phpvms v5.5 on localhost

CSJCB

If you can configure Laragon to use;

• Apache 2.4.39
  • PHP 7.2.19 (any version below 7.3 will do i think)
  • MySQL 5.6.44 (any version below 5.7.4 will be good too I suppose)

then you can simply follow the instructions posted below (coppied from readme file)

Upload to your development environment, create a database. Run the installer in .../install/install.php

Source : https://github.com/ProAviaAZ/phpvms_5.5.2.72

And this topic may help too;

This page may help too (for configuring your Laragon)

https://laragon.org/docs/operations.html

Edited by DisposableHero
Added Laragon Docs / Ops Link

Thank you for the prompt reply.

I do have have post the question as it should be and I'm deeply sorry for that.

What I pretend to say and do is:

I want to install on a local environment our actual website for some adjustments prior to put it online and testing some other related stuff, and for that I do it as I usually do for an external environment i.e. by creating a DB, user and upload the all SQL tables.

Adjust the sittings on local.config.php and all is working like a charme.

I have used the same procedure for localhost, but for some reason doesn´t work, I do believe that might be related with the url on local.config.php I have tried several options but no success so far.

Understood, no need to be sorry about asking :) It is how we communicate and share information.

According to your description of followed procedure, it should be working. I expect it to be working, despite being on local laragon (or wamp or xammp) should behave like an external server, they are local to their hardware afterall. Not local for us only, so for the code it should not matter if it is running on a localhost or a remotehost (unless it is designed to work with some outside connections etc)

What was the error you see when you update your local.config.php ? Local or remote, you should be able to reach it with a file explorer (be it windows explorer or an ftp client) and be able to edit/change.

But if it is not following your changes, I mean the local server (local vms v5) is not following your changes to its local.config.php (or config.php) this maybe a cache issue or you may be editing the wrong file ;) This happens to me a lot, similar folder names, different local servers sitting next to each other on my hard disk and I end up editing server.a files while running server.b and refreshing/deleting cache/re-checking the code etc.

I do not have detailed knowledge about v5 series, this is what i can say only as general tips, rest is up to experienced v5 series admins/users.

Hope you can solve it soon and keep practicing with Laragon

Hi

Thank you for your efforts to help me solving the problem, but unfortunately I couldn't managed yet.

I have no errors at all, I have done exactly the same way as I always do for external hosting and I'm sure I what I have done was on the local.config.php which is like this:

I have decided to install from scratch than I upload the files I want however during the installation the following errors occurs:

Deprecated: define(): Declaration of case-insensitive constants is deprecated in H:\SERVER\www\core\classes\ezdb\ezdb_base.class.php on line 45

Deprecated: define(): Declaration of case-insensitive constants is deprecated in H:\SERVER\www\core\classes\ezdb\ezdb_base.class.php on line 46

Deprecated: define(): Declaration of case-insensitive constants is deprecated in H:\SERVER\www\core\classes\ezdb\ezdb_base.class.php on line 47

I STOP here prior to do something wrong to avoid go back to another instalation.

Can you tell me if I can proceed with it or how can I solve those 3 errors, the lines 45,46 & 47 contains the following:

define('ezDB_VERSION','3.00'); ( just include that line so you can see the ezDB vs )
define('OBJECT','OBJECT', true);
define('ARRAY_A','ARRAY_A', true);
define('ARRAY_N','ARRAY_N', true);

thank you

Just saw the cause of your error ... Are you really sure that you are on the correct php version for v5 series ?

Because that `Deprecated: define(): Declaration of case-insensitive constants is deprecated` error belongs to php versions 7.3 and higher. So being on a non compatible version of php may result more error if you continue, you may even not be able to complete the install or if it continues, you may not be able to setup / config it properly.

And this may be the root cause of the config editing issue you faced earlier :(

Side Note: I just tried Laragon, with changed php and mysql version to test it. It is really easy to configure the php version (install new ones or old ones), switching  between them etc is pretty straightforward. If you did not done until now, please do check the Laragon support link from my first post and make your Laragon fully compatible with v5 series before doing anything else and wasting your time to solve errors.

• Administrators

Verify your php version. As DH mentioned, that error is kostly limited to php 7.3 and above.

But you can try this.....

First, back up the ezdb_base.class.php file in case the following doesn't work and you need to revert.

Open the original ezdb_base.class.php file and edit the three lines mentioned.

For all three lines, remove

, true

Save the file and try it again.

Let us know if that works.

12 hours ago, ProAvia said:

Verify your php version. As DH mentioned, that error is kostly limited to php 7.3 and above.

Until i realized that DH is DisposableHero , i tried to make a connection between the error and the Decision Height (DH) 🙃 Glad that did not lasted long.

"Dispo" or "Hero" is what people use as nicknames for my nickname, but "DH" is good too. More aviation related at least ;)

Thanks ProAvia.

Hi

I have done what ProAvia suggest and it works, however when continue with the installation another error appears

Writing Tables...

Wrote tables

Populating Initial Data...

Warning: Use of undefined constant TABLE_PREFIX - assumed 'TABLE_PREFIX' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in H:\SERVER\www\PVPEU\core\common\SettingsData.class.php on line 184.

My line on that file is like that:

line 184:$sql = 'UPDATE ' . TABLE_PREFIX . 'settings
line 185:            SET value=\'' . $value . '\' WHERE name=\'' . $name . '\'';

My I proceed even with this error/warning ?

thank you all

DH & PA

😀😀

8 hours ago, CSJCB said:

Hi

I have done what ProAvia suggest and it works, however when continue with the installation another error appears

thank you all

DH & PA

😀😀

So you are still using an unsupported php version for v5 :) Hope everything goes well and it works as you expected.

Best wishes

DH