord too :)

Safe flights,

I agree with you, and I know no software will be complete robust & without problems from the first day.

Regards,
Vahid NZ

LoL , your question is like the quality calls dealers are making ... How would you rate your satisfaction from 1 to 10, 10 means totally satisfied :)

I never reply to them, and will not reply to you either 'cause my satisfaction criterias may not meet yours. Therefore when someone is totally satisfied, another one may not, this really depends from person to person.

In general, i am a licenced aviation professional, i do use simulators for more than 20 years, i am not after eye candy or ear candy stuff. I am not a gamer nor a hardcore va fanboy / wannabe pilot of some sort. I do fly by the book, report my flights by the book. In this respect, i am satisfied enough from what vmsAcars offers at the moment. (i used many other acars softwares in the past and still have some of them installed for some other va's)

Can it be improved ? Of course yes but this probably will not change my current satisfaction level ;)

Safe flights

Edited by DisposableHero
  • Like 1

• 2 years later...