I can't start the installation

Nascoli

Hi guys, I have a problem installing. After following all the steps in the DOC, I installed phphVMS7 on my own machine (localhost). After installation, I typed https: // localhost / phpvms / public / and a screen with the <Head on to the installer> button appears. However, when I click on this button, instead of going to the installation screen, the system redirects me to PhpMyAdmin. Would anyone know what the problem is?

I am using XAMPP with PHP v7.4.18

1134715910_2021-05-10(1).thumb.png.6a225e609f5cfe774f4eb6c08539d9f3.png1757075325_2021-05-10(2).thumb.png.e792a49b2d55e252d64c0e7a3456d864.png

I had similar errors with XAMPP, thus used WAMP first (with virtual host configuration) then switched to Laragon (which is much faster and capable of things compared to XAMP and WAMP).

Though i saw some friends using XAMMP for their local tests but I never asked how they managed to get it work. If possible try Wamp or Laragon.

1 hour ago, DisposableHero said:

I had similar errors with XAMPP, thus used WAMP first (with virtual host configuration) then switched to Laragon (which is much faster and capable of things compared to XAMP and WAMP).

Though i saw some friends using XAMMP for their local tests but I never asked how they managed to get it work. If possible try Wamp or Laragon.

OK thanks! I will try Laragon. I tried Laradoc, but I had the same problem!

I use Laragon (the full version if that matters), works just fine ... Tried and installed multiple php , apache and mysql/maria versions (for development testing) . Even you can install phpvms 5.x series with proper versions ;) What i needed was to update the composer it has (for v7 composer install of vendors, which is an optional thing).

It can run v7 without any changes, out of the box (but works better when you have full control over it)

laragon.png.da6f0f3874c6da91113b2b3f0d569ddf.png

49 minutes ago, Nascoli said:

OK thanks! I will try Laragon. I tried Laradoc, but I had the same problem!

Just do not use the default/provided root folder ... Create a new folder in your drive like My Projects, define it as your second Document Root, switch to that document root from laragon menu (needed just once) then under that document root, create another folder like phpvms , then click the reload button from Laragon main window.

It will instantly recognize it as a new virtual host, and you will be able to access that project folder like http://phpvms.test , that will also let most of the features of phpvms work (like airport lookup, weather updates etc)

Hope these tips help,

laragon2.png.73eb6a3199c00b1b68e2073cf568f1bf.png

• Like 1

16 hours ago, DisposableHero said:

Just do not use the default/provided root folder ... Create a new folder in your drive like My Projects, define it as your second Document Root, switch to that document root from laragon menu (needed just once) then under that document root, create another folder like phpvms , then click the reload button from Laragon main window.

It will instantly recognize it as a new virtual host, and you will be able to access that project folder like http://phpvms.test , that will also let most of the features of phpvms work (like airport lookup, weather updates etc)

Hope these tips help,

Tkss a Lot!!! I´ll try!

On 5/11/2021 at 6:58 PM, DisposableHero said:

Hope these tips help,

Great! It´s does work now! Easy!

Tks a Lot!

• Like 1