jftejeiro

I need help to configure the email

# EMAIL SETTINGS
# Look at the available mail configs in config / mail.php
# Also refer to the Laravel docs here: https://laravel.com/docs/8.x/mail
MAIL_DRIVER = smtp
MAIL_FROM_NAME = 'phpVMS DOES NOT RESPOND'
MAIL_FROM_ADDRESS = 'MY MAIL GOES HERE'
MAIL_HOST = 'here goes the host, but I don't know which one to put smtp.hostinger.es, imap.hostinger.es, hostinger.es'
MAIL_PORT = '587' or '995' if outbound or inbound
MAIL_ENCRYPTION =
MAIL_USERNAME = my username
MAIL_PASSWORD = my password

I tried various convinations but none of them work for me.
My service provider is hostinger.es
imap.hostinger.es 993
smtp.hostinger.es 587
pop.hostinger.es 995

The HOST mail I do not know what to put, because I tried with everyone and I do not receive emails when a pilot is registered.

And another thing that I have doubt is if the values are between '' or without them.

And I can't get users to receive an email when they sign up

Edited by jftejeiro

4 hours ago, jftejeiro said:

I need help to configure the email

And I can't get users to receive an email when they sign up

# EMAIL SETTINGS
# Look at the available mail configs in config/mail.php
MAIL_DRIVER='smtp'
MAIL_FROM_NAME='Your VA Name maybe'
MAIL_FROM_ADDRESS='noreply@yoursite.com' // MAKE A NEW EMAIL WITH HOSTINGER MAIL CONTROL PANEL AND USE IT HERE
MAIL_HOST='smtp.hostinger.es'
MAIL_PORT=587
MAIL_ENCRYPTION=
MAIL_USERNAME='noreply@yoursite.com' // SAME EMAIL USED ABOVE
MAIL_PASSWORD='password for that email'

I think this will work

You are sending email so you need smtp and outbound port ...

If above does not work, try 

MAIL_ENCRYPTION='tls'

Edited by DisposableHero

Nothing, I can't.
This is what I put. I put it with two different email addresses, but nothing

Tomorrow I will try another little

# EMAIL SETTINGS
# Look at the available mail configs in config / mail.php
MAIL_DRIVER = smtp
MAIL_FROM_NAME = 'MundoAirlines GO - DO NOT ANSWER'
MAIL_FROM_ADDRESS='noreply@mundoairlines.com '
MAIL_HOST = 'smtp.hostinger.es'
MAIL_PORT = 587
MAIL_ENCRYPTION =
MAIL_USERNAME='noreply@mundoairlines.com '
MAIL_PASSWORD = 'My pass'

20 hours ago, DisposableHero said:

# EMAIL SETTINGS
# Look at the available mail configs in config/mail.php
MAIL_DRIVER='smtp'
MAIL_FROM_NAME='Your VA Name maybe'
MAIL_FROM_ADDRESS='noreply@yoursite.com' // MAKE A NEW EMAIL WITH HOSTINGER MAIL CONTROL PANEL AND USE IT HERE
MAIL_HOST='smtp.hostinger.es'
MAIL_PORT=587
MAIL_ENCRYPTION=
MAIL_USERNAME='noreply@yoursite.com' // SAME EMAIL USED ABOVE
MAIL_PASSWORD='password for that email'

I think this will work

You are sending email so you need smtp and outbound port ...

If above does not work, try 

MAIL_ENCRYPTION='tls'

I am making a record myself of a pilot to test.
We are three administrators and the email does not reach any of the three. If that probe MAIL_ENCRYPTION = 'tls' and it doesn't work either

I copied a part of the LOG, and from the registration request the LOG puts this:

[2021-04-14 22:50:03] prod.INFO: Migrations available: 0  
[2021-04-14 22:50:18] prod.INFO: User MDN0111 state changing from Pending to Active  
[2021-04-14 22:50:18] prod.INFO: NotificationEvents::onUserStateChange: New user state=1  
[2021-04-14 22:50:18] prod.EMERGENCY: Error emailing user, MDN0111=XXXXXX@yahoo.es, error=Mailer [mail] is not defined.  
[2021-04-14 22:54:04] prod.INFO: Set pilot ID for user 33 to 111  
[2021-04-14 22:54:04] prod.INFO: NotificationEvents::onUserRegister: MDN0111 is Pending, sending active email  
[2021-04-14 22:54:04] prod.EMERGENCY: Error emailing admin (XXXXXXX@mundoairlines.com). Error=Mailer [mail] is not defined.  
[2021-04-14 22:54:04] prod.EMERGENCY: Error emailing admin (XXXXXX@gmail.com). Error=Mailer [mail] is not defined.  
[2021-04-14 22:54:04] prod.EMERGENCY: Error emailing admin (XXXXXX@miscorreos.net). Error=Mailer [mail] is not defined.  
[2021-04-14 22:54:04] prod.EMERGENCY: Error emailing user, MDN0111=XXXXXX@yahoo.es, error=Mailer [mail] is not defined.  
[2021-04-14 22:54:04] prod.INFO: User registered:  {"id":33,"pilot_id":111,"name":"ManoloCaracol","email":"XXXXXX@yahoo.es","airline_id":"1","rank_id":"1","country":"es","home_airport_id":"EDDT","curr_airport_id":"EDDT","last_pirep_id":null,"flights":0,"flight_time":0,"transfer_time":0,"avatar":null,"timezone":"GMT","status":0,"state":0,"toc_accepted":true,"opt_in":true,"active":null,"last_ip":null,"created_at":"2021-04-14T22:54:04.000000Z","updated_at":"2021-04-14T22:54:04.000000Z","deleted_at":null,"journal":{"id":35,"ledger_id":null,"type":"1","balance":{"App\\Support\\Money":"€0,00"},"currency":"EUR","morphed_type":"App\\Models\\User","morphed_id":"33","created_at":"2021-04-14T22:54:04.000000Z","updated_at":"2021-04-14T22:54:04.000000Z"},"rank":{"id":1,"name":"Piloto IFR","image_url":"public/assets/img/ranks/1.png","hours":0,"acars_base_pay_rate":"50.00","manual_base_pay_rate":"20.00","auto_approve_acars":null,"auto_approve_manual":null,"auto_promote":true,"auto_approve_above_score":"0","auto_approve_score":null,"created_at":null,"updated_at":"2021-04-14T18:28:01.000000Z"},"airline":{"id":1,"icao":"MDN","iata":"MDN","name":"MundoAirlines VA","country":"es","logo":"/public/assets/img/logo.png","active":true,"total_flights":0,"total_time":0,"created_at":"2021-04-13T14:14:45.000000Z","updated_at":"2021-04-13T16:36:09.000000Z"}} 
[2021-04-14 22:54:15] prod.INFO: Migrations available: 0  
[2021-04-14 22:55:09] prod.INFO: User MDN0111 state changing from Pending to Active  
[2021-04-14 22:55:09] prod.INFO: NotificationEvents::onUserStateChange: New user state=1  
[2021-04-14 22:55:09] prod.EMERGENCY: Error emailing user, MDN0111=XXXXXX@yahoo.es, error=Mailer [mail] is not defined.  

2 hours ago, jftejeiro said:

[2021-04-14 22:55:09] prod.EMERGENCY: Error emailing user, MDN0111=XXXXXX@yahoo.es, error=Mailer [mail] is not defined.  

That last line gives the clue ...

You are trying to use smtp, by editing the env.php file but it is not being read by your phpvms and it still tries to use the default mail function (probably from config/mail.php).

What i can think of is;

1. You did not updated your phpvms and still using something old (but trying to use env.php)

2. You tried to update your phpvms but it was not finished or completed or the migration failed (visit admin area after uploading files or just visit yoursite.com/update)

3. Your files under config folder are not updated (or somehow reverted back to older coppies) and your config/mail.php is not reading the env.php file properly.

Rest is up to the developer @Nabeel, he may give you more details or support about this.

The config / mail.php, do I have to configure it?

figure this host:     'host'       => env('MAIL_HOST', 'smtp.mailgun.org'),

'default' => env('MAIL_DRIVER', 'smtp'),
    'mailers' => [
        'smtp' => [
            'transport'  => 'smtp',
            'host'       => env('MAIL_HOST', 'smtp.mailgun.org'),
            'port'       => env('MAIL_PORT', 587),
            'encryption' => env('MAIL_ENCRYPTION', 'tls'),
            'username'   => env('MAIL_USERNAME'),
            'password'   => env('MAIL_PASSWORD'),
            'timeout'    => null,
        ],

4 hours ago, jftejeiro said:

The config / mail.php, do I have to configure it?

Normally not. 

I am really out of suggestions, there is something strange and wrong going on your install ... Please do open a bug report (at GitHub), attach your laravel logs, config details etc and request support from developer himself.

(He may be busy but he will know and help better for sure)

• 9 months later...

Need a bit of help with the email config as well as it does not seem to work properly. I signed up for Mailgun and they gave me 2 options: API or SMTP

Couldn't really follow the explanation in the phpvms docs (as I do not know where to find the "Secret" as shown below) 

[quote]
To use Mailgun, set your env.php like:

MAIL_MAILER=mailgun

MAILGUN_DOMAIN='your mailgun domain'

MAILGUN_SECRET='your mailgun secret',

[quote]

so I choose SMTP and configured the ENV.php as follows:

MAIL_MAILER='mailgun'
MAIL_FROM_NAME='American Virtual Admin'
MAIL_FROM_ADDRESS='admin@americanva.org'
MAIL_HOST= 'smtp.mailgun.org'
MAIL_PORT='587'
MAIL_ENCRYPTION= 'TLS'
MAIL_USERNAME= 'postmaster@americanva.org'
MAIL_PASSWORD= 'our password'

No joy. What am I missing please?

Edited by William

1 hour ago, William said:

Need a bit of help with the email config as well as it does not seem to work properly. I signed up for Mailgun and they gave me 2 options: API or SMTP

Couldn't really follow the explanation in the phpvms docs (as I do not know where to find the "Secret" as shown below) 

No joy. What am I missing please?

Mailgun Secret is your mailgun API KEY, if you have a mailgun account you will find it there. And for the SMTP try, your main setting still remains as `mailgun` so it will fail as expected.

MAIL_MAILER is the main/driver setting, if you want to try SMTP (either your own server or mailgun smtp) it should be MAIL_MAILER='SMTP' (or 'smtp') as per the docs.

And after changing settings at env.php level, you should always clean application cache ;) Otherwise your changes will be not be active.

Good luck

As far as I know, mailgun api needs/uses guzzle (which we have already), so up to my understanding from their docs that line should be either `api.mailgun.net/v3/americanva.org` (without https://) or just `americanva.org` (without https:// and mailgun's standard api path).

Hope you figure it out and this topic becomes sticky with the answer provided :)

46 minutes ago, William said:

Nope, I wasn't sure.... Just like I wasn't sure about the "Secret" 😃

I copied it from the API interface within Mailgun, they call it API address so I thought..... Well, you already know what I thought :)

Let me try with just americanva.org.......

Found this from one of my old replies at Discord.

mailgun.png.c39b9eba68e30c916270228513cb275d.png

So I think, yes only "americanva.org" and your api key (used as secret) will be ok and enough.

Hope it helps.

Edited by DisposableHero

OK, thanks! I've tried many combinations, but not that one. I will now and report.

Mailgun is setup correctly with the zone records modified on the domain..... So that's checked.

I know where to get all the API details and keys on their Dashboard..... Checked too.

For sure emails are not going out so it's phpvms unable to get them out because I have not configured it well...... Check.

Ironically, I cannot make it even if I use the SMTP settings as provided by MailGun....

But I will keep trying....

Screenshot 2022-01-19 143200.png

Edited by William

Well, I really have no idea why it fails @William, some guys tried the api setup it worked well and some other users of phpvms v7 are using mailgun with api too. I am not blaming you, there should be something blocking api access somewhere. Classic smtp settings should work, I mean it is basic mailing, works for every server, why it should fail at yours.

You already have server, port, username, password etc for their smtp access. Just use the default SMTP example with that info.

SMTP

MAIL_MAILER=smtp
MAIL_FROM_NAME='American Virtual'
MAIL_FROM_ADDRESS='postmaster@americanva.org'
MAIL_HOST=smtp.mailgun.org
MAIL_PORT=587
MAIL_ENCRYPTION=
MAIL_USERNAME='postmaster@americanva.org'
MAIL_PASSWORD='that long password here'

API

MAIL_MAILER=mailgun
MAILGUN_DOMAIN='americanva.org'
MAILGUN_SECRET='that long api key here'

I assume you are cleaning the application cache from admin > maintenance after doing changes to env.php and saving/uploading that file, failing or forgetting this step will cause problems.

(technically until you clean the cache your old env.php will remain in effect and changes will not be applied) 

It's clearly something wrong I am doing - or not doing :)

The cache is a great hint as I was not clearing it after every try, so..... that's a great starting point. I am sure not clearing the cache has made useless many of my attempts.

The config you wrote above should work as you say, thanks for writing it down as a confirmation.

I will win this battle....😅

Edited by William

Very valuable lesson learned here!! Clearing the cache was the main culprit.

For future reference this is the format that works greatly:

MAIL_MAILER=mailgun
MAILGUN_DOMAIN='your mailgun registered domain'
MAILGUN_SECRET='the long api key here'

Want to thank you again for all the help and patience 🙏

20 hours ago, William said:

Very valuable lesson learned here!! Clearing the cache was the main culprit.

For future reference this is the format that works greatly:

MAIL_MAILER=mailgun
MAILGUN_DOMAIN='your mailgun registered domain'
MAILGUN_SECRET='the long api key here'

Want to thank you again for all the help and patience 🙏

My pleasure.

At least you learnt the importance of cache by the hard way (maybe the hardest way) around, you will never forget it again :D 

Congratulations, enjoy your mails (free for 3 months) with mailgun. By the way, API is the fastest and safest way to implement it, glad it worked as expected and you did not used the smtp solution.

Have a nice day

Addition; 2022 Jan / Academy award winner screenshot name "An important moment in the history"

first_reply.png.d2825a57a11b4259340cd28533467bde.png

Edited by DisposableHero
Added the image for fun and merriment ;)